Question

P20 Pro Issues with 9.1.0.311

• 11 August 2019
  • 28 replies

I have had an update on my phone to 9.1.0.311(C782E3R1P9) PATCH 01 .... NOW ALL I GET EVERY DAY ABOUT EVERY 10 MINUTES IS THE SAME UPDATE INSTALLING OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN... its the same update and even when i turn off auto updates its still there waiting to be installed ... i now have issues with photos as they keep giving me notifications of new photo ideas and i have been and turned off ALL notifications for everything .. yet photos keeps popping up and update keeps asking to be installed ... I have installed update maybe a dozen times and still this issue persists ... what is the problem with this so called wonderful new update ????

28 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
I have had an update on my phone to 9.1.0.311(C782E3R1P9) PATCH 01 .... NOW ALL I GET EVERY DAY ABOUT EVERY 10 MINUTES IS THE SAME UPDATE INSTALLING OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN... its the same update and even when i turn off auto updates its still there waiting to be installed ... i now have issues with photos as they keep giving me notifications of new photo ideas and i have been and turned off ALL notifications for everything .. yet photos keeps popping up and update keeps asking to be installed ... I have installed update maybe a dozen times and still this issue persists ... what is the problem with this so called wonderful new update ????

Do check if you have lack of RAM or internal storage for App Installation.
lots of storage available ... update that keeps happening is 474mb...
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Whit2k - sorry you're having issues, when others have had this issue, it's been recommended they contact the service centre.

https://uk.community.huawei.com/other-smartphones-35/phone-in-bootloop-what-to-do-4323
hmm its not really a bootloop ... i just get a notification that i have a new update ... and its the same one everytime .. so i feel its more of an update issue ... what i do now is cancel ... but its still happening everyday...

also getting some notifications from google apps that i have turned off .... they keep turning back on for some reason
I have been experiencing this same issue with the same update recurring constantly. It auto updates every night and still requests an update constantly through the day. I haven't noticed any notification issues on my device, other than this incessant update that doesn't seem to do anything and gives no information as to what it actually is for.
This isn't a boot loop it's an update issue and needs to be sorted.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hi all!

We appreciate the customer's input and are very thankful that you took the time to write these suggestions regarding update issues.

We thank you for bringing your problem to our attention and we want to get this solved for you as quickly as possible. Could you please clarify your issue by reaching out to our support team at 08000 886 700?

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any kind of problems in the future. You can also send me a private message for further assistance. Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT
I have something similar, i get bugged every day to install this latest update that apparently has problems with saftynet and potentially breaks googlepay and the playstore... I kept my original firmware for ages until Emui 9 came out and i finally updated.

I have auto download of firmware updates turned off and auto update turned off everywhere possible, ive even halted the process thats in charge of the firmware updates, nothing stops this popup every day........... Customer service only tells me to either update, or they talk me though what ive already done...

I left apple beause of the constant handcuffs they have on you in regard to firmware etc... now it seems im stuck again because some software code on a phone in 2019 cant prevent a popup happening every single day.
Userlevel 1
I have the exact same issue. It said something about having unofficial software when I hadn't had anything on there other than a couple of streaming apps but nothing that would effect root file. I've read that it's actually a major issue and 100's are suffering the same issue. They call the service help desk only to be told to do what everyone has already done despite you telling them this over and over again. Then for you only to be told to contact your network provider or device provider for them to have the device repaired under warranty. This can take 5 - 10 days without a phone or a loan phone which is a basic button device. It's just not good enough. Huawei know there's an issue with the update. They should arrange a doorstep swap for a grade A recon.
Also my rear camera won't focus at all auto or manual. I loved this device when I first got it but I'm slowly but surely losing faith in them. I don't care about name like Samsung, LG. I did love HTC but they have slipped so far from having the best looking devices to nothing but nothing
most annoyingly now ... a mod has put this as answered and it ISNT!!
most annoyingly now ... a mod has put this as answered and it ISNT!!
Yeah, I got an email directing me to the post where someone basically wrote "call the help desk"
i think its all they can do on here ... this is probably one of the worst help/forums i seen ... its all crap ..like the bloody phones now
i think its all they can do on here ... this is probably one of the worst help/forums i seen ... its all crap ..like the bloody phones now
Ad the best part is, the p30 is out, so they won't put too much effort in to the older phones firmware tweaking
Quick update, this morning I got the "UPDATE NOW" popup twice, coming off of WiFi on to 4g seemed to retrigger the popup.
I am having exactly the same problem with this update. For the past 10 days it constantly wants me to upload it and does it up to 4 times a day, then I get a message saying there has been an unauthorised change. The same update is constantly being installed. Then I have to reset some App permissions. It is so frustrating. I have tried to find answers online but none seem available.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Fix19 please contact the support team directly to look into this, they can be contact below:

https://consumer.huawei.com/en/contact-us/
Userlevel 1
i have a similar problem with my bootloader locked phone 3 times or more a day it keeps asking if i want to update but i dont want to update and there is no option for me to turn that message off. again on my bootloader locked phone this is absolutely not the case. how can i stop this really annoying problem?
i have a similar problem with my bootloader locked phone 3 times or more a day it keeps asking if i want to update but i dont want to update and there is no option for me to turn that message off. again on my bootloader locked phone this is absolutely not the case. how can i stop this really annoying problem?

