Sticky Answered

Waiting on a software update? Phone the Hotline

• 23 November 2018
  • 206 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
  • Retired Community Manager
  • 2391 replies
We are getting a lot of questions about software updates on the community. Please read the answer below if you have questions regarding software updates or if you are waiting for a software update. Want to start a new thread about software-updates? Please check our existing topics with the searchbar and in the list below. Double topics will be deleted. P30 Mate 20 Pro P20 Pro P20 P10 P10 Plus P9 P8 (lite) Mate 10 Pro Mate 9 Honor 9 (Lite) EMUI 9 (android Pie)
icon

Best answer by Amy 26 February 2019, 16:07

Waiting on a software update?
Please contact our support team directly. Phone the Hotline: 08000 886 700 Mon - Fri 09:00 - 21:00,Sat. 9:00~17:00 (Except bank holidays). The support team will create an update request for you, if possible. Are you outside the UK? Please contact the support team in your region.

At the moment we cannot give support on software updates on the Huawei Community.

It might take a while for an update to arrive due to the release of the updates in different and separate batches as the IMEI's are chosen randomly. Also, please be informed that another part that is important when receiving an update depends if the device is unlocked (SIM Free) or locked in a certain network (branded.) Therefore, some users might receive updates and security patches sooner than the others.

Sorry for the inconvenience
View original

206 replies

Userlevel 1
Shock horror my unlocked P10+ has the 9.0.1.185 (C432E4R1P9) update ready. I don't dare do it incase it messes up the phone and I have to wait another 2 years for an update!
Hello,

Just bought the MediaPad M5 lite, a more expansive and better model than the cheap T5.
But I just read that no EMUI9 Pie android is announced! Just for THAT model??!! And that cheap T5 will indeed have it ??!!

Please, Please, can you do something to this nonsense??

Ps: 2 articles on the net said that the M5 lite was getting the 9 updates and it is the reason I bought it..
Userlevel 3
Finally got 9.1 yesterday with 5th July Security Patch. I can use Nova Launcher for the first time in 9 months.

Should I be thanking Huawei? 😃
Userlevel 3
Sepember 2019 is the date. Security patch 1st December 2018.

Still on buggy early Pie Build where I can't even use one of the best apps in the world - Nova Launcher.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@DecStef - please see Amy's response. We can't provide further details on updates on the community. So we ask people to contact the hotline.
Hi,
Is there any official update for my P9 Lite above the current one (EMUI 5.0.3 VNS-L31C432B414) ?
Thx,
Grtz
Userlevel 5
Badge
Just went into update and told it to check, it will download full version update.

Don't bother contacting support as they are unhelpful and will not provide correct information.

If u read previous posts u will see that I mention mine were rebranded by three and this happens with all C782 models of the phones.

Versions numbers are different depending if single or dual sim, but mine have come with July security updates.
Userlevel 1
Both my P20 Pro and Mate 10 Pro have updated to 9.1. Both phones are on Three UK so the updates will come.
Hi Thanks for replying. I have few questions hope you don't mind.
Was the updates came on their own or did you make a request to Huawei help line?
Was your phone shows the Three logo before the update when you re start your phone? Does is do it now?
What is your current version 9.1.x.xxx ?

Kind Rergards,
Kuru
Userlevel 5
Badge
Both my P20 Pro and Mate 10 Pro have updated to 9.1. Both phones are on Three UK so the updates will come.
Userlevel 1
Hi Anyone on Three network and 9.0.0.168 then there is no hope at all. I have called 08000 886 700 the support number since since end of the July. After 10 days update did shows up my device but install failed due to Three modified 9.0.0.168 version. When I restart my phone it does shows Three's logo then the chances you getting any updates are 0%.

Since the failed update on the 2nd I called every week Huawei support as they ask you to wait for 7 days. Still no update. This is very bad for the Customer perception. I don't put all blame on Huawei other than they should never allows Networks to modify their Firmware. Be like Apple if you want to be loved by Users.

As for Three I never ever buy Three branded Phones or even Sim only contract. As my Phone bought sim free and put in a sim only card. That modified my firmware and stuck on .168
By the way I raised a escalation on my Third weekly calls to Huawei but still no sign of contact from Huawei on when I will get the update.

I have did full rest on several times after the first suggestion by Huawei support.

