Aerobic Training Effect Result Watch GT - Should I be concerned ?

• 6 January 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
I have always thought of myself as reasonable fit and active, but having just purchased and used my GT watch for the first time on a cycle ride the health stats do concern me. Should I be alarmed by the high Aerobic reading ?
I am about to turn 50, but have always ran and cycled and go to the gym will no ill effects

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
I was thinking exactly the same thing today! I did an 8km run on the treadmill and it was saying that it was excessive and that I need to rest for 86hours. My workout status also says "unproductive'. I'd take it with a pinch of salt. I'm training for a 10km race. I don't see how I can train without it being "excessive". I'm not sure how the metrics are calculated but you know your body. It's always good to have a couple of days rest after such activity anyway.
Userlevel 2
Thank you, I am glad I am not alone, some reassurance to be had
I did a park run yesterday, cycle this morning, "was" going to the gym this afternoon for weights, but after seeing those stats I decided against
Userlevel 1
I have always thought of myself as reasonable fit and active, but having just purchased and used my GT watch for the first time on a cycle ride the health stats do concern me. Should I be alarmed by the high Aerobic reading ?
I am about to turn 50, but have always ran and cycled and go to the gym will no ill effects

Hi,

The Aerobic Training Effect feedback you get on your Huawei Watch GT is designed to provide personalized insight into how a specific workout will influence the development of future performance capacity. In order to provide truly personalized feedback, your watch needs to learn about you and this can take a little bit of time.

As I'm sure you know, people respond differently to different workouts. And the fitter you are the harder you need to challenge yourself to improve. That same logic (although a little more complicated) is working behind the scenes on your Huawei Watch GT to provide your aerobic training effect feedback.

More information about Training Effect, how it's calculated and what it means.

A workout that produces a Training Effect of 5.0 is one that basically knocked your socks off - so if you felt this was a generally reasonable effort, I'd give it some time to learn more about your current fitness level and training patterns before putting much stock in the nuance of the feedback. It will straighten out and better reflect your own experience/feelings in a couple weeks.

Same perspective applies to Recovery Time feedback also.

Hope that helps!

Herman