Huawei presentations - reveals

• 1 March 2019
  • 5 replies

• Opening Fortune Cookie
  • 2 replies
I hope most of us will agree that last two years, Huawei made it to be quite respectful company with much influence among electronic producers and other achievements in the industry. Yet, I still cannot understand why doesn't Huawei make a decent presentation of their top products. There are a lot of thing that ought to be ether changed or drastically improved. For God's sake, you are presenting your best achievements and trying to sell your technology, earn trust and of course, make money and expand. With all due respect, but please take into consideration following:
  1. Presenter MUST speak perfect English because you are revealing your pride in industry, trying to take on competition and be competitive with prices. Most of your audience speaks English!
  2. Presenter must enunciate properly.
  3. Presenter must not be nervous, making breaks between words, making weird semi-coughing sounds to hundreds of thousands of people watching the show live and online, directly to microphone.
  4. Presenter must have rehearsed his/her role to perfection
  5. Presenter must know technical specs of the device/devices being presented
  6. As a rule, second presenter MUST also speak English and all aforementioned rules apply to him as well
  7. Presenter must keep the device in same place for at least 15 seconds so cameras can adjust and focus if device is not already connected to the big screen
  8. Presenter must be in control of remote slides shown behind
  9. Slowly lead the audience to the climax, not shoot it out right away
  10. Lights were weird
  11. Music was weird
  12. PR is important, advertising is important, your customers are important.
Please comment on this, I hope we can all contribute to Huawei P30 unveil and hopefully for the future as well.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Hi @gagi79

You set a high bar. I'm English and not sure if I would pass 🤤

Can you post a link to the video so I can see it?

Cheers

Steve
Hi @gagi79

You set a high bar. I'm English and not sure if I would pass 🤤

Can you post a link to the video so I can see it?

Cheers

Steve

No problem, this is just a piece of whole presentation, you be the judge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9Hrr7dnhEg
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Well I east my words. I struggled to understand what he was saying and it all looked completely un-choreographed.

I think they must have pulled some poor techie off the bench and pushed the guy out on the stage.

Presentation is a skill which I don't think he had and you're right he swipes the phone up and down so you can't get a good view.

Woo 2 grand for a phone. It's above my price point by a long way, but I'd love to have a play with one for a while!

I think Huawei should send me one to play with and then keep.😀 Please.

Cheers

Steve
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hey @gagi79,

Thanks for the feedback and the tips! We will share this with our PR team. Hope you enjoyed watching it regardless. ;)

If you want to share your thoughts on the Mate X, check out this thread.
Hey @gagi79,

Thanks for the feedback and the tips! We will share this with our PR team. Hope you enjoyed watching it regardless. ;)

If you want to share your thoughts on the Mate X, check out this thread.

I really didn't mean to be overly criticizing, but presentation is all about experience and comprehension, basically a choreography and timely synchronization of lights (dimmed, soothing, bright, strobing...), smooth speech (enunciation, diction, coherency, vocabulary...), subtle background music (huawei theme, new ringtone, smooth jazz, classical...), room temperature (21-23 C and no fans blowing or equipment making noise) and surrounding ambiance (screens, decorations, curtains..), your target audience (age, social status, education...) and in the end after all suspension, the device itself. When you present the device, it's video needs to be as clear as possible, while presenter makes smooth moves, slowly opening and closing the device, zoomed in just enough to show how gorgeous the display is, reflections from it's frame and how smooth and seamlessly can be used.

It's about presenter being or at least that he/she looks like they are competent, pleasant tone of voice slowly and understandably speaking, smile showing how exciting his/her role is, confident in the product itself, well dressed.

All of these things must be well harmonized, tailoring all of aforementioned elements to stun and wow the audience and especially online ones. It's about reputation, professionalism and technological achievements of the company itself.

In the end, you are trying to persuade your audience not to only buy your product, but recommend it to other people to buy as well. You are selling not only the device, but the whole ecosystem, your idea of future...