Sticky Answered

Waiting on a software update? Phone the Hotline

• 23 November 2018
  • 205 replies

Show first post

205 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I have p20 lite up version ANE-LX1 (C782) , DIDNT GET ANY UPDATE FROM MONTHS .
Its factory unlocked !!
Why is it so i am not having any update ?

Hi @Cipherking,

I moved your post to this thread. Please read my previous. At the moment we can't give support on software updates on the community. Please contact the Hotline: 08000 886 700 Mon - Fri 09:00 - 21:00,Sat. 9:00~17:00 (Except bank holidays).
Userlevel 5
Badge
I have a mate 20 pro. In three month's behind on security patches despite just hearing an advert on the radio about making sure your devices are up today due to cyber crime.

Is this not a huge breach on your part ? The update process is a farce and it needs looking at ASAP.
I raised an issue with @Max about a month ago and I've called and live chatted about this several times just to be told it's a random process, i need to wait. What type of process is this ?

Do you have an official statement about updates? In sure at the time of release it was said these would be more fulent and faster.
Userlevel 3
I have a mate 20 pro. In three month's behind on security patches despite just hearing an advert on the radio about making sure your devices are up today due to cyber crime.

Is this not a huge breach on your part ? The update process is a farce and it needs looking at ASAP.
I raised an issue with @Max about a month ago and I've called and live chatted about this several times just to be told it's a random process, i need to wait. What type of process is this ?

Do you have an official statement about updates? In sure at the time of release it was said these would be more fulent and faster.

I was amazed to actually receive EMUI 9 on my P20 (c782 version) though I had to email Huawei support to get it. Unsurprisingly the c432 version is currently receiving the February update and security patches while the c782 remains on the December update. Nothing changes....
Userlevel 1
I have the p20 lite my last update was the September update which I received in October
Userlevel 2
@Amy this "call our support team" is it actually yielding any results for people getting updates, or just a different way to tell us the same thing...... Wait..... , as yet again we are now 3 months behind on security updates, given recent news of pretty significant security issues in the os I would have expected even the lowly C782 to be a priority right now
Userlevel 1
I have the p20 lite I have given up on updates waiting for my contact to end and get a different phone
Userlevel 5
Badge
@Mrtigger84 same as me, they told me i would get an update within 2 weeks 5 weeks later still nothing.

Wishing i never brought this device now...
Userlevel 2
I have previously used an alternate method to get pie early and security up to date..... However seems Huawei cottoned onto it and made it almost impossible to do now.

It really is shameful how little effort it being made to improve this situation. Especially as its such a great handset. And to prevent bootloader access to do it manually.... They might aswell put a leash round ya neck
Userlevel 5
Badge
Just seen on the TV a cyber security advert advising people to update devices regularly, chance would be a fine thing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
@Amy this "call our support team" is it actually yielding any results for people getting updates, or just a different way to tell us the same thing...... Wait..... , as yet again we are now 3 months behind on security updates, given recent news of pretty significant security issues in the os I would have expected even the lowly C782 to be a priority right now

Hey Mrtigger84 & @All,

I'm sorry to see that you are still waiting on an update. And I get that it can be very frustrating. We are sending you from here to customer support because they can create update requests, if possible. That depends on your devices and what updates are available. That's something we cannot do on the community at the moment.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi @Amy i logged something with them 5 weeks ago, they told me they resolve issues within 2 weeks. I tried to explain to them its been 5 weeks but they didn't seem bothered.

I feel WE as a community have been let down in regards to this, cyber security is a huge issue and your not helping fight the issue. The lack of updates, the lack of after sales support, the lack of updates on requests is really shocking. I thought id buy one of the devices to see what all the fuss it about, i thought your support & updates couldnt be as bad as others but its worse.

There just is no communication on what is happening when you raise an issue.
Userlevel 5
Badge
just had an update on my support case..

M said:Thank you for waiting. I will have to forward your case, so we can get some more details from our technicians. If that's okay, I can do so for you and, if I receive any reply, I will come back to you with an email.

the key words here are " if i receive any reply "...
So... just phoned the number quoted and got exactly the same response I got five weeks ago on Facebook.... basically so sorry but tough you'll have to wait.... Presumably the Pentium II powered PC handling the updates is having trouble with it's dial up connection...
Very frustrating...
Userlevel 5
Badge
i have just received the following email from Max:

Thank you for your reply and provided details.
The update push request has been created. The reference number for your case is **********************. Usually, it takes about 10 working days for the request to be processed. In the meantime, we kindly advise you to check regularly for any updates on your phone.
We hope this information proves useful. Should you have any further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
As we are constantly focused on improving our services, we would be very grateful if you could take a few seconds to complete the 3-question survey below, in order to rate the support you received from our side.
Userlevel 3
The c432 version of the P20 is now getting another update including March 2019 security patches. The c782 is still on the December patches, so once again 3 months behind with updates. This is farcical.
When will there be a security update for the P20 Pro I'm currently on 9.0.0.168
Huawei mate 20 pro, iv had this phone since January 2019. Iv had 3 updates and my security settings are set to February 2019. Wen I spoke with Huawei spokesperson they confirmed that they update the Huawei mate 20 pro every 3 months!. Unless people give Huawei support good reasons to update their phone's, they not gonna update every month are they... 😜😂😂 Leeds UK.
Userlevel 5
Badge
@Leeds UK im still on Decembers security update 😪. Been told my device should update soon.

I had a p20 Pro but that was about 6mth behind on updates, it seems the UK is last to get updates and they can't tell us why.
Ah p20 I's a different subject!, my pharmacist uses that phone, and says the same thing that updates wur that not quick! Hence I went for the Huawei mate 20 pro! Much better and much faster!. 🙏👌
Userlevel 5
Badge
I exchanged the p20 for the mate 20 pro, im currently 3 months behind on updates 😞
Userlevel 1
I was just wandering is there going to be any more updates for the p20 Pro eg security patches, any new features going to be added via software update, or was the pie update the last?
Userlevel 5
Badge
Well it's been a week since my email from @Max. Just got the following update from them..

sorry to hear about the fact that the update has still not received by your phone. I can only imagine how unpleasing it must be for you. However, please rest assured as I will try my best to assist you in this matter.
In regards to your query, kindly be informed that at the moment the updates are being sent to the Mate 20 Pro phones, however we do not have an exact time-frame for when all the devices will receive it.
Kindly note that this is a time-consuming process because the updates are sent in batches based on the IMEI nr. of the device and this may take some time. However, the moment the update will be available for your device, you will receive it. What I suggest you do in this situation would be to bear with this a bit more, until the phone's IMEI number will be eligible for the update.
Once again, we are very sorry for this situation and we thank you very much for your understanding and patience.
Should you have any further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

@Max will i still get the update within 10 days as e-mailed last week ?
@Leeds UK im still on Decembers security update 😪. Been told my device should update soon.

I had a p20 Pro but that was about 6mth behind on updates, it seems the UK is last to get updates and they can't tell us why.

@Crawshaw09 Hi. Remember it does also depend on which network you are with. I'm on O2 uk so I'm happy. 👌
Userlevel 5
Badge
@Leeds UK shouldn't really matter though, the entire upgrade process is shocking...
Lies after lies after lies..
@Crawshaw09
Iv had noooooo issues. Can I ask where did u get ur phone and thru which supplier? Ta Leeds UK