Answered

Remove or disable Hisearch

• 15 November 2018
  • 18 replies

Userlevel 1
Is there any way to remove or disable "hisearch"? the silly pull down gesture on the home screen, as I'm always activating this accidentally whilst trying to check notifications.
icon

Best answer by Jase 15 November 2018, 19:49

Officially no, but yes you can. There's a thread over at XDA developers site explaining how it's done. Does require a PC but does not require rooting.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/mate-20-pro/how-to/how-to-disable-hisearch-guide-t3863411

Regards Jase
View original

18 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Officially no, but yes you can. There's a thread over at XDA developers site explaining how it's done. Does require a PC but does not require rooting.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/mate-20-pro/how-to/how-to-disable-hisearch-guide-t3863411

Regards Jase
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Or just download Fluid Navigation Gestures from the play store which replaces the stock gestures with customisable ones that can also override hisearch 😉 (still requires PC but no deleting files from phone)
Userlevel 1
Just download fluid thingy, hope it works with Linux.
They really have made the honor 10 a step backward. As if the removal of the excellent fingerprint scanner from the rear of the phone wasn't bad enough, they reduced it in size moved it to an awkward location on the front of the phone and reduced it's size by about 80% to make it virtually useless on the move. Then they cram the phone with even more useless software to reside with the google Bloatware and make it impossible to customise in a useful way to stop it interfering. Then they reorder the pull down smart menu so the Torch control appears where the infinitely more useful Mobile Data control used to be. Have they given the Design Department to a bunch of morons?
.... and I forgot to mention the removal of the SDCard option in the second SIM bay is criminal. Are we now competing with Apple for stupidity?
Simply you can install a launcher that let you configure gestures. I am using microsoft launcher that solves this problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Matt99,

As everyone suggested on the post, there is no official way to remove the "HiSearch"
It was implemented as a quick searching future on the devices to make our users experience much easier and faster.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!😀
Max
very annoying...
Why is there no official way? Why does Huawei not want to let me control my phone? Until this update, I was more than pleased with my purchase, now it feels like a bit of a bait and switch. Poor choices!
Since the last update this HiSearch prompt when you're fast scrolling or pulling down from the top is infuriating, I do not want you to have access to everything nor do I want to have to cancel the prompt every time. Probably pops up 20 times a day, it's ridiculous. If it continues I will be moving back to Samsung, seriously guys it can't be that hard to disable the prompt with a tick box or something in the next update.
Also have the same issue here. Even worse then Bixby from Samsung. I come from the Samsung s8 and now own a P30 Pro.
This combined with no notifications on the always on display and the fact that I only can pull down the notification screen from the total top makes me to bring the P30 back soon. Guess the S10 Plus wins it after all.
Hope Huawei can fix these issues in next phones. Can't understand they make it this way especially when the competition shows how it can be easier
Userlevel 3
Hi @Matt99,

As everyone suggested on the post, there is no official way to remove the "HiSearch"It was implemented as a quick searching future on the devices to make our users experience much easier and faster.
I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!😀

Max

Really? Easier and faster for what? Like much of EMUI it was implemented to copy iOS. A really useful feature would be to make the swipe down gesture show your notifications. With phone screens continually getting bigger and taller this would actually make the user experience faster and easier.
This is so annoying. I am first time buyer of Huawei (Honor) phone and its annoying me every day with something new features. Firstly I struggled to disable some button floating on screen and now this HiSearch. Extremely annoying so called feature. Please help me remove this or I need to dump this phone.
Good Day,

I just want to share my frustration regarding, HiSearch gestures. I've already read some discussion about it and it seems there's no way to disable it without using other tools like adb. I understand Huawei want to force this feature to it's user so I will just have to suggest one thing. I think it's better to change the gestures with the following:

Swipe down to view notifications and Swipe up for the HiSearch I think it's a win win for both Huawei and Users.

Regards,
Hi @Matt99,

As everyone suggested on the post, there is no official way to remove the "HiSearch"
It was implemented as a quick searching future on the devices to make our users experience much easier and faster.

Max

This feature was implemented because iOS has it. Nothing else. And the feature sucks
Hi, I'm new to the community.

As I was researching how to get rid of this annoying feature I came across a workaround and very simple.

HiSearch mainly appears when you swipe down for the notification screen. To resolve this go to Settings, Smart Assistance then (System navigation at the bottom of the screen). Click on this and you will find three options...go to (Three Key Navigation option). When you touch it it will give you 4 more options, pick one of the two bottom options which both have downward pointing arrows with two bars across the top of them. these arrows allow you to bring down your notification screen without having to swipe the screen and so minimizes the risk of that stupid HiSearch appearing.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Ian
Ian, thanks for the suggestion. It is indeed a doable work around but using a Huawei specific feature to solve a Huawei bug ..
I opted for a different launcher, looks better, works better and zero chance of hisearch.
Hi, I'm new to the community.

As I was researching how to get rid of this annoying feature I came across a workaround and very simple.

HiSearch mainly appears when you swipe down for the notification screen. To resolve this go to Settings, Smart Assistance then (System navigation at the bottom of the screen). Click on this and you will find three options...go to (Three Key Navigation option). When you touch it it will give you 4 more options, pick one of the two bottom options which both have downward pointing arrows with two bars across the top of them. these arrows allow you to bring down your notification screen without having to swipe the screen and so minimizes the risk of that stupid HiSearch appearing.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Ian

Good Day,

Good for you, but if you haven't notice we prefer to use Gestures instead of the Three-key Navigation buttons. We really want an option to remove this annoying design bug (Not feature) instead of forcing us to use other options.