What are your New Year's Resolutions? - Share and Win a Band 3 Pro!

What are your New Year's Resolutions? - Share and Win a Band 3 Pro!
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
  • Community Manager
  • 918 replies
New year, new me?! What are your new year's resolutions? Join the gym? Eat less? Sleep better? Save money? Visit your family more often? Run a marathon? Share your new year's resolutions and tips on how to actually make them stick and win a Band 3 Pro!

Huawei Wonder Golden started training for the London Marathon. You can read part 1 of his journey here. Don't forget to cheer him on! 🙆🏻

Want to win a Band 3 Pro?
This challenge is really simple. Share your new year's resolutions below and let us know how you are going to make those resolutions stick. We will draw 2 winners. First winner gets a Band 3 Pro and the second will receive a Band 3e.

Don't forget to read our T&C's and no, it's not me on the banner 😉.

58 replies

Mine is to get myself and my daughter more active and hopefully lose some of our winter insulation! We have started doing this by walking around our village, she hates it. But soon she'll be doing it with a push scooter (she thinks this will be easier!! Hee hee kids!?!?!)
Userlevel 4
Badge
My new year's resolution is to run my first 10k race. I've never been a strong runner, so it's an area I really want to improve in. I will make myself stick to this resolution by running for charity. If people sponsor me, I have no choice but to stick to the plan and take part in the race!
Userlevel 4
For me, I'm looking to lose some weight as my day job just doesn't help when sat a desk all day and previously just stuck in a rut not being as active as I used to me due to getting older.

I'm not an athletic person and don't enjoy gyms and got a dog to help me get in shape again in 2017, but last year was a bit up and down with the hot spell affecting where and when we could walk and then same in winter as dark when get home from work.

So this year I'm hoping to walk lands end to John ogroats (not literally) in miles over the year and hopefully a bit further. I think last year due to the hot spell we just didn't reach the target 😞 so this year I'm going for it.
Userlevel 4
Hi, this would really help me in my daily excercise routine, I was 15 and a half stone and suffer from body dismorpheir disorder and anxiety, I now have a balanced diet, a lovely lady councillor and am now 12 half stone, I walk 5 miles most days, boxing skipping 500 in 5 minutes and swim a mile 3 times a week, I guess my new year resolution is not to let myself slip back into depression and old habits but to keep moving forward, enjoy my life and realise what's important and what's not, I want to keep living a healthy lifestyle now I've come this far.
Userlevel 1
Lost my job in December just before Christmas due to mental health issues.

I currently lack motivation to do anything and that's the issue.

I've got my huawei and watchGT due any time soon. Hoping to garner motivation to eat better and do things each day.
Userlevel 1
My New Year's Resolution is to walk as much as possible. I am going to count my steps as a motivation for walking and reward myself with imaginary points towards a dream holiday to Botswana. A Band 3 Pro would certainly help me achieve my goal.
I’d love to shoot more personal photography projects this year but I currently don’t have time as I’m trying to get in better shape and become fitter. Hopefully once my routine is more settled I’ll get something organised, at least I’ll be fit enough for any long days I the studio or on location ☺
Userlevel 2
I have 2. One is to continue with the 5:2 plan and continue losing weight, hopefully get to target this year if I can.
Two is to repaint my spare room and repaint my kitchen. I have RA so it's no mean feat ( I used to whip round and do it a day or two), can't do that now so it takes longer but I will get it done.
Userlevel 1
So, the first part of my 'resolution' is to shift the majority of my focus from work to my family. I've spent the last few years working hard to progress through the company I work for and it has paid off, but recently I've noticed that my children are growing up fast, and if I'm not careful they'll soon be all be grown up and won't need (or want) me around. I've also realised that I need and want to spend more time with my wife, as she is the the reason that I've been able to become the person I am, and without her I'd be lost, basically.

