Answered

Whatsapp and sms transfer from iPhone to Huawei

• 10 January 2019
  • 6 replies

Hi.
Can anyone tell me the best way to transfer sms and WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Huawei Mate Pro 20 please?
I'm going around in circles unsure what will work and what is a scam and could really do with some help.

Many Thanks.
icon

Best answer by paperpete 10 January 2019, 11:35

In terms of WhatsApp, on your iPhone, *before* transferring the SIM over to your new Mate 20, go into WhatsApp and make a cloud backup (not to iCloud of course, but to Google Drive or Dropbox if you can). I didn't do this, so I've lost my old conversations. Even people who do this often aren't successful - WhatsApp conversations seem tricky to migrate but you'll have your contacts and groups intact even if you just log in on your new phone.

For iMessages and SMS, I did this, and it worked very well:

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-migrate-sms-messages-from-an-ios-device-to-android-using-isms2droid/

Two things to mention about the above method.
  1. Make sure that you make an unencrypted backup using iTunes, rather than an encrypted one.
  2. If you have tens of thousands of individual messages to transfer, it will be better to use the iSMS2Droid app to import your texts on a contact by contact basis rather than all at once, otherwise the process may hang halfway through. I had this problem, and decided to manually choose to import individual contacts' conversations where they amounted to a LOT of messages each.
Hope that helps!
View original

6 replies

In terms of WhatsApp, on your iPhone, *before* transferring the SIM over to your new Mate 20, go into WhatsApp and make a cloud backup (not to iCloud of course, but to Google Drive or Dropbox if you can). I didn't do this, so I've lost my old conversations. Even people who do this often aren't successful - WhatsApp conversations seem tricky to migrate but you'll have your contacts and groups intact even if you just log in on your new phone.

For iMessages and SMS, I did this, and it worked very well:

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-migrate-sms-messages-from-an-ios-device-to-android-using-isms2droid/

Two things to mention about the above method.
  1. Make sure that you make an unencrypted backup using iTunes, rather than an encrypted one.
  2. If you have tens of thousands of individual messages to transfer, it will be better to use the iSMS2Droid app to import your texts on a contact by contact basis rather than all at once, otherwise the process may hang halfway through. I had this problem, and decided to manually choose to import individual contacts' conversations where they amounted to a LOT of messages each.
Hope that helps!
Hi
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately you cant do anything other than an icloud backup for WhatsApp.

Thanks for the sms move advice, I'll give it a shot. Thank you.
for transfering whatsapp messages from iphoen to android phone, you can follow the bellow:

Open WhatsApp and tap Settings > Chat Settings.

Select any WhatsApp conversation and swipe left. Select the "More" option. Click it and select "Export Chat" from the list.

Select and enter your email address, then press Send.

On your Android phone, log in to your email and view your iPhone WhatsApp message.

reference:https://www.fonecope.com/transfer-whatsapp-from-iphone-to-android.html
When we change model from iPhone to HUAWEI, whatsapp data in iPhone is important for us, and we need also move Whatsapp data from iPhone to HUAWEI, if you can't transfer Whatsapp data from iPhone to HUAWEI by the method above, turn to one quickest way about how to transfer Whatsapp from iPhone to HUAWEI is with the help of Eelphone Restore Social APP, migrate Whatsapp data from one device to another device
When we change model from iPhone to HUAWEI, whatsapp data in iPhone is important for us, and we need also move Whatsapp data from iPhone to HUAWEI, if you can't transfer Whatsapp data from iPhone to HUAWEI by the method above, turn to one quickest way about how to transfer Whatsapp from iPhone to HUAWEI is with the help of Eelphone Restore Social APP, migrate Whatsapp data from one device to another device
i tried it dear but actually its not free app, its just backed up my whatsappdata and then prevent me to restore it unless i buy the full version
Dear new Huaweii users, I had this same problem (I've had IOs for years and 17Gb of WhatsApp Data I wouldn't wanna loose).
It's a bit touchy but you can do it (and I had to buy an app)
1st Back Up on Itunes your WhatsApp (make sure you don't check the enforce coding or encrypt data.... something like that)
2nd download WazzapMigrator (I don't remember how much I paid for it but not too expensive)
follow instructions and it works well... I didn't loose any of my 17Gb files (It took me like half a day working on this procedure btw)