Sticky News

Huawei Mate 30 Series Global Launch

• 19 September 2019
  • 10 replies
Huawei Mate 30 Series Global Launch
Userlevel 4
Badge

Rethink possibilities.

Rewatch the livestream of the Huawei Mate30 Series Global Launch from Munich, German. Fast forward and watch the launch of the Huawei Mate30 Series. 

Explore the Huawei Mate30 Series.

[updated] 

Here are the articles about the new products launched at the event. 

10 replies

Userlevel 2
Nothing direct about Google apps, but it is running on Android 10 and I guess there is the option for it to go through Google certification after launch?

Nice looking camera features, I really hope some of them are part of the P30 and P30 Pro software enhancements they spoke about recently. Time lapse should definitely be available at 1080p at least (I have an app that will do it at 4k so the phone is capable). Interesting that it only goes to 45x zoom though?

A high price for the Mate 30 Pro, over 1000 euros! But I guess that pricing confirms it WILL be coming to some European markets

Nothing yet of the Fit Pro 4

UPDATE: It's all over, no mention of a new Fitness tracker, but the new watch looks good, coming in Oct/Nov
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@AndroidP30Pro glad you liked the camera features. Definitely looked impressive.
Userlevel 3
More questions that answers for me. Would be nice for them to announce UK release and pricing.
Userlevel 2
Amazing products as usual! Blown away by The Huawei Vision!
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@anobeithiol - There will be more information coming shortly, which we'll share on the community.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Time to upgrade my p30pro I think
Userlevel 2
A quick look at the tech sites this morning confirms my fears; "a great phone no one will buy", etc. So good to see tech journalists having an open minded approach to a flagship phone that doesn't have Apple or Google's involvement. To some this will be very attractive and I hope full reviews will focus on the positives of an Android phone free from Google's apps, rather than take the line "how can anyone possibly get through the day without YouTube or Maps". It should also be possible to access of this stuff through a browser anyway!

It's ridiculous. And of course, when all this nonsense from Trump blows over, who's to say there won't be an opportunity for Huawei to release an (optional) update that will add Google to the mix.

The Mate 30/Pro look like great phones with a number of features I really hope will make their way to my P30 Pro
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
More questions that answers for me. Would be nice for them to announce UK release and pricing.

@anobeithiol The innovations in the Mate 30 Series will be available to consumers in WEU later this year.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Release date???
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Crawshaw09 - it's only confirmed as 'later this year' at the moment, sorry 😐.