You can't, you're being forced to upgrade... There's even a workaround for not updating apple products and stopping their popups with a beta tester profile installed... With this emui/Huawei update you can stop the popup in any way at all... You can force stop the process, take all its privileges away, block all it's popups... but it still comes up... The only option I haven't exhausted is rooting the phone and fully blocking/uninstalling the updater totally.... But then I can't do that because I use googlepay etc...

This really is enough to prevent me going for Huawei when my upgrade date comes around... It's such a shame because I really like the camera.
Userlevel 1
@SwiftyRich yeah same problem here my friend, this is my last huawei phone and we were rolling out new phones in our office and normally i would pick huawei but all these problems with huawei i just cant justifiy picking a brand with so many problems to advice the 800 phones for our company im also not advising our customers to buy huawei phones anymore as a matter of fact we removed them from the website all together. we need root support for one little function but huawei stopped their bootloader unlock service and we are not gonna buy shady unlock codes for 100 dollar each that would cost us almost 80,000 euro's. in unlock fees.....
Userlevel 1
See no one knows what this problem is. They say contact support which I've tried online chat... No availability... Emailed 3 times.... Guess what, no reply. They have even marked this topic as resolved... It's not.
Just a simple answer what the problem is, and what we need to do to fix it? Does it need sending off for repair, does it need replacing? Does it need new parts?
Just a simple answer so we can at least try and start to get our phones fixed. So disappointed in Huawei, they're a massive company, bigger than most people think. 1 in 5 people have a Huawei product in the whole world. That's a lot but they can't get their customer service sorted? If I were the head of customer service, I'd be able to run it a lot more efficient and cost-effective than their current team. Right first times isn't hard, taking ownership of issues keeps customer churn down and service costs low. What's the 'oh it's only a few hundred customers.... Fu@k them we'll get more attitude' because that's what it sounds like from you guys.
See no one knows what this problem is. They say contact support which I've tried online chat... No availability... Emailed 3 times.... Guess what, no reply. They have even marked this topic as resolved... It's not.
Just a simple answer what the problem is, and what we need to do to fix it? Does it need sending off for repair, does it need replacing? Does it need new parts?
Just a simple answer so we can at least try and start to get our phones fixed. So disappointed in Huawei, they're a massive company, bigger than most people think. 1 in 5 people have a Huawei product in the whole world. That's a lot but they can't get their customer service sorted? If I were the head of customer service, I'd be able to run it a lot more efficient and cost-effective than their current team. Right first times isn't hard, taking ownership of issues keeps customer churn down and service costs low. What's the 'oh it's only a few hundred customers.... Fu@k them we'll get more attitude' because that's what it sounds like from you guys.

Yeah, it doesn't seem they're a brand that needs to have a good reputation in customer service to still make money... A few big brands out there have impeccable customer service and offer "exchange at the door" warranty replacements, and their customer base grows off of reputation and word of mouth spreading far and wide... Huawei is an absolute giant, it seems they don't need to keep any individuals happy with fixing problems, they've made/are making an insane amount of money... And with the scandal that's still going on with security issues and them pretty much being able to steal every single thing you do on your device.... I really don't think they care about the odd persons here and there trying to use their phone with western services like Google.
Userlevel 1
Its becoming a major issue in the service industry. Voda started it a few years back by moving their customer service base to Egypt paying a fraction to the cost of employment here in the UK. They realised that customer will always see the deal before anything else so would join on that basis not the best customer service. However, with 19 years experience in the telecommunications industry, I think it's a false economy. Say they get paid £1ph UK pay is £11ph. Just to service the call cost the network approximately £6 on average. I contacted their customer service dept to ask 1 simple question after I'd already put my friends 30 day notice in... When would the final bill be produced? The Egyptian C/S rep couldn't grasp the concept of the simple question so I explained what usually happens when you leave a service in baby talk. I think she just about got it but then put me on hold for over 4 minutes then came back to say the account was not disconnected so bills will be the same as always. I then repeated, 30days notice given 2 weeks ago, when is the final bill? Again on hold and after 8 minutes on hold, she gave the standard billing dates. I couldn't carry on so ended the call. Altogether I was on the call for 32mins for a question which would and should have took no longer than 10 seconds to answer. So that call would have cost say example £20. Then my repeat call cost X how many times I called. Theres no such thing as right first time because they don't care about their customers because they're still making massive profits. Huawei have millions of Chinese customers and it seems like they don't care about the few because that few is something like 0000000.000001% of their total customer base. Why throw dead money at a fix when it will be fixed on their next update. Very disappointed in them

Hi All with this problem.  Enable developer mode.  Reboot phone.  Try update again.  It ‘should’ offer the 318 update instead.

Hi All with this problem.  Enable developer mode.  Reboot phone.  Try update again.  It ‘should’ offer the 318 update instead.

That fixed it for me. Many thanks!

SOLUTION found curtsy of Nemeth :)

1. To enable developer > settings > system > about phone > Build Number Tap 7 times or just keep tapping until it says you are dev
  2. go back to system update even if it says it’s still 9.1.0.311 install update again and it will restart.
  3. Once restarted go to software update you should see 9.1.0.318 update available. 4.4GB

No more 9.1.0.311 loop.

Most people on there probably don’t need a detailed explanation but could help others searching in Google find the solution.

And does this fix NFC problems? Safety net problems? Google services (googlepay etc)?

And not just for some, does this update fix all the 311 problems?