Say hi to our first Member Monday Tony!

Say hi to our first Member Monday Tony!
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
  • Community Manager
  • 918 replies
Hi everyone! It's time for the first Member Monday. We’re happy to have Tony as an active member in the Huawei community! I asked him some questions to get to know him a little better. Read below! 🙂

Can you tell us more about your username? How did you choose it?
I didn’t, my parents did 😉

Why did you join the community?
I first heard about this on the Huawei N:Gaged website where I was an active contributor. They were looking for dedicated Huawei fans to help build this new community and I jumped at the chance as I’m really passionate about the brand.

What do you contribute to the community?
A bit of everything hopefully. My role is a Huawei Wonder and community moderator so I’ll be monitoring the site and helping out when needed. I also really enjoy writing blogs so I’ll be contributing to those as much as possible myself while also encouraging others to share their own blogs.

What are your favourite Huawei products? And why?
It’s got to be the Huawei P20 Pro. I upgraded to one on launch day and it’s honestly the best phone I’ve ever had. As an amateur photographer it is a brilliant device to have with me all the time, I can’t carry my DSLR everywhere so it’s amazing that my phone can take photos which rival what I can capture using a dedicated camera.

Can you tell us more about what you do when you are not online on the community?
I’ve already mentioned photography but my other hobbies are hiking and wild-camping. Those three things go so well together, I recently took my P20 Pro on a 3 day trip to the Isle of Skye in Scotland and I was lucky enough to take some amazing photos there. I’m also a big Manchester United fan and love my football.

What are your top tips for community beginners?
Get involved. We are trying to build a big community here so please don’t be shy, tell us a little bit about yourself in the introduction thread to get started and then get to know the rest of us – we don’t bite! My hope for this place is that we create something where not only will people visit to learn more about Huawei or get support but that they come back regularly to use the off-topic forums to chat about anything and everything (within reason of course).

Do you have a favourite thread?
Currently, we don’t have a lot of threads so I’m going to be a little egotistical and say my Light Painting thread I enjoyed writing that blog and creating the demo video so I hope it inspires others to do the same.

Tell us a secret.
I once took my wife to a Hanson concert – and ended up enjoying it. Yes, the ones that sang Mmmbop.

Thanks Tony! Mmmmmbop stuck in my head!

Want to be featured in the next Member Monday? Send me a private message.📨

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
Hanson, fantastic @Tony
Now that's stuck in my head all day.

Love the user name comment, I would say my parents gave me mine, but hated my name and changed it by depole, I'll let ppl guess what it was. Lol

And I agree the light painting thread is great and will be a Challange to beat 🙂

Enjoy your day.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Chris wrote:

but hated my name and changed it by depole, I'll let ppl guess what it was. Lol

Chris, this can be your secret when we do your member Monday interview 😉
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Greetings Tony! What was your phone before the P20 ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
chillphone wrote:

Greetings Tony! What was your phone before the P20 ?

Sorry its taken 2 months to reply pal, guess I didn't get an alert for this message 😂

My previous phone was a Samsung Galaxy S8+ which I disliked greatly. Not because it was a terrible phone, but for me it had terrible battery life. I use my phones a lot in my job and with that phone I was finding myself having to charge it every day by about 3pm even tho it had been fully charged in the morning.

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings