Are Huawei good devices at a long term?

• 10 April 2019
  • 6 replies

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to get an unbiased opinion about these phones since I've read a lot of mixed opinions about it, one of the things I've read is they have really good cameras but the phone itself starts to fail after a year or so and it becomes unstable and slow.
I was an Android used for a long time and one of the issues that make me leave was, indeed, that after a while the phone wasn't as fast as it used to be, among other details, but it was a few years ago already so I have no idea how it runs nowadays.
So basically what I want to know is: could you please, Huawei users, explain the PROs and CONs of this brand?

6 replies

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to get an unbiased opinion about these phones since I've read a lot of mixed opinions about it, one of the things I've read is they have really good cameras but the phone itself starts to fail after a year or so and it becomes unstable and slow.
I was an Android used for a long time and one of the issues that make me leave was, indeed, that after a while the phone wasn't as fast as it used to be, among other details, but it was a few years ago already so I have no idea how it runs nowadays.
So basically what I want to know is: could you please, Huawei users, explain the PROs and CONs of this brand?

Hi Tony. My name is April Fool. I'm Huawei user for about 1 month and 1 week old. I bought Huawei Mate 20 Pro. To be honest, i changed my phone from ixxxx to Huawei is because of the camera lens (Leica). I really thumbs up to the camera. I bought it for my NZ trip and it really works like magic. The photos are all so nicely shot. The colors are vibrant. But recently, i facing the software problem. Sigh... Maybe out of 100,000 pcs they sold out, i'm one of it which having problem.

My husband has been using Huawei P20 Pro for about a year and he is happy with his phone. He doesn't have any problem with the camera or software.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @tony77

I made the move from being a long-time iPhone user to Huawei around a year ago and haven't regretted it one bit. I initially owned the P20 Pro, which was fantastic, and now have the Mate 20 Pro and Mate 20 X, which are even better. I haven't noticed any slow-down or instability and in fact any initial issues have been addressed by updates. I imagine that most people aim to own a phone for a couple of years before upgrading and I have no doubts that these devices will easily stay the pace over this period.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @tony77 ,

I hope some of the Community Helpers and Wonders can help give your their thoughts on this topic.
I have used android, apple and even Windows phones! My first Huawei was the P9 which was a beautifully designed handset and the UI was equally easy to work!
That was me hooked. After the P9 I had the Mate 10 Pro, then I had the P20 Pro and then the Mate 20 Pro!
The camera is the big selling point for me as I take a lot of pictures!

The handset works with all my banking apps, with all my Microsoft features, my Spotify everything I need!

I work in a phone store and personally recommend the Huawei based on my personal experience. Cost wise was also a plus, compared to the latest Fruity phone price and spec!

Good luck with your choices!
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Hi @tony77

I understand you want the cons aswell as the pros. The only cons I can think of which some people have an issue with is the timing of updates to their phones. That's just a personal thing though. However I use a Mate 10 which was launched in October 2017 and it has the March 1st security patch. That's great with me!

I have owned and purchased Huawei phones for years. I had the Mate 8, Mate 9 and currently Mate 10 (non pro). I don't think I would have continued to stick with the Huawei brand if I wasn't happy with the brand/phones.

As for slowing down, Huawei have introduced the motto "Born Fast Stay Fast". Your phone can still be running smoothly around 18 months later. I am approaching 18 months with my Mate 10 and can confirm this. The phone does its magic in the background to optimise your usage.

If you will be purchasing a relatively newly released Huawei phone, I don't think you have anything to worry about in terms of slowing down after a while.

Good luck with your decision!
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to get an unbiased opinion about these phones since I've read a lot of mixed opinions about it, one of the things I've read is they have really good cameras but the phone itself starts to fail after a year or so and it becomes unstable and slow. Nox VidMate MobdroI was an Android used for a long time and one of the issues that make me leave was, indeed, that after a while the phone wasn't as fast as it used to be, among other details, but it was a few years ago already so I have no idea how it runs nowadays.

my issue has been solved!!