Sticky Answered

Waiting on a software update? Phone the Hotline

• 23 November 2018
  • 205 replies

Show first post

205 replies

Userlevel 3
At least their excuses are getting more creative! I must say it is some job by Huawei to anticipate months of Google security patches and incorporate them into the c782 build making it the most secure phone on the market (not).
Userlevel 4
Badge
So got the 159 update for p20pro c782
Still no GPU Turbo though ? Really is the most bizarre updating process I think I've ever seen.
Userlevel 3
So got the 159 update for p20pro c782
Still no GPU Turbo though ? Really is the most bizarre updating process I think I've ever seen.

This is what for me discredits the nonsence Huawei told me about the c782 version having a different build etc and not needing to be updated so frequently - the GPU turbo update is a system enhancement and so should have nothing to do with the software build (they didn't answer that point when I put it to them, which wasn't a surprise). It's just UK customers getting a poorer service, simple as that.
Userlevel 3
We are getting a lot of questions about software updates. Below you'll find a list of software-threads, broken down by types of devices, to make sure that we don't get double topics.

The Research & Development team is aware of the feedback we’re getting. We are trying our best to get the updates to you as soon as possible. General info on this matter will be posted in this thread.

Mate 20 Pro
P20 Pro
P20
P10
P10 Plus
P9
P8 (lite)
Mate 10 Pro
Mate 9
Honor 9 (Lite)
EMUI 9 (android Pie)

Why is the Honor 8x not included on this list?????
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @phlppip,

It's not on the list because no one created a topic about Honor 8x updates specifically. 🙂
Userlevel 3
Hi @phlppip,

It's not on the list because no one created a topic about Honor 8x updates specifically. :)

In that case could you please add it, or do I need to create another thread first???????????????
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Phlpppip,

If your question or comment on updates on the Honor 8x is about EMUI 9 Android Pie update, please see this topic. If not.. feel free to create a new topic. 🙂
Userlevel 3
I've just got Pie for my P20 & I'm on 3. It was understanding that once the updates are released for a certain model, the networks then have to test it with any software they overlay on there branded phones. 3 isn't the fastest at this as I waited over a year for Oreo on my last Samsung so I was surprised today to get it.
Userlevel 5
Badge
I've just got Pie for my P20 & I'm on 3. It was understanding that once the updates are released for a certain model, the networks then have to test it with any software they overlay on there branded phones. 3 isn't the fastest at this as I waited over a year for Oreo on my last Samsung so I was surprised today to get it.
Three are as fast as others, the phones are open market versions, but with UK firmware which is same for all networks.
I have both Mate 10 Pro & P20 Pro and both have Pie and I'm on Three.
Userlevel 1
I have been checking daily for the P20 Pro updates since it was announced last month. Just noticed it is avilable now. 18th Jan 2018. O2 Model but on Three network now.
@Amy is Huawei Y7 Prime 2018 Likely to receive the android pie update?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Danny,

Sorry I don't have any info about what devices are getting it when. I will ask our support team to see if there is anything they can share.
@Amy thankyou for the feedback once you talk to the support team please let us know. Thankyou.
Userlevel 2
Please can people not be rude to Amy - I'm sure she is giving out as much info as she can or is allowed to. Call me white knight or whatever but some of these posts are very rude to Amy.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Thanks @toge!
Userlevel 2
Unless posts have been moderated I don't see any rude posts. I see people frustrated at Huawei, but rightly so. If Huawei plege to support devices for 2 years, and don't then there is legitimate concerns to be had. People paid money in good faith for devices so are right to request clarification.

Lastly I have no beef with community managers, but it's clear that there is no communication between the branches within the company. They have no additional information about answers to questions that surely the sofware team has. It a ridiculous situation
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hey Mac182,

I get your frustration. Please know that we are working hard on sharing as much as possible on the community and that we are working on feeding all feedback from the community to the rest of the company. It takes some time for a starting community to get everything in order, this is not something we can do overnight (unfortunately). We also focus on peer to peer support on this community, so it sometimes takes a few days before a Huawei Support member replies in a thread.

That said, @all please keep the thread on topic.
Isn't it strange that a Chinese company releases regular monthly updates and Android upgrades to their Chinese customers only? Probably not, but it is a very good reason not to buy Chinese equipment outside China.

I for one am not going to be dazzled by brilliant hardware again.
"In a statement, Huawei said: “In July 2018 the Oversight Board report of the HCSEC identified some areas for improvement in our engineering processes.
“We are grateful for this feedback and committed to addressing these issues. Cyber security remains Huawei's top priority, and we will continue to actively improve our engineering processes and risk management systems.” "
ROFL, perhaps rolling out security updates on a monthly basis to non-Chinese users isn't anything to do with Cyber security? Note: Huawei do roll out monthly security updates to their Chinese users.
Userlevel 1
I have p20 lite c782, FF latest update January my last update was October which was the September update but no GPU Turbo
"Huawei warns it could take 5 years to address UK security concerns"

Well I guess that's when I'll expect the next security update then.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Waiting on a software update?
Please contact our support team directly. Phone the Hotline: 08000 886 700 Mon - Fri 09:00 - 21:00,Sat. 9:00~17:00 (Except bank holidays). The support team will create an update request for you, if possible. Are you outside the UK? Please contact the support team in your region.

At the moment we cannot give support on software updates on the Huawei Community.

It might take a while for an update to arrive due to the release of the updates in different and separate batches as the IMEI's are chosen randomly. Also, please be informed that another part that is important when receiving an update depends if the device is unlocked (SIM Free) or locked in a certain network (branded.) Therefore, some users might receive updates and security patches sooner than the others.

Sorry for the inconvenience
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi All
just been onto support again chasing this update, i'm stuck on .153 on the mate 20 pro.

It appears they cant help with updates either, i have had 3 requests just to be told time after time "this will get chased up" & the below:

"We understand that you are not happy with the update process and I am here to provide some explanations on this.

First, the update process is based on many factors (the network operator, the region, model of the phone, type of update, etc) and that's why we cannot provide an estimated time or date for a specific update.

The roll out process is random, that's why some devices might receive it earlier and some later.

Also, I wanted to assure you that you will receive a notification if you have an update available. From there you will be able to download and install it. The notification will arrive when the update is fully optimized for your device. Also, if there are any security risks or issues, we will make sure that you will have the patches on time to solve that.

Finally, I want to mention that your feedback on this matter will be noted and passed to the development team so, in the future, the process might change accordingly.

We hope you will find this information to be of use and thank you very much for the time spent to get in touch with us. Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to contact us."
Huawei support is useless.

1 They will blame anybody but themselves.

2 Updates to Huawei 'HiSuite' don't work for syncing Outlook Contacts and Calendar.

3 It takes ages to get a response.

3 I never had any problems with Apple iTunes and/or Samsung Smart Switch

4 I am already beginning to regret getting the P20 Pro

Keith Ackers
I have p20 lite up version ANE-LX1 (C782) , DIDNT GET ANY UPDATE FROM MONTHS .
Its factory unlocked !!
Why is it so i am not having any update ?