Sticky Answered

Waiting on a software update? Phone the Hotline

• 23 November 2018
  • 206 replies

Show first post

206 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Loveit you're really best calling the hotline about updates. Phone the Hotline: 08000 886 700 Mon - Fri 09:00 - 21:00,Sat. 9:00~17:00 (Except bank holidays). The support team will create an update request for you, if possible. Are you outside the UK? Please contact the support team in your region.
Userlevel 5
@Loveit you're really best calling the hotline about updates. Phone the Hotline: 08000 886 700 Mon - Fri 09:00 - 21:00,Sat. 9:00~17:00 (Except bank holidays). The support team will create an update request for you, if possible. Are you outside the UK? Please contact the support team in your region.

They're as useless as a chocolate teapot and won't tell you anything you don't already know. No one seems able to give an answer, shocking customer service, the polar opposite of Apple who can't do enough to help.
Userlevel 3
All they say is there is nothing they can do whilst being quite rude. Please stop giving out this useless "advice" over and over again.
@Max (or anyone else that knows anything)

What is going on with the updates brotherl? CLT-L09 UK model is stuck in the mud.

Is it a case of carriers having to pass it first, hence the delay? I know the last update had carrier alterations - who is to blame for the delays? Please someone answer - I really do like Huawei and defend them but this wall of silence is really fookin annoying.

Why is a premium smartphone I bought for £800 now still stuck on a buggy old version of EMUI?

I want to know as well as I contacted Huawei and they told me is going to take a couple of months to get the update when is already rolling out...
Userlevel 3

@Max (or anyone else that knows anything)

What is going on with the updates brotherl? CLT-L09 UK model is stuck in the mud.

Is it a case of carriers having to pass it first, hence the delay? I know the last update had carrier alterations - who is to blame for the delays? Please someone answer - I really do like Huawei and defend them but this wall of silence is really fookin annoying.

Why is a premium smartphone I bought for £800 now still stuck on a buggy old version of EMUI?
I want to know as well as I contacted Huawei and they told me is going to take a couple of months to get the update when is already rolling out...

6 months without an update on a flagship phone that is barely over a year old...

And no-one can give an honest answer why...

@Max
Userlevel 3
Sorry to keep bringing you into this @Max (I'm not really) but it seems to me like you are the only one I've seen here that has the knowledge to answer this.
We are getting a lot of questions about software updates on the community. Please read the answer below if you have questions regarding software updates or if you are waiting for a software update. Want to start a new thread about software-updates? Please check our existing topics with the searchbar and in the list below. Double topics will be deleted. P30 Mate 20 Pro P20 Pro P20 P10 P10 Plus P9 P8 (lite) Mate 10 Pro Mate 9 Honor 9 (Lite) EMUI 9 (android Pie)

@Amy could you provide information on how to update the huawei mate 20 lite without contacting support, if needs be I will contact them, I just want to know if there is an alternative?
Thanks for your time
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hey everyone, really sorry to hear you're not getting the response you'd like from the community or support teams. We do our best to update if/when updates happen, but we don't know when things will happen for a variety of reasons, different devices, different timelines, released in batches etc. Hence we point people to the official support who are more likely to have this information.
Hi,
I have a T3 10 and am wondering if and when Android Oreo will be coming to it, especially now that Android Pie is out. It would be great to keep the Tablet both up to date and secure as its a fantastic piece of hardware.

Thank you

Adrian
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Jackson ARW , I moved your post here to avoid duplicates. We cannot provide specifics about update timings etc. Please contact our support team directly. Phone the Hotline: 08000 886 700 Mon - Fri 09:00 - 21:00,Sat. 9:00~17:00 (Except bank holidays). The support team will create an update request for you, if possible. Are you outside the UK? Please contact the support team in your region.
Userlevel 1
I see there are issues with the Pie update- the problem with Huawei is when this happens fixes are not immediately pushed out as they are with other phones. I have never known updates to be so slow!
Userlevel 1
It is very clear that support for these phones is very slow or non exsitant. Stop giving out a hotline that is of no use. If you want to help us then you should look into this and give us an answer.
Userlevel 3
My £800 P20 Pro flagship phone is now 7.5 months behind security patches despite only being released in April last year.

Is this acceptable Huawei?
Userlevel 3
^^^

@Max
Userlevel 3
Will provide a daily update from here on in (as long as I remember) on the lack of updates.

Fascinating for everyone I know.
Userlevel 2
Yep.. December 2018 last security update on that years flagship p20 pro (c782)...please this is not acceptable
Userlevel 3
Another day is passing. Check update - of course it's not there STUPID.

Thanks Huawei for your support, will check again tomorrow
Userlevel 3
No Update still.

An £800 flagship phone from Huawei is barely over a year old is still being ignored.

Ager is fermenting.
Userlevel 3
Yep, you guessed it - no update still. Will we ever get an answer though?

Userlevel 3
Anyone running a P20 Pro CL09 awaiting the 9.1 update it gets released to us at the end of the month (UK) July 2019.
Still waiting on the 9.0
Userlevel 2
Yep still waiting too
Userlevel 2
Anyone running a P20 Pro CL09 awaiting the 9.1 update it gets released to us at the end of the month (UK) July 2019.
How do you know this if you don't mind me asking. Thanks
Userlevel 3

Anyone running a P20 Pro CL09 awaiting the 9.1 update it gets released to us at the end of the month (UK) July 2019.How do you know this if you don't mind me asking. Thanks

Sounds like complete nonsense to me. I'd put massive money on me not getting 9.1 at the end of month (even at odds of 1/2)
Userlevel 3
What do we have here then? Yep that's right - no friggin update.

Oh what's that? Is that silence from Huawei?