Are Huawei good devices at a long term?

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to get an unbiased opinion about these phones since I've read a lot of mixed opinions about it, one of the things I've read is they have really good cameras but the phone itself starts to fail after a year or so and it becomes unstable and slow.
I was an Android used for a long time and one of the issues that make me leave was, indeed, that after a while the phone wasn't as fast as it used to be, among other details, but it was a few years ago already so I have no idea how it runs nowadays.
So basically what I want to know is: could you please, Huawei users, explain the PROs and CONs of this brand?

6 replies

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to get an unbiased opinion about these phones since I've read a lot of mixed opinions about it, one of the things I've read is they have really good cameras but the phone itself starts to fail after a year or so and it becomes unstable and slow.
I was an Android used for a long time and one of the issues that make me leave was, indeed, that after a while the phone wasn't as fast as it used to be, among other details, but it was a few years ago already so I have no idea how it runs nowadays.
So basically what I want to know is: could you please, Huawei users, explain the PROs and CONs of this brand?

Hi Tony. My name is April Fool. I'm Huawei user for about 1 month and 1 week old. I bought Huawei Mate 20 Pro. To be honest, i changed my phone from ixxxx to Huawei is because of the camera lens (Leica). I really thumbs up to the camera. I bought it for my NZ trip and it really works like magic. The photos are all so nicely shot. The colors are vibrant. But recently, i facing the software problem. Sigh... Maybe out of 100,000 pcs they sold out, i'm one of it which having problem.

My husband has been using Huawei P20 Pro for about a year and he is happy with his phone. He doesn't have any problem with the camera or software.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @tony77

I made the move from being a long-time iPhone user to Huawei around a year ago and haven't regretted it one bit. I initially owned the P20 Pro, which was fantastic, and now have the Mate 20 Pro and Mate 20 X, which are even better. I haven't noticed any slow-down or instability and in fact any initial issues have been addressed by updates. I imagine that most people aim to own a phone for a couple of years before upgrading and I have no doubts that these devices will easily stay the pace over this period.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi @tony77 ,

I hope some of the Community Helpers and Wonders can help give your their thoughts on this topic.
I have used android, apple and even Windows phones! My first Huawei was the P9 which was a beautifully designed handset and the UI was equally easy to work!
That was me hooked. After the P9 I had the Mate 10 Pro, then I had the P20 Pro and then the Mate 20 Pro!
The camera is the big selling point for me as I take a lot of pictures!

The handset works with all my banking apps, with all my Microsoft features, my Spotify everything I need!

I work in a phone store and personally recommend the Huawei based on my personal experience. Cost wise was also a plus, compared to the latest Fruity phone price and spec!

Good luck with your choices!
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi @tony77

I understand you want the cons aswell as the pros. The only cons I can think of which some people have an issue with is the timing of updates to their phones. That's just a personal thing though. However I use a Mate 10 which was launched in October 2017 and it has the March 1st security patch. That's great with me!

I have owned and purchased Huawei phones for years. I had the Mate 8, Mate 9 and currently Mate 10 (non pro). I don't think I would have continued to stick with the Huawei brand if I wasn't happy with the brand/phones.

As for slowing down, Huawei have introduced the motto "Born Fast Stay Fast". Your phone can still be running smoothly around 18 months later. I am approaching 18 months with my Mate 10 and can confirm this. The phone does its magic in the background to optimise your usage.

If you will be purchasing a relatively newly released Huawei phone, I don't think you have anything to worry about in terms of slowing down after a while.

Good luck with your decision!
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to get an unbiased opinion about these phones since I've read a lot of mixed opinions about it, one of the things I've read is they have really good cameras but the phone itself starts to fail after a year or so and it becomes unstable and slow. Nox VidMate MobdroI was an Android used for a long time and one of the issues that make me leave was, indeed, that after a while the phone wasn't as fast as it used to be, among other details, but it was a few years ago already so I have no idea how it runs nowadays.

my issue has been solved!!

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings