Huawei Community Suggestions - We need your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
  • Huaweian
  • 1428 replies
Hi everyone,

We need your help! We want this community to be a place where you can interact, share knowledge, help others and get inspired. We are growing and we want to build this community together with all users.

Do you miss anything?
We'd love to hear if there are ways for us to make it easier and more fun for all members to interact with us, our content and other users. Please use this thread to share your suggestions, feedback and question regarding the community.

Looking forward!

32 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
I just found one. Allow us to 'unmark as answer'.
I pressed the tick by accident.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Good one! What reply did you mark as an answer? I can change it for you 🙂
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Sub forum for wallpapers and/or screenshot whats on your phone thing?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
chillphone wrote:

Sub forum for wallpapers and/or screenshot whats on your phone thing?

Hey Chillphone,

Great idea! If you want, you could start a topic about sharing wallpapers and screenshots in the Tea time subforum. A 'share your background' maybe?
Userlevel 3
Amy wrote:

Hey Walkerx,

Sorry, I don't have any info about this, can't confirm it.

@Amy sadly you never have any constructive info about any of the most important matters...it's not an insult but you should take a look at 1+ community which is run very well and you are actually able to get a reply to any questions you might have. Huawei community feels more like a marketing chat while 1+ is a constructive forum with a lot of knowledge.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Jacob,

I moved your post to our feedback topic. I am familiar with the 1+ community and they are indeed doing a good job! The big difference is that they are much bigger and more mature and we are still at the beginning of building this community. We are now on our 4th month and need to grow. We are optimizing not only the community platform but also our service experience and content. We'd like to hear what our current members want to see and want to talk about on the community (hence this feedback and suggestions topic). So if there are too much marketing posts: please share your thoughts here and start a discussion about it with your fellow community members.

Thank you for your feedback!
Userlevel 3
Amy wrote:

Hi Jacob,

I moved your post to our feedback topic. I am familiar with the 1+ community and they are indeed doing a good job! The big difference is that they are much bigger and more mature and we are still at the beginning of building this community. We are now on our 4th month and need to grow. We are optimizing not only the community platform but also our service experience and content. We'd like to hear what our current members want to see and want to talk about on the community (hence this feedback and suggestions topic). So if there are too much marketing posts: please share your thoughts here and start a discussion about it with your fellow community members.

Thank you for your feedback!

Exactly they are more mature, they are taking their customers and producst seriously, their devices are kept up to date and issues are resolved very neatly. Hence most people are moving away from Huawei! Like guys you've smashed it with for example Nexus P! Now what's this rubbish outdated software you are messing around with? Just spit the silly updatete for the love of God! Dou you want me to show you one that's working? I've got one on my brother's P20 pro..perfect I can't do it on mine as you nasty people have locked my bootloader...jokes!
Thats it for my feedback.
One love
Userlevel 4
1 - Make the consumer aware of the community when they unbox their device. Whether that's a leaflet within the box, something that catches the eye. Make it a feature on the website for a period.

2 - Dedicated community app. It's easier to interact via an application rather than going though the web browser.

3 - More interaction from Huawei. I have seen some questions here whereby individuals are seeking answers only Huawei will have the answer to. Consumers usually search for the community when they find themselves stuck.
Userlevel 4
it would be good to have sub forums for the different devices themselves, so users can just go straight to the forum area (just like xda and many other forums)

ie Mate Series
10 Pro
20 Pro
P20 Series
P20 Lite
P20 Pro
etc, etc

Also I know you have the FAQ section (which doesn't contain much) but how about getting more content on there from Huawei regarding tips & tricks, information, how tos, etc for customers to go straight to
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @BrotherBear & @walkerx,

Thanks for the feedback and for sharing your ideas!

• I really like the idea of making consumers aware of the community when they unbox their device!
  • Regarding the app... we won't get an app anytime soon but it's possible to pin the website to your homescreen. You can find a how to here.
  • About more interaction from Huawei: you might have noticed it...we changed some procedures and the support team will be more of assistance.
  • We decided to start with only a few subforums. We are now almost 4 months old and we see high activity on all these different devices. This is definitely something we will consider. We just started the 'try out' with the Mate 20 series-section and I think it's going well.
  • We will work on this! Let me know if you are thinking of any specific tips & tricks, information or how to's.
We will discuss these with the team and i'll keep you updated in this thread. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
walkerx wrote:

it would be good to have sub forums for the different devices themselves, so users can just go straight to the forum area (just like xda and many other forums)

ie Mate Series
10 Pro
20 Pro
P20 Series
P20 Lite
P20 Pro
etc, etc

Also I know you have the FAQ section (which doesn't contain much) but how about getting more content on there from Huawei regarding tips & tricks, information, how tos, etc for customers to go straight to

What if start a pilot with the following?

