UK Service Centre - Shocking!

• 21 August 2019
  • 3 replies

I'm sitting here absolutely fuming!!

I was overseas and wanted to put a local sim card in my P30 Pro - lo and behold, the sim tray wouldn't budge. I had the original sim removal tool that came with the phone and tried various other things as well - no go.

I more or less forgot about it, but two weeks after I got home I called the helpdesk as the phone had been knocked out my hand the day before and the glass back was now cracked - the guy said the service centre would send out an envelope for me to post it in - ten days later and it hadn't arrived - called again and they sent it again - three days later it arrived, so I posted it off Royal Mail Tracked - (I wonder who's paying the full cost if it goes missing or gets smashed to smithereens?).

This being the year 2019 and Huawei being a technology company, I duly waited on an email or text message to tell me it had arrived safely - nothing. Nine days after posting it i get a LETTER in the post, from SBE, who are obviously agents for Huawei repairs in the UK, stating that it was physical damage and it would cost £87.48 to repair - no real help iwth the sim card thing, of course - the letter stated 'Sim Card - Screening.' Eh? They'd also managed to get both my name and my street name wrong (you see, this is where using technology to get people to fill these things in themself is useful).

OK, I can live with paying that for a new back on the phone - how do I pay this? Go online and enter my details and pay by card or PayPal so it automatically updates at their end and the repair is carried out and my £900 is phone sent back to me pronto? Oh no, we're back to 1999. Please send a bankers draft or postal order by mail, or call a number where you can pay by card over the phone. Really? OK, I'll call......

I called...... in a queue..... 10p a minute plus network charges (are you kidding me?). 29 minutes later I'm number two in the queue. Disconnected. Raging mad, but calls back again...... 31 minutes later I'm number three in the queue. Disconnected. I gave myself 30 mins to calm down then called again..... no prizes for guessing what happened next! (at least it was only 27 minutes this time). I'm now in debt to the tune of £8.70 plus network charges plus I've lost 90 mins of my life.....

Eventually used WeQ4U on the mobile to queue for me and call me back when an operator decided to answer....... keeping my phone screen alive with the app waiting, I got a call back 78 minutes later (and paid my money).

The £1500 Mateook X Pro I was about to pull the trigger on has now been canned in favour of a Dell XPS 14..... I've never had anything other than sterling after sales service from Dell - Hang your head in shame for letting these incompetent muppets represent you in the UK, Huawei......

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@DekHog thanks for taking the time to share your experience. I'll pass this on so the right folks get the feedback.
Userlevel 1
@DekHog Dont worry man they passed it to the right folks all your problems will be solved now...

i think by now they got allot of feedback and they probably fixed all their problems now right? Right??
@DekHog Dont worry man they passed it to the right folks all your problems will be solved now...

i think by now they got allot of feedback and they probably fixed all their problems now right? Right??

I'm not breaking my phone again to find out!..... 😛