Bought a Watch GT

• 1 May 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Just bought a Huawei Watch GT yesterday. Quite pleased with my choice.
I have been using Amazefit BIP and want to swtich to sth bigger and better looking.
My criteria for choosing a new smart watch
  1. Good battery life
  2. Notifications of calls and messages
  3. A second hand on an analogue watch face or seconds on a digital watch face.
  4. Basic activity tracking
Watch GT ticks almost all the items:

1. Good battery life (2 weeks)
  2. Notifications work
  3. Activity tracking
  4. Watch faces quite pleasing to the eye and some with a second hand. Pity No digital watch indicating seconds
Still playing with it.
Hope to have an always on mode which dims but with visible watch face when not in use and brightens up when wrist is raised.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
Enjoy your Watch GT. I bought a watch 2 last week and believe me, it was a close call between the two. Ultimately I went for the Watch 2 as it allows me to interact with messages etc without having to touch my phone.
Userlevel 3
Interesting. How do you find the battery life of Watch 2?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Just bought a Huawei Watch GT yesterday. Quite pleased with my choice.
I have been using Amazefit BIP and want to swtich to sth bigger and better looking.
My criteria for choosing a new smart watch
  1. Good battery life
  2. Notifications of calls and messages
  3. A second hand on an analogue watch face or seconds on a digital watch face.
  4. Basic activity tracking
Watch GT ticks almost all the items:

1. Good battery life (2 weeks)
  2. Notifications work
  3. Activity tracking
  4. Watch faces quite pleasing to the eye and some with a second hand. Pity No digital watch indicating seconds
Still playing with it.
Hope to have an always on mode which dims but with visible watch face when not in use and brightens up when wrist is raised.

That's good to hear, @Helveticum. Enjoy your Watch GT! 😃
Userlevel 3
LiteOS seems to be all the more smart a move now that Google has announced a ban.
Good luck to Huawei.
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
I just went on a holiday for 4 nights.
I was the only person not to need to charge their watch. Its lasted 10 days after the holiday too.
I sometimes forget to put it on but when I look for it I don't need to normally charge it.

Smart watch is overrated. Interact with notifications.... 9 out of 10 you just want to dismiss... You can see and clear them on the watch gt. I use it for sleep and activity monitoring, a flashlight for walking in the dark (v bright screen) and to quickly see the time.

I got mine free with my phone so it doesn't really bother me that it doesn't do that much. Replying to texts.... Pshhh you just get your phone out to do that. Its not an inconvenience.