Hopes this helps.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Germantas - I moved your post here. As Amy states:

Waiting on a software update?
Please contact our support team directly. Phone the Hotline: 08000 886 700 Mon - Fri 09:00 - 21:00,Sat. 9:00~17:00 (Except bank holidays). The support team will create an update request for you, if possible. Are you outside the UK? Please contact the support team in your region.

At the moment we cannot give support on software updates on the Huawei Community.

It might take a while for an update to arrive due to the release of the updates in different and separate batches as the IMEI's are chosen randomly. Also, please be informed that another part that is important when receiving an update depends if the device is unlocked (SIM Free) or locked in a certain network (branded.) Therefore, some users might receive updates and security patches sooner than the others.

Sorry for the inconvenience
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hello,

Is there plans to update this phone?
I mean at least securyti patches becouse I'm stuck on June pack.
Any news about Emui 9.1?
Userlevel 3
I stopped the daily boring updates for everyone's sanity. August 5th and still stuck on December Security Patch Early Buggy Pie release. Disgusting.

Sorry should have said it is a P20 Pro CTL-L09 C782 now with 5th July security patch.
Just checked for software updates and mine has just downloaded 9.1.0.311. Unbranded running on EE.
Userlevel 5
Badge
U were lucky to get branding removed, but if it is the C782 model u still stuck in waiting for three to authorise the release.

Android 9 might be more secure but still security holes that have been patched which we ain't getting from Huawei.

I need latest security updates and Huawei is a no go in that area. They can't be trusted as they state we will get them every month on their own website and in the updates, yet fail to provide.

It's no wonder they are getting banned by companies and countries as they just can't be trusted
The three branding was removed from the phone by a security update Huawei issued a month after I bought it. It has been back to factory settings ever since.

I am not as worried as yourself. Android 9 is very secure in itself and while the security updates issued by Google would be good to have, many updates are pushed independently of the firmware by Google via the store; a mechanism to be used more in the Android 10.

I don't trade my personal data with facebook or other data harvesters intentionally and most security issues reported have been bad apps, which I have very few apps of any type installed.

So, no...not worried. Just be nice to have all the new toys from 9.1
Userlevel 5
Badge
I bought my P20 unlocked and without carrier branding from John Lewis.
I use a three SIM card.
With the phone being supplied with factory software and no carrier involvement, I still find my phone on 9.0.0.168.
I would have expected an unlocked unbranded factory software phone to get updates before others.
I'm not over worried but very disappointed.

Do u now have the 3 logo on boot up, if so your phone is now carrier branded. This has happened to a lot of users including myself. And you should be worried about the updates as Huawei seem to think that the security of devices for UK consumers is nothing to worry about, yet security updates are being pushed to non UK consumers on a monthly basis.
Huawei need to get their act together otherwise consumers will just go to a different manufacturer.
For me I'll never buy another Huawei device due to how UK consumers are being treated.
My Pixel C tablet is still receiving security updates monthly and it around 4 year old, yet Huawei no updates on phones since Mar 2019 and my watches are last year.
I bought my P20 unlocked and without carrier branding from John Lewis.
I use a three SIM card.
With the phone being supplied with factory software and no carrier involvement, I still find my phone on 9.0.0.168.
I would have expected an unlocked unbranded factory software phone to get updates before others.
I'm not over worried but very disappointed.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hello, i bought a Y7 Prime 2019 and i wonder if my device will receive the EMUI 10 Update or not !! thank you in advance 🙂
Yes.
Hello, i bought a Y7 Prime 2019 and i wonder if my device will receive the EMUI 10 Update or not !! thank you in advance 🙂
Userlevel 3
@Max Your team should hang their heads in shame.
Userlevel 3
Nearly fookin August now an my £800 flagship phone is still on December security patch.

Absolutely disgraceful.
Userlevel 5
Badge
It did, but can't use Huawei widgets otherwise it will crash. I rarely use the phone now due to the dismal updates and risks both Huawei are Three are exposing us to.

I now use Google phone which gets updates every month.
Userlevel 3
Someone I know has 9.0.0.255 firmware (forgot check if dualism and network) and got 9.1 today, I'm still on 9.0.0.240 with March update and no 9.1. Network is Three UK
Does your version work nicely with Nova Launcher? I'm stuck on December security patch, no updates for over half a year.. Am also with 3 network.