Answered

Update appears to have disabled ability to make calls.

• 14 May 2019
  • 7 replies

I updated my phone yesterday to 9.1.0.153 and I now I can't make any calls. Any outgoing calls drop immediately with a quick message popping up saying Call Ended. I can't do a Factory Reset for a week because my bus ticket won't transfer and I only bought it this morning!

Any help? Anyone else having the same issue?
icon

Best answer by Danjl 14 May 2019, 17:05

Hi @pwhiticus ,

Given you've tried the clear cache @Loveit suggested, can I suggest the following.

2. Settings > System > Reset > Network settings reset > Network settings reset again to confirm.

3. Then you have to return to Settings > Apps and notifications > Apps > More > Reset app preferences. At the end of the process restart the phone.

Hope this helps.
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 3
I updated my phone yesterday to 9.1.0.153 and I now I can't make any calls. Any outgoing calls drop immediately with a quick message popping up saying Call Ended. I can't do a Factory Reset for a week because my bus ticket won't transfer and I only bought it this morning!

Try doing:
Settings --> Apps --> Contacts --> Storage --> Clear Cache.

Might not work but worth a shot.

Try doing:
Settings --> Apps --> Contacts --> Storage --> Clear Cache.

Might not work but worth a shot.

Sadly not. Thanks for the suggestion though!
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @pwhiticus ,

Given you've tried the clear cache @Loveit suggested, can I suggest the following.

2. Settings > System > Reset > Network settings reset > Network settings reset again to confirm.

3. Then you have to return to Settings > Apps and notifications > Apps > More > Reset app preferences. At the end of the process restart the phone.

Hope this helps.
t
Hi @pwhiticus ,

Hope this helps.

That's actually sorted it! Thank you so much! 😎
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@pwhiticus Cool, glad it helped.
I have the same problem with sim2, I have done all the steps but the problem continues. I can receive calls but not make.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi David,

Since you tried all the steps, I recommend that you contact the support team directly for further assistance: https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/