Sticky Answered

Waiting on a software update? Phone the Hotline

• 23 November 2018
  • 206 replies

Show first post

206 replies

Here's more comment from Huawei support that I received this morning:

"...please be informed that the C782 was designed for UK market and so the software architecture of devices differ from those designed for Europe, C432. As they function differently the UK version does not need so many patches."

Its now June and my P20 still has not received any security updates on the C782 in uk has anybody received any in the last 5 months
Userlevel 1
I received march update in April p20 lite
Userlevel 1
My P20 Pro is still on the December security patch. I messaged Huawei UK on twitter about it and they've ignored me and now unfollowed me. Says it all really, they're not bothered. I was all for Huawei and really supported them, now I hate them, will never buy any Huawei product again. Their attitude to their customers has changed so much, I am beginning to think there is some truth in what is being said about them now.
Hi,
I have a P9 EVA L09 EMUI V 5.0.1, Android 7.0. The android security patch is dated 1 December 2017!
I have tried updating but it says up to date, surely there must be a more recent security update?
Userlevel 1
Maybe worth checking with your network provider and ask when they last received an update from Huawei. I contacted my provider O2 yesterday and they said they approved an update the 20th May and now it's up to Huawei to push it to the phones. They also said the last update received from Huawei prior to this was in December. So there you have it, Huawei DON'T provide timely updates for their phones.

It may be a different process in other regions but in the UK Huawei are slow to provide updates to the UK networks.
Thanks, sounds about right!

Over two years is a bit much when it comes to security👎🏻
Userlevel 1
Thanks, sounds about right!

Over two years is a bit much when it comes to security👎🏻

Two years is ridiculous!!! My old Samsung S7 Edge still receives regular security updates. It's a shame because otherwise I would be happy with them.
Hello,

Can you please tell me when EMUI 9.1 will be released for European Mate 20 Pro devices?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@yankoa, I moved your post to this thread. Please read Amy's answer. At the moment we can't give support on software updates on the community. Please contact the Hotline: 08000 886 700 Mon - Fri 09:00 - 21:00,Sat. 9:00~17:00 (Except bank holidays)..
Userlevel 1
Using the XDA forums method I've managed to update to firmware version: 9.0.0.286 (C782E3R1P9) and now have the 5th May security patch so way ahead of the 9.0.0.255 O2 version with the 1st April security patch.

Also in firmware finder firmware 9.0.0.295 is now listed but not approved just yet. As soon as it's approved I will update to it because it has the June security patch.

Just to note everything appears to work including banking apps, NFC payment and PayPal card reader for taking card payments.

We shouldn't have to go to all this effort to have the latest security patches and I am NOT suggesting anyone else try this as there's always a risk attached in doing so. I am doing this because I want up to date security patches and some other small software bug fixes.
Userlevel 3
Still Waiting...

@Max ....
@yankoa, I moved your post to this thread. Please read Amy's answer. At the moment we can't give support on software updates on the community. Please contact the Hotline: 08000 886 700 Mon - Fri 09:00 - 21:00,Sat. 9:00~17:00 (Except bank holidays)..

@Amy, @Danjl General question - why is so difficult and complicated with these updates? I mean all android updates? Why are so slow and why Chinese devices are getting new updates earlier?
Hi,
I have a P9 EVA L09 EMUI V 5.0.1, Android 7.0. The android security patch is dated 1 December 2017!
I have tried updating but it says up to date, surely there must be a more recent security update?

Well, I called the hotline & they were no help what so ever!
Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Amy, @Danjl General question - why is so difficult and complicated with these updates? I mean all android updates? Why are so slow and why Chinese devices are getting new updates earlier?

@yankoa depends what you mean. If you're asking about the development and roll out approach, then I can't help, that would be the development team. However the approach taken means updates happen in batches which means it's difficult to advise people which update for when. As this community is not an official support channel we therefore point people towards people who can better assist, though they too might not know.
Userlevel 1
Just manually updated my P20 Pro to firmware 9.0.0.295 (C782E3R1P9) which includes the 1st June security patch via FirmwareFinder and HiSuite on the PC.

Proves that Huawei are updating the UK version of the P20 Pro. So is it a case of Huawei going to all the effort of producing up to date software and for some reason not passing onto the UK networks or the UK networks receive it but don't bother with it and just blame Huawei? Would love to know what's happening here!

Hi could you provide a link please? Thanks.
Userlevel 1
Hi could you provide a link please? Thanks.
Here you go: https://forum.xda-developers.com/huawei-p20-pro/how-to/huawei-p20-pro-sim-free-clt-l09-c782-t3801361/page52 Post number 516.

Please note that SafetyNet Status is affected as the phone will fail the CTS profile match. For me the only app that doesn't function 100% is the NatWest banking app as it thinks the phone is rooted and no longer allows finger print log in. All my other apps work including all other banking apps and even a credit card payment reader.
Thanks. I'm assuming you can still use the NatWest app tho?
Userlevel 1
Thanks. I'm assuming you can still use the NatWest app tho?Thanks. I'm assuming you can still use the NatWest app tho?

Yes the NatWest app works, just have to use your PIN instead of fingerprint. I also use the Starling bank, Halifax, PayPal and Lloyds apps and they're all fine with fingerprint log in.
Userlevel 3
Well my mobile contract came to an end this week. I bought a Mate 9 just over 2 years ago. It was shipped on EMUI 5 (based on Android 7) and it was retired on EMUI 5 (based on Android 7). In 2 years I received 3 security patches ONLY. No firmware updates etc in that period.

I really like the look of the Mate 20, but I can't trust Huawei to support their premium devices. So looks like I will be moving to a OnePlus device, shame really. I know 1 person is insignificant, but I feel it pertinent to give Huawei some feedback and to share this information with potential customers.

Adiós

I've a feeling it won't be just one person. I have my first Huawei phone, P20 and don't get me wrong I love it. The speed, battery life, UI etc and the camera is amazing. But lack of updates and the amount of people I've seen complaining about the lack of them means that I will highly likely move to OnePlus after this one. The added issues with Google etc in the news doesn't help and makes me wonder if I would buy one again. Shame as it really is a fabulous phone and I'm hanging onto it for a few years at least, I just hope I will get updates in that time, if not I'll be off.
Userlevel 1
Huawei were tweeting telling people it's time to update to 9- that was weeks ago STILL NOTHING! I'm UK unlocked, P10 Plus VKY-L09 C432. I look forward to getting rid of this phone and never dealing with Huawei again!
Whats going on with the Android 9 update for the y7 prime 2019? I read on Huawei central 2 weeks ago that it was rolling out. https://www.huaweicentral.com/huawei-nova-lite-2-receiving-emui-9-1-update/
Userlevel 5
So I decided it was time to call these guys today after being stuck on the December update, I had contacted bia Twitter etc but got nowhere.

So I phoned and I have to say the persons attitude stank, I told her about the issue, C782 variants not getting update, she argued no such thing all European the same, very stand offish attitude and no help what so ever. So Huawei, You can stick you're phone and I do hope Google does a job on you.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Thehangryguy , sorry to hear you had a bad experience, if you wish to make a complaint, this topic explains the process.
Userlevel 3
@Max (or anyone else that knows anything)

What is going on with the updates brotherl? CLT-L09 UK model is stuck in the mud.

Is it a case of carriers having to pass it first, hence the delay? I know the last update had carrier alterations - who is to blame for the delays? Please someone answer - I really do like Huawei and defend them but this wall of silence is really fookin annoying.

Why is a premium smartphone I bought for £800 now still stuck on a buggy old version of EMUI?