Sticky News

Huawei Rethinks the Smartphone with its Ground-Breaking HUAWEI Mate 30 Series

• 19 September 2019
  • 13 replies
Huawei Rethinks the Smartphone with its Ground-Breaking HUAWEI Mate 30 Series
Userlevel 4
Badge

Iconic Handset Features the Flagship Kirin 990 5G SoC, Amazing Quad Camera System with Breakthrough SuperSensing Cine Camera & Futuristic Halo Ring Design.

London  - September 19, 2019 – Huawei today unveiled its ground-breaking HUAWEI Mate 30 Series at an exclusive launch event in Munich. Setting new standards in every area from aesthetic design through to hardware engineering and software innovation, the HUAWEI Mate 30 Series is the world’s first second generation 5G smartphone and the pinnacle of mobile technological development.

Benefiting from Huawei’s 32-years of expertise in communication technologies and a decade in design innovation, the HUAWEI Mate 30 looks and performs like no other smartphone. Inspired by the design principle of minimalism, the HUAWEI Mate 30 Series showcases the perfect example of how aesthetic design fuses with technology. Its unique, iconic OLED HUAWEI Horizon Display offers an immersive viewing experience, while the Kirin 990 5G SoC – the first to integrate processing units and a 5G modem on the same chip using the 7nm+ EUV process– affords unrivalled levels of performance and efficiency.

A revolutionary integrated quad-camera includes the SuperSensing Cine Camera, a dual main camera system designed for amazing photographic and video graphic results, while the HUAWEI SuperCharge and EMUI10 offer long-lasting battery life for heavy mobile users and an enhanced user experience.

Richard Yu, CEO of Huawei Consumer Business Group, said:

“The HUAWEI Mate 30 Series unleashes the full potential of the smartphone. Designed to stand out, it challenges convention while delivering an unrivalled user experience. The era of 5G is an opportunity to rethink smartphone technology and the HUAWEI Mate 30 series is the ultimate expression of what’s possible.”

FInd out more about the Huawei Mate 30 Series

13 replies

Userlevel 3
Does this mean we have a confirmed UK release?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@anobeithiol The innovations in the Mate 30 Series will be available to consumers in WEU later this year. You can find out more information here:

Find out more about the Huawei Mate 30 Series
Userlevel 3
@Danjl I have seen all the information and features etc. . but cannot find any info on UK release? All press releases in UK seem to hint it will not be available.

I contacted my network today and was told they would not be releasing the Mate 30 series as Huawei are not releasing in the UK? This was Vodafone
I'm coming to the end of my contract for the mate 10 Pro and was hoping to be able to upgrade to the mate 30 Pro. Will this be possible or do I need to look at either the 30 or a phone from someone else?

I really like Huawei and my Mate 10 Pro so would hate to leave the company
Userlevel 5
Badge
Any confirmation about a UK release?
Userlevel 3
I've not seen anything yet about UK release date... Hopefully we will find out soon...
Userlevel 5
Badge
I can't even find a release date at all for anywhere
Userlevel 5
Badge
It may not come due to no Google apps or Play Store on the device.

Users who have invested in the Google eco-system probably won't change to another system that won't give them access to their purchases, etc.

I know I wouldn't buy it due to this and way they've treated UK consumers as it is by not providing timely updates.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi everyone, the official position at the moment is: "the Mate 30 Series will be available to consumers in WEU later this year." Obviously we'll look to update the community when we know more.
Userlevel 5
Badge
@Danjl u do know that WEU is defunct and has been since 2011

And is it true that the device will have NO Google products installed including the playstore.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@walkerx to clarify my response, the Mate 30 Series will be available to buy in all 11 WEU (10 Europe + Australia) markets later this year. The new Mate 30 series will run on EMUI10, based open source Android. We won’t preload Google Mobile Services due to the restrictions in place from the US. Consumers are free to download the apps they want from the Huawei App Gallery or elsewhere on the web. Hope this helps.
Userlevel 5
Badge
@Danjl WEU is defunct and ceased to exist from 2011, so reference to WEU should not really be used.

So in reality unless we modify the phone in one way or another we can't officially use our Google products and services, seeing future Huawei devices are blocked from using them.
But we can't modify them properly as you removed the ability last year for users to do this.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@walkerx - all I can say is in regard to side loading apps, the Huawei Mate 30 series will have the full range of Huawei Mobile Services included, such as the Huawei App Gallery, Huawei Browser and the new Huawei Assistant. Consumers are free to download apps from elsewhere on the web, and be confident that all app downloads will be scanned by our built in virus scanning software, Avast.

Also, when referring to 'WEU' I am quoting the communications Huawei provided to supported the announcement, fairly new so not sure if/when that changed.