P20 Pro I don't receive update's anymore

• 10 May 2019
  • 7 replies

Hy, after I receive in December Android 9.0 update, my phone doesn't receive any updates anymore. I still have 9.0.0.163 version of Emui since then and Google security is from 1 November 2018. I check all the time new version but nothing...

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4
it sometimes differs from carriers to carriers, region to region. While some carriers in a country may receive some updates early, others may be delayed for many months at the time.
Have you tried to insert another sim card to see if it can find updates? Try adding a vodafone or ee sim card to check for updates. Some users reported positive results.

Hope this helps!
until December I received regular updates only since then it's stop... And Android security since November ? I didnt try with other sim... I have 2 sim my own different company with internet plus my home wireless... I do not think it's related to the sim card
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
hi this thread here details some users receiving updates with sim cards. by the way have you tried updating via hisuite?
check this thread at xda: https://forum.xda-developers.com/huawei-p20-pro/how-to/official-huawei-p20-pro-ota-updates-t3873778/page17

read till the end of the pages, some users also suggesting adding a Three UK sim for the latest updates. 🙂
Ok, I I got the idea but there is user from Romania like me with same carrier like me, Orange and he received 9.0.0.270... ( me 163) and why everything was ok until December ? I will try to find a Vodafone Sim to try like you said, but I doubt that this will work out...
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Ok, I I got the idea but there is user from Romania like me with same carrier like me, Orange and he received 9.0.0.270... ( me 163) and why everything was ok until December ? I will try to find a Vodafone Sim to try like you said, but I doubt that this will work out...
try to take out sim check for update then put sim and check updates again. it might get the new updates you are looking for.
hope this helps
Ido that now with my Orange sim, and it's not working 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Marius Radu,

Sorry but at the moment we cannot give support on software related questions on the community.

Please take a look at this thread and contact your local support team for assistance.