Category - Smartphones:
-Mate series
-P Series
-Other
-Software
Category - Other products:
-Wearables
-Laptops & Tablets
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
And we changed the homepage a bit. We now have 6 featured items instead of 3.

Like or dislike? - anything missing?

Userlevel 6
Badge +7
When editing a post that mentions a user have the notification turned off.

Example, a post created mention user Abba.

Abba gets an email notification.

Author edits the post.

Abba gets another email notification

Can we make it to just initial notification? (Possibly hardcoded in forum software amd not possible is my guess though )

Possibly have post title search existing posts to stare that this post maybe same as X would you like to comment in that post rather than create a fresh thread.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hey @chillphone,

Thanks! Really good and useful suggestions! I will follow up and see if we can change these things. I'll let you know as soon as I know more.
Userlevel 3
Badge
walkerx wrote:

ie Mate Series
10 Pro
20 Pro
P20 Series
P20 Lite
P20 Pro
etc, etc

As well as having sub forums for the products, how about sub forums within each of these for specific topics like faqs, questions, etc. as this would make it easier to navigate to the specific area that your after

Smeeghead
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Another little suggestion. When your browsing the forums and clicking "show more activity" perhaps several times, if you view any question and then return to the forum it automatically returns to the very start if all the topics and you need to go through the procedure again, remembering where you were would be much better.

Regsrds Jase.
Userlevel 2
I'd love to be able to see if a member is still online maybe with a green dot next to name or a grey for offline.
I also feel like a option to unmark a solved issue would be useful. I have marked a post as accidentally solved when it hasn't been.
Userlevel 4
Badge
@Owen-Rhys Thanks. I do agree with you. It happens so often to click on it by mistake. Is there a particular reason why would you like to see if a member is still online?
Userlevel 2
@Kat it is useful when you are talking to someone about their issue. Also if someone is online and is replying and they suddenly go offline, it saves waiting for a response and constantly pressing Refresh. It's just a thought I know MANY other forums have this in place
Hi Amy

I would like that the camera app was added the 16:9 setting as a choice for those of us that want to see full screen pictures on a TV etc. I don't see why you don't have that setting. Samsung s9, s9+ and others have that!

Will this setting be added in the future?

Kind regards
Jon
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Jon,

Please keep this thread for community related feedback. I will nudge our support team to reply on this topic about the 16:9 setting as soon as possible. 🙂
Userlevel 4
Hey,

A few thoughts:

Remove the featured items at the top, get the forum lists as high up as you can, to save scrolling and get people to the threads faster
Introduce a new subform 'Off topic' or similar, for discussions completely unrelated to Huawei products - great for bringing the community together.
Sub forums for each series of handset
More competitions
Promotion of the forum through all relevant Huawei channels
Specific sections dedicated for tech support, with sticky FAQs for the most common issues. This will help keep drive discussion

🙂
Userlevel 2
I agree with other posters here, a more detailed list of subforums would be very useful, not just for us but also for you guys.
  • List of devices (this is a must, just to filter thing out)
  • Support (by hardware/software)
  • Tips and tricks
  • Photography (sharing)
  • Photography (help)
  • Apps and game
  • Anything Android
Also, a dedicated app would be really good!
🖖🏻
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Thanks for the input!

At the moment we are working on a list of new categories. So stay tuned for this! We will start (probably still this week) with a separate photography subforum with 1) help and 2) sharing (thanks @Yellowmatic!).

@Macca about off-topic, we have the tea time subforum for this. Should we change the name of the subforum to off-topic or something like that to make it more clear?

And we will start with more regular competitions starting next month! 😃
Userlevel 4
@Amy - Yes, I'd have something that was dedicated to topics not remotely related to Huawei. Perhaps more lifestyle stuff etc.

Then one that's off topic, but still device related, events that kind of thing.

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings