Answered

Screen mirroring Netflix

• 7 September 2018
  • 41 replies

Ive got a P10 phone and when I try to mirror share Netflix to my sharp aqous TV I only get sound and no picture I've installed the same mirror app on my partners phone which is Samsung and hers works perfectly fine. We're on fiber broadband so it's not that any help would be appreciated
icon

Best answer by Applejack 25 May 2019, 19:30

Hey guys, im facing the same issue when im trying to mirror the netflix to my chromecast using my mate 9 and i think i have found the solution...

I manage to connect the video using google home apps

1. Download google home apps
2. Launch the apps
3. Press the account button at the bottom Right
4. Click on mirror device
5. Click on "cast screen/audio" for casting
6. Select the chromecast as the casting receiver
7. Open and watch netflix
View original

41 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi Simon, what mirror app have you installed? Your P10 should have an option for MirrorShare when you swipe down the notification panel.
Ive tried about 7 from play store and it's always the same I've also tried with a USB c cable to hdmi connecting the phone to TV but that doesn't work either I don't understand how my partners works fine when we are both on Android operating systems
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hve you tried simply using the build in MirrorShare feature? You shouldn't really need another app.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Simon cook,

Did you read Tony's reply?

Problems like these are often the cause of a poor network connection. I would suggest to restart the router and reconnect the devices. But it seems like your network works fine.

Could you please let us know if you tried the MirrorShare feature?
Ive just updated my internet connection to fiber I've tried using the mirror share on the main pull down screen but I get the same outcome I have sound but no picture
Userlevel 4
Badge
I know it's not fixing your problem, but mirrorshare is not a very good solution for what you're attempting anyway. I'm assuming your TV has the netflix app on it. use that instead. You can usually cast to tv from within the netflix app if both the tv and phone are on the same network.
As for why mirrorshare is not working, I can't help.
Userlevel 4
Badge
As a side note, 'casting' to the TV is basically telling the tv what to start streaming. This means that it doesn't have to download to your phone and then send the data over to the tv.
Hi, I also have a p10 and can connect to my projector using a dongle into hdmi port. YouTube is fine, all videos play from my phone etc. Netflix loads up, I see the logo, the skip/pause icons, the video 'up next', but not the content played on my mobile. I can hear the sound and see everything except the picture. It's driving me mad! My wife's iPhone connects without any problems so it isn't the projector or dongle that are the problem.
This is the first issue that I've had with this phone but it's so annoying.
"Help me Huawei community, you're our only hope...."
I have the same problem with my P10 streaming Netflix to my Samsung TV. All my other streaming apps work fine when using the Mirrorshare built-in software. My other phones have no problem streaming Netflix and even my Huawei T3 10 Media Pad Tablet works fine.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi YIDARMY,

Regarding these inquiries, can you please PM me the IMEI and serial number of your mobile device?

Please do not provide the details on this thread, just click on my name and select the "Private Message" option.

Best wishes,
Max
Hi,
I have the same issue. Screen mirroring with huawei p10lite and Netflix does not work. I get audio, but no video.
Any solutions yet?
Thanks
I've recently purchased a Y7 2018. I can't even find a Mirrorshare option (tried notification pane and edit and pretty much every single setting). Is this actually supported on this model? I'd have thought that a 2018 device running Android 8 would have some sort of screen cast as standard without requiring a 3rd party app.
I have a mate 9. Same issue with Netflix, no video just sound and I also see the title and all controls. I use mirror share to a smart TV. I can see all other apps and such displayed from my phone, including you tube and Amazon prime videos.

Netflix support suggested contacting my tv manufacturer support..even though Netflix app is only thing that is not showing correctly onto tv.

Tv support couldn't help.

The only way to get Netflix to work, is to go thru hotspot and use the built in app on TV.
Is there anybody from Huawei who can adress the screensharing/netflix issue? Seems to be purely Huawei related
Userlevel 4
Badge
So does the screen mirror just play the audio on Netflix and not the picture ? Does the same happen with YouTube or other streaming apps ? Just trying to ascertain if it's just Netflix specific
Userlevel 4
Badge
On the Netflix app is there any settings regarding H.264 or H.265 compression ? H.265 compression is quite new and alot of older TVs don't support it ?
Yes, only netflix. Same if i mirror to another TV. And no, cannot change resolution on netflix. pure Huawei issue imho
I have the same issue with my new mate 20 Pro. Netflix doesn't work (everything works in the app, subtitles, preview images, etc. Just not the movie screen) both on website and app.
YouTube works fine, but when I bought a YouTube movie it had the same issue (again on website and app)
I triedowering the quality on YouTube but this had no effect. Tested on WiFi and mobile internet.
Hello everybody!
I'm having the same problem with both my P20 lite and with my Sony Xperia, so it's not just a huewei problem, but a Netflix one. Everything works except from video (subs, sound, etc... OK, but no video) Every other app works, but not playing video on Netflix.
Please Help,
Thanks!
this seems to be a hdcp issue. so legal content provider streaming services such as netflix, amazon, hulu will not work on your device (i have the 10 mate pro and it does not work). it will all seem to work up to the point you select a video and start mirroring, you will hear audio but there will be no video displayed.
This works out of the box on samsung devices as well as apple devices.
if you want to get it work on huawei device you would need to root the device or find an app with which you can "pretend" to have root access and follow these steps:
1. Download ROOT browser.
2. Navigate to system/build.prop
3. Find "ro.build.type"
4. Replace the "user" to "userdebug"
5. Save and Reboot.
6. Go to the developer options.
7. Tap on "HDCP Checking"
8. Choose "Never check"

now maybe do a reboot and try again, it should work.
This all being said, very poor of huawei to not support this out of the box and i'm sure they also know this for a fact (and if not even more shame on you) this is really a deal breaker and not properly commenting acknowledging it makes it even worse.
Hello everybody!
I'm having the same problem with both my P20 lite and with my Sony Xperia, so it's not just a huewei problem, but a Netflix one. Everything works except from video (subs, sound, etc... OK, but no video) Every other app works, but not playing video on Netflix.
Please Help,
Thanks!

oh yeah sony is also known for this not to work so shame on both of them.
again samsung and apple i can confirm works out of the box
Userlevel 3
I agree with the hdcp thing, it's not the phone but content protection for the streaming services.

I tried to get amazon video casted to the chrome cast but it doesn't work. Amazon video only supports fire stick although I've read we can use windows chrome and cast amazon's site from the pc to chromecast.

I've used amazon video as a smart TV app or of course fire sticks have the app.

Competitors don't usually work together much i suppose
Hi everyone, I've been having the same issue with Netflix failing to display the video when I'm projecting my phone to another display.

I seem to have found a simple solution. I turned on the "allow HiSuit to use HDB" option in the settings and I'm now able to watch the videos properly when projecting them to another display.
Hey guys, im facing the same issue when im trying to mirror the netflix to my chromecast using my mate 9 and i think i have found the solution...

I manage to connect the video using google home apps

1. Download google home apps
2. Launch the apps
3. Press the account button at the bottom Right
4. Click on mirror device
5. Click on "cast screen/audio" for casting
6. Select the chromecast as the casting receiver
7. Open and watch netflix
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Thanks for the helpful reply, @Applejack! And welcome to the Huawei community. 🙂 @Simon cook, @Crazyeddy, @Angela (also, welcome to the community!), can you confirm that this solution has worked for you too? Please let us know.