Answered

Screen mirroring Netflix

• 7 September 2018
  • 41 replies

Show first post

41 replies

Hello everyone,

Any solution for this issue? I have the same problem with my P20, other smartphones work very well but not mine. This problem also happens with Crave.

Thanks in advance
I had the similar issue with my P20 Pro trying to watch Netflix that only had sound not video; and Youtube is only half tv screen.
I FOUND THE SOLUTION AND IT IS SIMPLE:

GO TO : SETTING, DEVICE CONNECTION, EASY PROJECTION, HOW TO USE (WHICH EXPLAINS HOW)
SO WHEN YOU PLUG IN THE HDMI FROM TV TO USB-C TO PHONE, THE PHONE SCREEN BECOMES TOUCH MOUSE SCREEN, USE 2 FINGER TIPS TOUCH THE SCREEN AND PULL DOWN, THERE IS OPTION TO SWITCH THE PROJECTION FROM DESKTOP TO PHONE MODE. THEN GOT TO NETFLIX AND WATCH FULL VIDEO SCREEN!
YOUTUBE BECOME FULL TV SCREEN WHEN THE PHONE IS HORIZONTAL!
AMAZING...
To make this really clear,

The problem is HDCP. It's a form of content protection and it is definitely not a play around with settings issue.

There is an app on the Play Store called DRM Info which when installed and run will let you know if your phone model is HDCP compliant. Its free and small and will save you a lot of needless frustration.

As you can see, my Honor Play doesn't support HDCP. Which means I can't cast or mirror HDCP controlled content. Netflix uses HDCP and thus won't work. L1 Widevine is also required to play HD content and as the attached image shows, my device is only L3, which means it can only play SD content. (HD is 720p+ content whereas SD is 360p or 480p or 540p only)

The only true solution to this is a system update from Huawei. Or rooting your phone and doing suggesting build.prop edits manually. However Huawei has disallowed rooting of most, if not all, of their current portfolio of mobile phones.

It's sad to read comments on checking network connections when people don't understand the problem and just want to create posts.
Hello, my 'Max HDCP Level Supported' seems to be 2.2. So does this mean that the problem is solved?
Hello. Same here. My "Max HDCP Level Supported" is 2.2 and "Security Level" is L1. Based on what @RuiD said, casting/mirroring Netflix content should work (HD), but is not working. I have black screen with sound and subtitles.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Hello all!

We are truly sorry for this inconveniences you are experiencing.

As I have noticed, @Applejack has found the solution. I would suggest you if you have these kind of issues to try out his solution. Hopefully these steps will help you out!

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any kind of problems in the future. You can also send me a private message for further assistance. Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT
@BarneyT, this is not a solution.... more like a workaround.
Hi. I have a PSmart 2019 phone and a Bush Smart TV. My mirror projection was working fine until I started watching a movie. I got audio but no video. I even get a split second of video when I'm accessing the menu functions. Seems like it may be a quick fix but I can't seem to get my head around it. Help!!!
Same problem here, owner of a P30 Pro with HDCP support but the device won't show Netflix while using Miracast. Huawei please help!
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Mark van de Waal - did you have any luck with the answer from Crazyeddy?

Hi everyone, I've been having the same issue with Netflix failing to display the video when I'm projecting my phone to another display.

I seem to have found a simple solution. I turned on the "allow HiSuit to use HDB" option in the settings and I'm now able to watch the videos properly when projecting them to another display.
Hi Danjl,

No, unfortunately this did not work either. 😞
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Hello all!

I am happy that I can see some nice solutions on this issue! I would suggest the latest answer which is @Applejack 's.

It's great that the customers can help each other is these kind of cases!

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have further issues! You can send a private message as well, if you want this kind of assistance!

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT
Late to the party, always!

I have the same issue. I can't mirrorshare Netflix with my projector. Only get black screen with audio. I have tried suggested solutions above. I need help please. I really want to watch Netflix on the wall. I used to do that with my Samsung.
@Mark van de Waal - did you have any luck with the answer from Crazyeddy?

Hi everyone, I've been having the same issue with Netflix failing to display the video when I'm projecting my phone to another display.

I seem to have found a simple solution. I turned on the "allow HiSuit to use HDB" option in the settings and I'm now able to watch the videos properly when projecting them to another display.

No luck.
I find it very disappointing/discouraging that Huawei does not seem to have a solution for our issues. 😞
Hey all, not sure what happened but the problem has solved itself and strangely I can now watch netflix on the wall. Maybe the system took a few days to adjust to the settings I tweaked (Crazyeddie's advice).

Installing Home didn't work as it couldn't even find the device.

In any case, I'm happy now that I can watch live Netflix. 🙂