Answered

Recent apps disappears after split screen

• 29 March 2019
  • 7 replies

So the recent apps disappear after each split screen. And the only way to bring the recent apps back after a split screen is to restart my phone.

Do I have an option set to make it act like that or is this some kind of bug?

Someone please help 😣
icon

Best answer by Jase 10 April 2019, 00:07

Thank you for your reply!

Yes, after using the split screen feature there are no apps displayed in the recent apps.

I have done the cache partition and I still have the same problem.

It only does it when I use nova launcher. It doesn't do it on the huawei launcher (emui).

I contacted nova and they said that the problem is not on their end that huawei is well aware.

Please help me fix this bug.

Unfortunately I think the answer is to not use nova launcher, I think it's disingenuous of Nova launcher to say it's not there problem when emui doesn't have the same issue. Its up to app developers to make sure there apps are completely compatible with devices and absolutely nothing to do with Huawei. You may have better luck with another launcher instead, or that might actually be a good topic if you fancied seeing what other launchers people are having success with.

Regards Jase
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hello @eupeuta and welcome to the community!

So after using the split screen feature and accessing the Recent Apps screen, are there no apps displayed at all in the list? If this is the case, I would first recommend wiping the phone's partition cache.

To do this, the phone should not be charging or be connected to a computer and has to be turned off. Then, please press and hold both the Power button and the Volume Up button at the same time for about 5-10 seconds. In the Recovery menu, select the "Wipe partition cache" option and then "Reboot system now".

I look forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Max

Yes, after using the split screen feature there are no apps displayed in the recent apps.

It only does it when I use nova launcher. It doesn't do it on the huawei launcher (emui).

I contacted nova and they said that the problem is not on their end that huawei is well aware.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Unfortunately I think the answer is to not use nova launcher, I think it's disingenuous of Nova launcher to say it's not there problem when emui doesn't have the same issue. Its up to app developers to make sure there apps are completely compatible with devices and absolutely nothing to do with Huawei. You may have better luck with another launcher instead, or that might actually be a good topic if you fancied seeing what other launchers people are having success with.

Regards Jase
My recent apps don't show up after a slipt screen (multi-task screen showing two apps) when I use nova launcher. All I see when I try to go on recent apps is a blank page showing my wallpaper. The only way to bring them back is to restart my phone or switch to the huawei launcher.

I don't have that issue when I use the default launcher on my phone.

I have a Huawei mate 20 x running Android Pie on emui 9.0

Please help because I wanna keep using nova launcher.
Unfortunately it is indeed an issue with EMUI9, specifically its launcher.
This bug not only affects Nova Launcher, but also Evie and others as well (which I have not tried myself).
It seems the app overview is still handled by the stock launcher even if you use a custom launcher like Nova.

How do I know? Disabling or uninstalling the stock launcher using ADB fixes this problem by reverting the app overview to the vertical one from Android 8.
There are some other bugs connected to the new app overview (when used together with a third-party launcher) as well, such as the current app being shifted to the left instead of being centered in the overview after pressing the overview button.

If anyone wants to try this, see this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/mate-20-pro/themes/how-to-enable-android-oreo-style-t3864229
You probably want to disable the app instead of simply deleting it as suggested by reply #7 on that very page though, just to be safe.
It goes without saying you should try this on your own risk, and you should also set your custom launcher of choice as default before attempting to get rid of the stock launcher.

Regards Jase

The issue is not nova but emui 9. Please report this bug to huawei.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Eupeuta,

Sorry for the lack of response in this thread. Please reach out to our official support channels if you still want to report this bug https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/.