Answered

UK/Europe Beta Testers!

Userlevel 1
Why is it that the UK and Europe are always last to get software updates and the ability to enroll into beta testing?

We have paid for our phones like everyone else but are excluded from any benefits like other areas.

Come on Huawei - we are all in it together!
icon

Best answer by Max 14 May 2019, 11:14

Hey @Sasperello, welcome!

We're sorry about the disappointment.

As there are different market regions for the devices, updates and software might differ. The rollout period is usually similar all across the platform, but some regions might receive updates later due to region specific functions.

Would you mind telling us about your phone, so we can check about upcoming updates for it?

Thanks!
View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hey @Sasperello, welcome!

We're sorry about the disappointment.

As there are different market regions for the devices, updates and software might differ. The rollout period is usually similar all across the platform, but some regions might receive updates later due to region specific functions.

Would you mind telling us about your phone, so we can check about upcoming updates for it?

Thanks!
Userlevel 1
Mate 20 Pro
Userlevel 1
@Max any update on when UK users will get access to the EMUI 9.1 beta?

I downloaded the Friendly User Test app, and logged in some while ago, but there have been no projects available to join, i.e. no Beta.

I'm a Mate 20 Pro - LYA-L09 user.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @YoshiPickles,

Please contact our supportteam directly if you have questions about software updates: https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/
Userlevel 1
Hi @YoshiPickles,

Please contact our supportteam directly if you have questions about software updates: https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/

I contacted support, and got this answer...

Thank you for contacting Huawei UK.

The final update calendar is not available yet for all the models that will receive Android 9 and we cannot provide specific details about the update yet.

So no help at all. Not even confirming if we will get it at all.

Huawei are announcing the Beta's for China, can we not provide the same info for Europe / UK customers?
Userlevel 3
I too would like to beta test on mate20pro. I have rung support and they were pretty useless to be honest and did not help at all.

I have beta tested for the fruit based company for many years then switched to Huawei. In general the updates are very slow compared to other manufacturers which is a shame because my Mate20Pro is pretty much the best phone I have ever had.

It seems the UK are very much last in line for software updates. Wondering if tis time to go back to the dark side?
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
I would love to be considered as a beta tester for Hardware and updates.

If only I could get a job testing new things from home 🤔

You don't get if you don't ask.
Hey all,

I downloaded the BETA app some time ago however there never seems to be any projects - is it something im doing wrong or out dated?

I really wanna get on to beta testing but not sure of what I'm suppose to do. If anyone can point me in the right direction id appreciate it

Scott
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Scott isaac I moved your post to the this thread to avoid duplication. Perhaps the folks in this thread can confirm if they're involved in any Beta testing.
Userlevel 2
Badge
The handling of the Beta testing procedure by Huawei is quite strange - I had access to the EMUI 10 Beta but now haven't. I even cannot even see the progress of my filed error reports anymore.

And there were the incredible amount of a total of 7 (!!) Beta testers in my "project"... So maybe that was an error and we should never have gotten it or something - as with only 7 people the testing doesn't really make sense.
Even more so if the testers of one Beta version - .125 in my case - don't have access to the following versions (there apparently was a .153 and now is a .160 out) so they cannot tell if the error has been resolved..?!?
Userlevel 2

Once you sign up to a beta how long does it take for you to get through to download it. Just says it has been submitted but I have to wait for them to deal with it. What's the time scale on this if anyone knows

Userlevel 2
Badge

It was several days here. 

Userlevel 2

It was several days here. 

Thanks. There is nothing anywhere to give you a clue. I'll just have to wait and see what it brings