Secondly, I ain't getting any younger, so I've decided to try and get myself in better shape by eating healthier, and getting more exercise. To help me achieve this, I've bought a mountain bike for the daily commute and some weekend adventures, and I'm saying bye to fast food and take aways. So there you have it, my resolutions for 2019, and beyond!
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
My new year resolution this year is more of a challenge for myself, you see I've always wanted to be able to juggle with four balls, but why four you may ask? Well fours one more than three lol and most folk can do three with a little practice and I've always been the type of person who likes to challenge myself, but now that I'm posting this publicly I guess I'll really need to do it 🙈.
I hope everyone else achieves their goals and if I do achieve mine I'll be sure to post a little video (I wouldn't be expecting that any time soon though😂😂)

Regards Jase.
Userlevel 1
Get up. Get out. Do stuff.
Simplicity is better sometimes.
Userlevel 3
My new year resolution is to do more drawing and maybe start selling some of my artwork, what do you think, not finished yet but...

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
rockinross wrote:

My new year resolution is to do more drawing and maybe start selling some of my artwork, what do you think, not finished yet but...

This is excellent bud 👍👍
Userlevel 3
Jase wrote:

rockinross wrote:

This is excellent bud 👍👍

Thanks, it's taking forever, lost a little motivation before year was out but firing on all cylinders again now, I want it done. Good luck with the juggling, my daughter has some juggling balls I can barely manage 2 haha
Hello to all, and I hope your new year has started well, good luck keeping to it to.

My new year resolution is to get out more in the evenings after work, For to long I have spent my time in discussions over Hollyoaks/Emmerdale and coronation Street, to to point of arguing and being upset, life is to short as it is, so from the 1st of January I have made a point/task to go out 3/4 times a week, Cinema/Gym/Cycling or just for a walk and be thankful for the life my parents (god bless them) gave me, and how lucky to live in today's society. And no recording or catch up and I am feeling so clear headed.
I hope the rest of the year goes as well for you all as it has started out for me.
Userlevel 3
Happy New Year to you all...

I've only just joined the Huawei community as I have received a new Mate 20 Pro and I'm hoping that it can help me achieve my new year's resolutions....

I've already dropped a fair amount of weight from my heaviest some years ago but the Christmas period has added some back unfortunately, but I really want to smash through the 100kg barrier this year.
It's for me but also my family, as I'm only to aware that being overweight can really contribute to a shortened lifespan, and I want to be around for them as long as I can!!

Good luck to you all in achieving your own goals, I know it can be a struggle, but persevere and you will get there
😎
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
https://youtu.be/JYQSeblRyEY a little juggling update video, excuse the PJ's lol 🙈.
This is going to take a while me thinks🤔
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Jase wrote:

https://youtu.be/JYQSeblRyEY a little juggling update video, excuse the PJ's lol 🙈.
This is going to take a while me thinks🤔

This is amazing!! 😂
Userlevel 4
Badge
I have a few things:
  1. Place well in a bouldering / rock climbing competition.
  2. Complete my first multi-pitch climb.
  3. Get a new job.
Relatively attainable I think. At least I didn't decide on impossible tasks like, 'Start going to bed earlier' or 'eat healthily' 😂
My New years resolution is to find a new job !
After losing 3st my New year's resolution is to tone up by walking between 15-20.000 steps a day. I'm also following the 30 day squat challenge..the Band 3 Pro would be a great help in achieving this!😉
Having just been diagnosed with diabetes my New Years Resolution is to cut out all added sugar and cut down on carbs. Feeling very overwhelmed but determined I will not let diabetes ruin me!
My new years resolution is to start looking after myself and take time for me. Sounds selfish but I make myself ill helping everyone else and this year I'm determined to take some me time and chill.
Userlevel 1
my new years resolution is to get out on my bike and do some exercise, I need to get my bike fixed first after my last 18 mile ride in just under 3hrs
My new years resolution is one for medical reasons.
Ive recently been diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea.
So this year I will be loosing weight. Excercise more. And eat healthier.
The band 3 will help me with my goals
I will continue with my old resolutions of spending more time with my family and just generally trying to be the best husband and father I can be.

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings