Sticky Answered

Waiting on a software update? Phone the Hotline

• 23 November 2018
  • 206 replies

Show first post

206 replies

Hello sir my huawei p10 not getting any update it's stuck on emui 5 and android version 7.0 and Google security patch level 1 February 2017 plzz help me out iam facing many issues with this software my phone start heating it's starting hanging any much more problems plzz give me solutions..... Thank you..
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @Faisal ,

I've moved your question here as this thread explains more about software updates. As Amy states in her response:

Please contact our support team directly. Phone the Hotline: 08000 886 700 Mon - Fri 09:00 - 21:00,Sat. 9:00~17:00 (Except bank holidays). The support team will create an update request for you, if possible. Are you outside the UK? Please contact the support team in your region.

Hopefully this helps.
Userlevel 1
Waiting on the latest update to 9 on my mate 20 lite?? When is this coming for UK users??
Userlevel 1
Hi will the mate 20 lite get android 9.0 as they have it in China already ??? Thanks Danny
Probably never.... It's a joke. Never buying a huwaei device again
Hi does anyone know when will emui 9.1 be released in uk for honor play i know that it came out for huawei p10 last week and honor 10 but still dint for honor play
Userlevel 3
Called this number last week and they said there is nothing they can do. Still stuck on a buggy early Pie build with December security patch. Broken blue screen recents menu is what everyone wants to live with for months - right Huawei?

P20 Pro, UK three network. Bought phone as unlocked but still waiting on 3 to push me the updates now.

Fook You Huawei, this isn't good enough.
my Mate 20 pro still running on Google security patch of Feb 2019. When will I get latest security patch?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@hjangadi , have you called the hotline? What did they say?
Oh well, bye bye Huawei, I'm off to Pixel land. If only there was some way I could let the whole world how bad Huawei are at supporting their devices for customers outside of China - only one update in two years when we were promised bi-monthly updates!
My unlocked P20 pro (CLT-L09) bought from an independent retailer is running on 1st Dec 2018 security update, my previous phone a Nokia 8 got an update every month without fail. The P20 pro is a great phone and especially the camera but the last Huawei I will buy.
[h4]@Danjl[/h4]
they said at the moment latest update is 1st Feb Security update which I have already. but my query is why Huawei has not yet released latest security patches its already month of May 2019.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@BJC1 , @hjangadi ,

Unfortunately as Amy highlighted, at the moment we cannot give support on software updates on the Huawei Community.

It might take a while for an update to arrive due to the release of the updates in different and separate batches as the IMEI's are chosen randomly. Also, please be informed that another part that is important when receiving an update depends if the device is unlocked (SIM Free) or locked in a certain network (branded.) Therefore, some users might receive updates and security patches sooner than the others.
Userlevel 3
Yo Huawei. Still stuck on buggy early Pie build with broken multitasking when using other launchers.

At least allow me to pay you extra again so I can rebrand this UK piece of crap to a European model.
Userlevel 3
@Max

What's your input on these shenanigans? Politefully and respectfully asking...
Userlevel 3
Never too late to give an honest explanation Huawei...
Still stuck on December security patch, P20 Pro C782 which seems to be the strange cousin that no one in Huawei wants to talk about.

I have contacted Huawei CS about this. They promised an update. Never seen one. Having a 6 month Security lapse isnt funny. Neither are the bugs that still havent been sorted.

Im looking forward to the 9.1 update in 2022 too.
In the News: It turns out Huawei will not be supplying security updates to Android OS due to US security concerns blocking Google from working with Huawei - so no change there then!
On the day on the Google announcement, My P20 pro (CLT-L09) has just upgraded from Dec 2018 security to 1 April 2019 (9.0.0.255).
On the day on the Google announcement, My P20 pro (CLT-L09) has just upgraded from Dec 2018 security to 1 April 2019 (9.0.0.255).
Wow, you are so lucky you should try the lottery. But you did miss out on the Jan, Feb and March updates.
When is mate 20 pro receiving emui 9.1
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @Dareenboss,

I moved your post to this thread, which covers software updates. Please contact our support team directly. Phone the Hotline: 08000 886 700 Mon - Fri 09:00 - 21:00,Sat. 9:00~17:00 (Except bank holidays). The support team will create an update request for you, if possible. Are you outside the UK? Please contact the support team in your region.
Userlevel 1
I was told direct from Hauwai on April 12 that my phone will receive a security update very soon. Liars, still waiting and still on December 2018 security patch. You'd think with recent events Huawei would try harder to keep their customers happy. Looks like a pixel phone for me when my contract ends.
Oh well, bye bye Huawei, I'm off to Pixel land. If only there was some way I could let the whole world how bad Huawei are at supporting their devices for customers outside of China - only one update in two years when we were promised bi-monthly updates!
Same here Huawei it's officially dead now
Userlevel 1
I was told direct from Hauwai on April 12 that my phone will receive a security update very soon. Liars, still waiting and still on December 2018 security patch. You'd think with recent events Huawei would try harder to keep their customers happy. Looks like a pixel phone for me when my contract ends.
If your phone is linked to your mobile operator the updates will come available if they want it but I guess they wouldn't be able to update because of Google operating system Android ban just wait for the new OS from huawei eventually every phone maker needs he's own os Google showed that it can't be trusted..

I switched to BT from my old O2 SIM that I bought this phone on a contract with and I want to know how to switch it so I stop getting the O2 updates. Does anybody know what I should do?