Question

Photo transfer to sd card

Hi. I have a Y7 2018. I've recently purchased an sd card for my phone, as I have hardly any internal storage left. I've put the sd card in, formatted it, yet still can't work out how to transfer my photos into it! Any help is gratefully received! Please note I have bought a 32g sd card, yet when I made the sd card my preferred storage (out of frustration), it said I had 16g of data transferred and was now full too!!!!

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
See below
Userlevel 5
Badge
Open the built in Files app and then choose the Memory card link. There you will see what files and folders (if any) you have. You can choose what to keep or delete. To see hidden files or system files, tap on the 3 dots at the top right and choose settings. There you can show hidden files and media files.

Navigate to your Internal Storage and find the folders with the photos you want to transfer to your SD card. Tap and hold on that folder and choose Move at the bottom. Then tap on Categories at the top and choose the Memory card again. Finally tap move at the bottom to move your photos.
Open the built in Files app and then choose the Memory card link. There you will see what files and folders (if any) you have. You can choose what to keep or delete. To see hidden files or system files, tap on the 3 dots at the top right and choose settings. There you can show hidden files and media files.

Navigate to your Internal Storage and find the folders with the photos you want to transfer to your SD card. Tap and hold on that folder and choose Move at the bottom. Then tap on Categories at the top and choose the Memory card again. Finally tap move at the bottom to move your photos.
Thank you very much for that info. I will have a go right away! Many thanks again.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Your welcome! Hope all is clear and you have success.

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings