Answered

Work Profile Broken

Show first post

40 replies

Mate 20 pro, have to factory reset the phone for every update. Given up and turned off work profile....
Same issue here. Too bad. Was very happy with P20 Pro. Will look for other brand soon.
Every time I get a system update it locked the work profile and I lost my data!
This time at 9.0.0.206 on Bla-I29.
How can I save my data??
Now I have activated the developer options and disabled "Automatic systems updates". I hope that will do it.
But it is a bad solution!
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi all,

I am sorry to hear about the unfortunate situation.

As we are still looking into this matter, the current solution is to remove or delete the Work Profile and then add it again.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Max
Thank you for your answer!

It would be nice if you could inform me here if Huawei have solved this problem, because until then I will not do system updates anymore.
The current "solution" to delete the data is not a solution, but the problem.
I would prefer to let me open the bootloader to get root, so I can save my data myself.

After each factory reset everything has to be reinstalled and configured, as the Huawei backup program does not even save all system configurations completely. Not to mention the settings of the apps. This always costs a day!

A function with which you can create an image and restore it if the problem occures would be helpful.
Hii

I am using honor play , there was a option work profile switch on or off . once i gave switch off in doing so it appears to have broken my android work profile. .an android system toast notification constantly on the lock screen which says work profile locked, when I enter the correct pin it tells me its invalid. I can lock and unlock my phone with the correct pin,but unable to switch on with the same password.
Any ideas?

Please any one help me
This is a very disappointing bug to experience.
Removing and adding the work profile is a significant inconvenience.
Especially if you use single sign-on - you have to re-add all the associated profiles!

Is there a public issue tracker where we can monitor the progress of this issue?
@Max ?
Or anyone from Huawei if this thread is being monitored?
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi All!

We are sorry to hear about the situation which has prompted you to write to us.

We recommend that you delete the work profile and that you create it again.

Let us know if, after this, everything returns to normal.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Max
I noticed also that after EMUI 9 the work profile finger print is not working and i have to enter the password or pattern whenever i lock the mobile.

Same issue also happens that work profile is broken after the last update 2 days back
Max wrote:

Hi All!

Max

Such reply is like no reply at all.
Everyone in this thread seemed to be aware of the "workaround" of deleting and adding back the work profile.
It's even marked as the answer for this thread.

There are obvious problems associated with this "workaround".
The most challenging is for IT department to re-add N number of phones after they are locked out after an update.

Unless someone can provide an insight on behalf on Huawei's development team on the progress of this issue or if this issue is being worked on at all or not, I personally see no benefit of reposting already known workaround.
Tedsc456 wrote:

I removed / deleted the Work Profile and then add it again. Solved the problem.

Hello dear,
I removed work profile from my device Y9 2019 but when I tried to add work profile again asking screen password. I entered correct password but device says, incorrect password.
Not sure why every time same problem we are to face.
Earlier work profile removed and add later was workable but yesterday new system update now I am unable to add work profile
Please anybody urgently advise to fix this problem.
Musfikur
Max wrote:

Hi All!

Max

Hi Max,
I deleted work profile and tried to create it again but it requires screen lock password. I entered correct password but it tells incorrect password. Earlier same method worked to normal but 2 days back system update what happen ??
Please urgently advise what to do.
Musfikur
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
@musfikur

Sorry to hear that the issue is still persisting.

Under these circumstances, I would kindly recommend contacting our hotline support team at the following number: 08000 886 700 so you can get in touch with our operators.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance!

Best regards,
Max
Tonight third time a system update was done (9.0.0.215), even though I had disabled automatic system updates in the developer options !!

And again the work profile is locked and the next reinstallation is necessary!!!

The work profile is unusable on Huawei 10 pro devices and Huawei does nothing against it!

CONCLUSION: Do not buy Huawei 10 Pro if you want to use the work profile!
I contacted the hotline the last time and was also at the Huawei service point.
They can not help you. Save the time!.
And behind closed doors you can hear how badly they are supported by Huawei themselves.

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings