Question

Huawei repair return missing

Hi

I was wondering if someone on here could assist me as the Huawei Helpdesk are completely incompetent, I sent my tablet in for repairs which they fixed and sent back to me BUT I have not yet received and Royal Mails last tracking only states received at their delivery office and delivery will be made on 15th (remember this is 24hr tracking) no delivery attempts have been made and upon calling Royal Mail they simply said they will look into it. I have contacted Huawei as they are responsible for chasing it as I am not the sender unfortunately they are trying to wash their hands of it as they won’t do anything about it nor will they put me through to a manager as there are non available in a call centre??? And they also said if they escalate it it could take three days and it’s up to the discretion of the manager it goes to. This is probably the worst service I have received. Does anyone know how I can get this escalated, it is an expensive tablet and I should not have to be put in this situation I am not the sender. I will be taking further action with trading standards and the citizens ombudsman but I want to escalate it with Huawei as well since they are responsible, any help is appreciated thanks

20 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Royal Mail may just have been having some delays, might be worth waiting a few days and see what they do.

You can always escalate the issue with Huawei, although I'm not sure how they are supposed to "chase" after a package that is being handled by Royal Mail.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Yahya32 sorry to hear you're having issues. I've flagged this post for the support team to check and will also see if I can escalate internally. Let us know in the meantime if the parcel arrives.
Thanks I really appreciate your assistance and I will let you know if the parcel arrives.

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@Yahya32

Sorry to hear about the experience you've been through.

In this case, I would recommend sending me a private message, so we can continue the conversation and request a few details. That way, we can have your case properly investigated to reach a swift conclusion.

To send a private message, simply click on my name in the discussion post. In the new window that appears, click on "Send message".

Looking forward to your reply. Let us know if you require any further assistance.

Best regards,
Max
DM sent

thanks
Hi Just a quick update since all customer service at Huawei are completely INCOMPETENT.

ROYAL MAIL DO NOT KNOW WHERE THE ITEM IS IN THEIR DELIVERY OFFICE THEREFORE IT IS LOST

There tracking has stalled since 15th June so stop stating that in every email you send me try speaking with ROYAL MAIL as that is your choice of courier and you hold a contract with them.

I would just like to inform you that whomever is dealing with this does not understand the situation. ROYAL MAIL, DO NOT KNOW where the parcel is even though their tracking states THEY received it on the 15th. when i spoke with them they said it should have been delivered on the 15th but now do not know where the item is. which is why i need to be compensated. I cannot do this with royal mail as the contract and choice of courier is yours so you have to deal with them as they are asking for your business details and payment methods used for sending the item which only you guys have.

Therefore i am owed a tablet from HUAWEI as that is who i have my contract with.

Trading standards have been notified please let me know if you want their reference no.. I am also passing on all these messages to the Guardian as the journalist there want's to do an investigative piece on this, His name is Oliver Burkeman.

I will also be taking legal action as i am yet to receive my tablet. And Please stop telling me what it says on ROYAL MAILS TRACKING as it clearly states the 15th of June when they recieved it NOT ME, we are now on the 20th of JUNE and no delivery attempt has been made, because they cannot find the item.

Your Contract/agreement is with me.

Royal Mails Contract and agreement is with you. ( I am not responsible for tracking them)

I chase you, and in turn you are supposed to chase Royal mail that is the LAW.

Yahya M
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Yahya32 , sorry to hear this hasn't been resolved yet. I've raised internally so hopefully we can get this sorted.
Just a quick note to add, Royal Mail have now confirmed the Parcel has been declared LOST after a 10 day investigation. They cannot pass this information on to Huawei as I asked for this investigation and Data Protection does not allow transfer of details. Royal Mail Ref 1-50144593476, Royal Mail did start an investigation for Huawei but I have been informed they will be given the same information as I have (Declared Lost) confirmed by Claire at Royal Mail, This should hopefully bring this to a close and resolve all issues.
I have been informed that Huawei need to contact Royal Mail Business to get the same answer as I have so they can send out a new Tablet. Can someone please push this as when i spoke with Huawei today 25/06/2019 they said wait 28 days (what exactly am I going to wait for when it has been confirmed it will not be delivered now) also please do not quote Royal Mail tracking as they said it will no longer be updated. Can someone please progress this ASAP please appreciate it.

Thank You
YM
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
@Yahya32 you should tag @Danjl so he sees this faster 🙂

Well now it's
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Yahya32 thanks for letting us know and whilst it totally sucks the parcel is lost, at least progress has been made. I'll pass on the details to the team so hopefully we can finally get this resolved.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Yahya32 , Just to update. I understand the service team are aware of this and are working with the various folks involved about next steps etc. Thanks for your patience.
Hi,

@Danjl @This is now getting beyond ridiculous and an absolute joke, I just rang Huawei support and they said we are still waiting for the Royal Mail Investigation to be completed (are these guys having a laugh, the investigation is over since the beginning of the week) they have still not called Royal Mail Business to confirm this and to send a new tablet out. I was now informed to wait 28 days, this is unbelievable and some of the worst service ever in existence I'm going to make sure this is reported, what a joke, and still no senior or managers available to speak to. I will never recommend buying a Huawei product, because of this dreadful service. staff don't even have a clue as to what is going on every time i call they ask so how can we help. CAN THEY NOT READ. All correspondence has been recorded or saved including Phone calls i will be taking legal action.
@Danjl @Max, Hi, Can you please get in touch with whomever it is you spoke with last time so they can contact me again. This is getting beyond ridiculous now as i have still not received my replacement tablet and all they keep saying is we don't have stock but should be with me soon ( over two weeks now). What kind of service is this?? how can you not have stock of the product. it is now almost two months since i sent the tablet in for repair and i might add a tablet that was less than a month old from brand new. This needs to be resolved now or i am taking further action, this has all been noted with Trading standards as well and i am certain you will be hearing from them soon.

Thanks
Y M
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Yahya32 , will do. Hopefully update shortly.
@Max @Danjl I have to be honest this is one of the most unbelievable companies i have ever dealt with. i have just contact the Huawei Repair Centre (SBE) and they have informed me NO contact has been made by Huawei to them for a replacement tablet to be sent?? is this a joke.

Can someone please get in touch with whomever is responsible for this as it is beyond acceptable now.

YM
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Yahya32,

Dan escalated this for you. And I've been informed that a replacement is on it's way or has been delivered. Did you receive the package in good order? 🙂
Hi,

i can confirm the new tablet has now been recieved, thank you very much for your assistance, @Max, @Danjl, @DRSC Media. And thanks to John.

Appreciate your help.

P.S they still used Royal Mail. 🤔

thanks
Y.M
Hi Yahya. SBE Ltd Kent by any chance?

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/sbe-ltd.co.uk?page=2

There are alot of people who dont get their devices back, they're scammers. They claim my device is "liquid damaged"...absolute nonsense. I will be requesting it back, but I know it too will "go missing", because they cant let me get it independantly assessed because it will prove them to be liars.

Huawei need to take action against these people, an absolute disgrace.
@CustomerUnhappy it was SBE not sure which branch but I don’t think it was there fault because the parcel with tracking showed it reached Royal Mail warehouses and then it disappeared. also the problem Is Huawei state on the parcel using their own sticker Advertising a Huawei device inside which is silly and on top of that the tracking used can only be compensated x 50 of the original delivery cost so now Huawei are only going to get back roughly £50 or so for a device advertised as £360. They need to change to DPD or UPS or DHL. Never ever lost a parcel with them.
@CustomerUnhappy it was SBE not sure which branch but I don’t think it was there fault because the parcel with tracking showed it reached Royal Mail warehouses and then it disappeared. also the problem Is Huawei state on the parcel using their own sticker Advertising a Huawei device inside which is silly and on top of that the tracking used can only be compensated x 50 of the original delivery cost so now Huawei are only going to get back roughly £50 or so for a device advertised as £360. They need to change to DPD or UPS or DHL. Never ever lost a parcel with them.

It looks that way to the untrained eye, perhaps. But so many people said they never received the package back from these scammers, so they are likely using labels that are loosely attached. The packaged gets returned to them...thus a free device, and Royal Mail have no parcel because no parcel HAS the correct label..