Favourite TV series

• 20 August 2018
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
I spend most nights these days watching stuff on Netflix so I was wondering what you all watch? Maybe I can pick up something new from this thread.

What are you watching at the moment and what's your favourite ever series?

So for me, tonight I started watching Cobra Kai. I'm a big fan of the original Karate Kid movies (even the remake with Jayden Smith) so I was quite excited when I heard they were bringing back some of the original cast to make this new series and it's actually really good. I started off putting on one episode just to see what it was like and I'm hooked already, just watched 2 more episodes and I don't want to stop 😁

As for my favourite ever series - it has to be LOST. I was a huge fan of that at the time, I even once appeared as a guest on the official podcast show because I'd sent in so many theories about what was going on (none of them were right πŸ˜‚)

9 replies

I couldn't stand Lost. So i'm not sure I can recommend anything to you but i totally loved the documentary serie on Vietnam. Long slow episodes, great images. Non-fiction, more my thing.
Badge +1
Massive fan of How to get away with murder. Really engaging and keeps you guessing from start to finish. The 4400 was also another great show but sadly they finished the 4th season on a cliff hanger and never renewed the show so if that sort of thing frustrates you id stay away from it.

I'm currently watching Travellers and Bates motel, both worth a go 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Ive watched the first 3 seasons of Bates Motel, I'll get round to finishing it at some point. I did start the 4400 actually, I think I watched most of the first season but when I heard it had been cancelled I just gave up on it. I hate it when they leave shows without a resolution.
Userlevel 1
So for me, tonight I started watching Cobra Kai. I'm a big fan of the original Karate Kid movies (even the remake with Jayden Smith) so I was quite excited when I heard they were bringing back some of the original cast to make this new series and it's actually really good. I started off putting on one episode just to see what it was like and I'm hooked already, just watched 2 more episodes and I don't want to stop 😁

Have you ever seen this take on The Karate Kid? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Gz_iTuRMM
It should tie in nicely with how great Cobra Kai is! 😆

My favourite series is Homicide: Life on the Street, made by the same crew that then did Oz and also The Wire. Great acting and a gritty documentary feel to them.

Recently, someone recommended Altered Carbon to me. It has the same concept as some books I read and enjoyed years ago, so I tried it out. Pretty good, but only one series so far.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Thanks for that YouTube link, I'll give that a watch later πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
The Bodyguard UK is a good 6 episode drama.

Walking Dead although it fizzles out last series.

Best of all time?

Piorot or Friends depending on mood 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
All time fave.. definitely Friends! A few of my favorites: Dark, Stranger Things, Sinner, BlackMirror, Westworld.

Started with Orphan Black yesterday, bingewatched 5 episodes last night.😁
Userlevel 4
Badge
You wanna get on 'Altered Carbon' it's brilliant. Only one series so far so it's easy to catch up with.
Stranger things too is great for all the eighties nostalgia.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Stranger Things is one of my favourite shows πŸ‘

Ive seen the first episode of Altered Carbon and quite liked it, it had a bit of a Blade Runner vibe about it. I'll eventually get round to watching the rest.