Wifi+ is not working after latest update

• 19 November 2018
  • 16 replies

Hello. After latest update wifi+ does not do anything to turn off or on wifi when I'm in range of known network. Before update everything was ok. I don't want to reset the phone because of my bank account app which should be authorised again after reset.
Just give a feedback to software team to fix that in next update.

Eml-l29 432region 166 update version oct. Sec. Patch

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi mattedmondson,

I will make a note of your feedback and forward it to the dev team.
Have you tried by chance a network setting reset - that will not effect the internal memory just the antennas of the phone.

And as always if you need any further assistance please feel free to contact us via forum or via mail, chat or hotline at https://consumer.huawei.com/

Best wishes,
Max
Yes. I've tried Network reset, but it didn't help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
I see, by chance could you please pm me with the IMEI and Build Number of the device so we can escalate this matter further?
Best wishes,
Max
Is there a solution for the wifi+ problem. I have the same with my p10 lite.

How did the network setting reset work?
Doesn't fix the problem. I guess it will need full reset.
I don't think so. If you search through the web you will find more new entries from users with different Huaweis that show these problem.
And I can't remember a problem in my past that has been solved by a fact. reset. I will wait for an Emui update.
I have tried all solutions even factory reset and still the same I could confirm it's related to andriod pie 9 as on my old Mate 8 with andriod 7 it was working very smart..... Really it's a very bad experience when I upgrade my phone I lose good option like this 🤔
It's not emui 9 related, because i have it before pie update. But it's good to know that factory reset will not fix it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that we are aware of the current situation and have forwarded it to the appropriate departments to be investigated further.

This should be fixed with the next upcoming update!

We will keep you updated with any news we receive about this!

Best wishes,
Max
Thanks in advance. I hope it will be fixed soon. 🙂
Thanks for your update
After the 9 update wifi issues started on my P20. i got a brand new P20 and the wifi issue is back. When will there be an update to fix this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
After the 9 update wifi issues started on my P20. i got a brand new P20 and the wifi issue is back. When will there be an update to fix this?

Hi @LynchP,

We don't know when the next update will be released and currently we cannot give support on software updates on the Huawei Community. Please contact our support team directly via the Hotline: 08000 886 700 Mon - Fri 09:00 - 21:00,Sat. 9:00~17:00 (Except bank holidays). They can check if it's possible to create an update request for you.:)
same with mate 20x