About custom watch faces

• 12 July 2019
  • 45 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
  • Huaweian
  • 193 replies
Guys, currently custom watch face is only available for developers with beta version Health App, in the future official version designer can upload their works to watch face store, once approved, other users can download the watch face by free or not.

Note:
  1. Before the official version releasing, custome watch face is only for developers, it might cause some unexpected issues.
  2. Using a beta version Health App your watch will not receive any update.
So, please be careful and enjoy! 💪🏼😎

45 replies

Userlevel 2
Do you have timescales of the official custom store this was promised ages ago and would stop people doing it by other means.
Hi, which is the beta version of the huawei health? where can I found it?
Userlevel 6
Guys who own the Mi band are able to set custom faces on a device that cost them like 30€!

I payed around 200€ for my Watch GT and, pardon my english, most of the faces currently available are rubbish, especially the festival one. Why Huawei imposes an obvious chinese watch face in europe is beyond me, considering how scarce the storage is on this device.
The health phone app should allow import of custom faces, all it had to do was to check if the .hwt is valid or not. If it were, it should let people install it.

If Huawei is thinking about only allowing face installation through the "face market", that's certainly not the way to go.

I think this watch should have like 4 or 5 good faces on it's firmware and from there, people should be allowed to install what they want... from a face market or from custom files.

Please, give customers what they want.
I am also waiting for custom watch faces in which custom background is set by user. But I couldn't find it even after firmware update version of 1.0.9.2 . So please update it as soon as possible.
Any news regarding custom faces? When we can expect release?
Userlevel 3
To the moderators,
I know having custom watch faces is great, but I, personally would appreciate even more the possibility to chose the information I want to see in the watch! The adding of dual time to two of the GT watch faces is a good start. I would like to see that option to the other preloaded each faces (especially the analog ones). If one of the moderators can relay that to the development team would be awesome!
I have an iPhone so all this custom watches that are available through the beta Health app aren’t available to me as of now (it would be nice though!).
Thanks for listening!
D
Here is a visual watchface build tool.
Hav fun...
Chinese Huawei club website
Userlevel 2
So I've been watching these custom watch face threads with great interest. Lovely watch, good features, awful faces. I've seen threads with people more technically able than I am building some really good custom faces, yet huawei are behind the pace on this. Why isn't the capability to add custom faces available to normal users? This has been rumbling on for months, people asking huawei for this function but it's obviously being held back and I get the impression the requests are being ignored or fobbed off. That's not good customer service.
I have recommended honor huawei phones to my friends and use one myself. This sort of thing doesn't give me the confidence to go for the huawei family products when my renewals come around. For Christ's sake Huawei, get it sorted. Things like this will destroy a brand on the US and euro markets.
Is there an official timescale to add custom faces or is the idea totally binned off?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Boydie82 , thanks for the comment. Yeah, the watch face threads are seeing community members getting creative. As to whether this feature being available for normal users, I can't say. What I can say is I've highlighted these threads internally so people are aware of the interest in this feature. As you can can probably imagine though there are other feature people want and priorities etc. Any news or development, you'll find out about it on the community 😀
Userlevel 5
Wow. A rare answer from someone who has access to the Huawei devs.

The watchface store (and the ability to create one's own faces and download them) seems to be only available to the Chinese market and a few select others. No one expects this to change anytime soon so for now, we are forced to watch a select few take advantage of the possibilities of the GT while ours continue to be limited with these horrible faces.

This couldn't be more frustrating....
Userlevel 2
@Boydie82 , thanks for the comment. Yeah, the watch face threads are seeing community members getting creative. As to whether this feature being available for normal users, I can't say. What I can say is I've highlighted these threads internally so people are aware of the interest in this feature. As you can can probably imagine though there are other feature people want and priorities etc. Any news or development, you'll find out about it on the community 😀
I have sent a watchface to my watch and now it's dead, black screen. What should i do?
Userlevel 2
Thanks for the reply. Whilst there may be other features requiring attention, this seems like THE most DISCUSSED, current topic.
The voices of the customers are being heard.
There is, however, a distinct difference between hearing and listening to these voices.......
I cannot, for the life of me, think why this feature is only offered to some of the huawei watch GT owners, based on location.
At its best, its poor customer focus.....
At its worst, its discriminating against a section customers based on nationality.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Wahoux2 , you should probably contact your local helpdesk to see if they can help. Contact details here: https://consumer.huawei.com/en/contact-us/

@Redddog , @Boydie82 yeah I believe this is limited to Chinese developers - Chinese understandably being a huge market for Huawei. The fact some developers have gotten connected and experimenting with watch faces definitely shows the interest outside of China for this feature. Hopefully this translates into a feature for all users, but we will have to wait and see.
Userlevel 5
@Wahoux2 , you should probably contact your local helpdesk to see if they can help. Contact details here: https://consumer.huawei.com/en/contact-us/
@Redddog , @Boydie82 yeah I believe this is limited to Chinese developers - Chinese understandably being a huge market for Huawei. The fact some developers have gotten connected and experimenting with watch faces definitely shows the interest outside of China for this feature. Hopefully this translates into a feature for all users, but we will have to wait and see.

The problem that we are all having with Huawei right now is the fact that you won't tell us WHY certain regions get certain features and WHY the decisions were made to exclude everyone outside of China. There's a reason. We'd like to know what that reason is.
So do we know when we're going to get this feature yet then? I don't like the idea of bodging around a chinese ID when we should all just be able to do it normally
Userlevel 5
I would guess never.
Userlevel 2
I would guess never.
And there is your answer. I'm going back to Samsung products in February. I've been burned and have learned my lesson
I would guess never.
Well I would hope not never since they're already trialling the beta in China...
Download the Huawei app gallery using the link https://huaweimobileservices.com/appgallery_10.0.0.305.apk and search for health app and install it. Here you can find the latest version of health app, this brings more watch face and we can install it.
Download the Huawei app gallery using the link https://huaweimobileservices.com/appgallery_10.0.0.305.apk and search for health app and install it. Here you can find the latest version of health app, this brings more watch face and we can install it.
Also don't forget to install Huawei mobile service app and during initial start of the health app make sure your phone is in airplane mode and enable WiFi and Bluetooth. You will receive a login page where you need to use a Huawei ID from UK region. Enjoy more watch faces on Watch GT and Honor Watch Magic..
Userlevel 2

I would guess never.Well I would hope not never since they're already trialling the beta in China...

Exactly how long is this trial? When you consider that 12 months is considered a generation in tech consumables, this "trial period" of software is taking a while..... I'm quite convinced that the GT watch is low (and getting lower) on the list of huawei priorities. They're giving the GT watch away for free with phones now. Ominous.
Userlevel 3
I am one of the few that took a leap of faith and bought this watch in the US... although I enjoy the watch’s battery life, I get more and more frustrated with the inconsistency in regards with adding more watch faces to this watch. First is iOS versus Android (not necessarily GT’s fault), but the most annoying thing is that even if you pair the watch with an Android phone, you still cannot download more watchfaces in the US. Is this issue will ever get resolved? Is it time to throw in the towel yet? Is Huawei going to make it right for US too? It shouldn’t be that hard to release this faces worldwide! They are just watchfaces.
Userlevel 7
Badge
I am one of the few that took a leap of faith and bought this watch in the US... although I enjoy the watch’s battery life, I get more and more frustrated with the inconsistency in regards with adding more watch faces to this watch. First is iOS versus Android (not necessarily GT’s fault), but the most annoying thing is that even if you pair the watch with an Android phone, you still cannot download more watchfaces in the US. Is this issue will ever get resolved? Is it time to throw in the towel yet? Is Huawei going to make it right for US too? It shouldn’t be that hard to release this faces worldwide! They are just watchfaces.
I'm in the US as well and I use the GT on an iPhone XS Max. I have an old android Galaxy Note 3 lying around that I use to upload the custom faces I create onto my watch. Where there's a will, there's a way.
Userlevel 3

I am one of the few that took a leap of faith and bought this watch in the US... although I enjoy the watch’s battery life, I get more and more frustrated with the inconsistency in regards with adding more watch faces to this watch. First is iOS versus Android (not necessarily GT’s fault), but the most annoying thing is that even if you pair the watch with an Android phone, you still cannot download more watchfaces in the US. Is this issue will ever get resolved? Is it time to throw in the towel yet? Is Huawei going to make it right for US too? It shouldn’t be that hard to release this faces worldwide! They are just watchfaces.I'm in the US as well and I use the GT on an iPhone XS Max. I have an old android Galaxy Note 3 lying around that I use to upload the custom faces I create onto my watch. Where there's a will, there's a way.

You have something more: skill and knowledge. I still type with two fingers 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge

I am one of the few that took a leap of faith and bought this watch in the US... although I enjoy the watch’s battery life, I get more and more frustrated with the inconsistency in regards with adding more watch faces to this watch. First is iOS versus Android (not necessarily GT’s fault), but the most annoying thing is that even if you pair the watch with an Android phone, you still cannot download more watchfaces in the US. Is this issue will ever get resolved? Is it time to throw in the towel yet? Is Huawei going to make it right for US too? It shouldn’t be that hard to release this faces worldwide! They are just watchfaces.I'm in the US as well and I use the GT on an iPhone XS Max. I have an old android Galaxy Note 3 lying around that I use to upload the custom faces I create onto my watch. Where there's a will, there's a way.
You have something more: skill and knowledge. I still type with two fingers ;)

Soon everyone will be able to upload custom watch faces with the tool that @dodge is working on. Granted it will be an unofficial userland tool, but it's more than what we have officially at this point. You can follow along with this thread.