Why is Huawei a better phone for you?

• 19 August 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
I thought I'd ask this question as it's one I get asked a lot when I talk about or show the the P10 and P10MatePro to people.

So for me, the best features are:-

1 - Drag the notification from the top and and press the trash bin to clean up
2 - Press the square at the bottom and press the trash bin to clear
3 - Before I go to bed each each, press settings and the clean up to perform a clean up am fits amazing to see how much cache you've generated each day. For me, at the end of each day, my clean up is around 1.1 to 2.3 Gb of data which then obviously places the phone in prime operating capacity for the next day
4 - The double knuckle tap and the screen to take a screenshot
5 - The single knuckle tap and hold the knuckle down and draw the letter " S " to be able to take a scrolling screenshot of the whole conversation thread from any social platform
6 - The battery life as I spend virtually all day on may phone and run most of my life/work via the phone, I can get around 10-12 hours out of it before needing to boost the charge, a major win as my Microsoft was around 6-7 hours and my iPhone around 2-3 hours

Those for me are my top features I love my Huawei phones, so what are your favourite features?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Personally for me I push the capabilities of the camera.

The majority of my customers are walking in wanting a Samsung, most of them haven't even heard of Huawei - so what I do is ask them why they want a Samsung device and more often than not they say they like taking photos on their phone. At this point I whip out my P20 Pro and show them my gallery of photos I've taken on my various trips, the slow motion videos I've taken of my daughter and some timelapse videos and they're usually sold.
Userlevel 4
Simply for me it is the long lasting battery and the amazing camera. Im big into my smartphone photography and the battery really assists me, I literally only have to carry my phone and no power banks!

Jamie
Userlevel 5
Badge
Simply for me it is the long lasting battery and the amazing camera. Im big into my smartphone photography and the battery really assists me, I literally only have to carry my phone and no power banks!

Have to totally agree with you @Jmé and if we both think the current phones P10 and P20 phones are amazing - the new Phone will take photography to another level.

By the way, have you seen the Honor10 and it's photography features?
Userlevel 3
I don't have a p20 but I can tell you my experience when people asking me about why huawei (usually with mate 10 pro). Just convinced someone from China to buy a p20 just via my passion alone.

Here's what I say

1. do you want a solid device that will last?
  2. do you want a great camera that will make taking great shots a cinch?
  3. want your phone to work for you and not get frustrated by it?
  4. if you want all of this, and you want to know that the device is trustworthy, go with huawei.
  5. the speed, the brain, and the quality of the device are far superior to any of the others that I've used.
  6. the reason people haven't bought huawei is because they haven't heard about it but in terms of sales and success, huawei is clearly showing they can outsmart apple and samsung.
Userlevel 5
Badge
I don't have a p20 but I can tell you my experience when people asking me about why huawei (usually with mate 10 pro). Just convinced someone from China to buy a p20 just via my passion alone.

Here's what I say

1. do you want a solid device that will last?
  2. do you want a great camera that will make taking great shots a cinch?
  3. want your phone to work for you and not get frustrated by it?
  4. if you want all of this, and you want to know that the device is trustworthy, go with huawei.
  5. the speed, the brain, and the quality of the device are far superior to any of the others that I've used.
  6. the reason people haven't bought huawei is because they haven't heard about it but in terms of sales and success, huawei is clearly showing they can outsmart apple and samsung.

Great points there @MordecaiHoltz and I'm in agreement with you - wonder what @Macca thinks?
Userlevel 4
Badge
I am all about functionality and what works for me, never been a fan boy when it comes to brand or a platform. I have used all platforms and been back and forth between Android and IOS over the last two years. I still choose to use my personal Blackberry Classic with work sim as it just kills emails.

I first encountered Huawei late last year when I stumbled across the mighty P9 Plus. First time I even tried out Huawei and never looked back since. No one in my circle of close friends even knew about the brand. The stereo speakers alone turned my head, I had seen the light.

P Smart showed me Huawei can deliver a feature packed phone at a great price and the build quality was awesome. Miss that little guy. I have even converted a few at work to Huawei, they knew nothing about the brand and have not regretted their decision.

Had fun with the Honor 9 Lite (the Sapphire Blue colour had people asking about the handset) for a bit until pre-ordes opened for the Mate 20 Pro. The battery capacity was a major factor in selecting the Mate 20 Pro, everything else was a bonus but as a power user I want a battery that will get me through the day and then some. I don't live on instagram but this is the handset that will make me use the camera more. And the in-screen finger print scanner, just blew my nerdy little mind when I first saw it.

It was the simple thing of stereo speakers on the P9 Plus that made me question what other brands were doing. I won't list the many featurws I have found useful on Huawei handsets since. I just applaud Huawei for pushing the envelope and being innovative. And keep up the colour schemes going forward, the Twilight on Mate 20 Pro is just the best.