Answered

Won a prize, havent recieved it.

Userlevel 2
On the 22nd may I received a Facebook message from Huawei official page informing me I'd won the weekly prize of a P30 Pro, they'd asked me for my details and if it was ok to share my name in their Facebook post. I agreed to this but they'd already posted it before I replied. They never read my message for 14 days, no further inormation regarding dispatch or delivery has been sent to me. They won't respond to Facebook or Twitter messages. It's been 3 weeks now and I haven't heard a thing.
Has anyone won one of these prizes or had a similar experience with "official Huawei" social media?
icon

Best answer by Danjl 17 June 2019, 13:51

@AgentOfChaos , just had an update. The team (if they haven't already, will contact you), and get the prize sent out asap. We're also looking at how we can provide community members with some reassurance about any legit deals via the community. Hope that helps.
View original

18 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Do you have a link to the facebook page? Could be a scam
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Never heard of this, Huawei usually is very careful with contests and such. In which country are you based in? (the official huawei page changes depending on your country)

Userlevel 2
Do you have a link to the facebook page? Could be a scam

https://www.facebook.com/HuaweiMobileServices/
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Huawei advertising Booking.com and hotel apps? doesn't look pucker to me.
Userlevel 2
Huawei advertising Booking.com and hotel apps? doesn't look pucker to me.
Yes

it does look suspect. But

they have the blue "verified by Facebook" tick near the name.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@AgentOfChaos , thanks for raising this. I'll pass on to the digital marketing team to look into.
Userlevel 2
@AgentOfChaos , thanks for raising this. I'll pass on to the digital marketing team to look into.

Ok thanks Danjl. Could you let me know the outcome please.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@AgentOfChaos , thanks for raising this. I'll pass on to the digital marketing team to look into.Ok thanks Danjl. Could you let me know the outcome please.

will do.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Good point @AgentOfChaos let's see what the mods say
Userlevel 2
Good point @AgentOfChaos let's see what the mods say
I wouldn't hold my breath lol
Userlevel 2
Still waiting 😃
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Still waiting :D

from browsing the website and the links etc... it points towards that the competition seems to be open only for residents in south east Asia... worth waiting for the official word from huawei.
Userlevel 2

Still waiting :Dfrom browsing the website and the links etc... it points towards that the competition seems to be open only for residents in south east Asia... worth waiting for the official word from huawei.

Its EU.

Userlevel 2

@Danjl did you hear anything back?
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Well I didn't believe that Huawei would be advertising Booking.com but it looks like they are!

Adverts on lock screen

Coming to a phone near you.....
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@AgentOfChaos , just had an update. The team (if they haven't already, will contact you), and get the prize sent out asap. We're also looking at how we can provide community members with some reassurance about any legit deals via the community. Hope that helps.
Userlevel 2

Thank you Danjl. It's frustrating when they message you asking for a reply then just leave it at that. An acknowledgement of an update is all that's needed. Thanks again.