Auto-tracking on the Watch GT

• 21 January 2019
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 1
How is auto-tracking actually supposed to work? I'd assume it should automatically detect a walk or run without you actually starting the exercise on the watch, hence its description within settings. I know from using it in the past that the Galaxy Watch does this it makes me think that I might need to reset. Should I expect something to register in Exercise Records in the app for instance? Tia

14 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7
It you don't mind me asking but where is this in the settings? Perhaps your on a newer firmware or something like that but I don't seem to have that feature on the watch GT.

Regards Jase
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Ahhh!!! I've found it, It's a setting on the phone for the watch within the health app. Never actually used this so unfortunately I can't help with this one.
I'd imagine it's like you say but obviously I can't confirm.
Hopefully someone else will be able to answer.

Regards Jase.
Userlevel 1
See below. Huawei Health is 2.6.4.306 as far as I can see

Userlevel 6
Badge +7
See below. Huawei Health is 2.6.4.306 as far as I can see

Yeah found it, thanks.
It's not on the iphone version of the App 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Jon,

Sorry to hear the feature is missing on your iPhone. :(

We have taken your feedback into consideration and forwarded it further to the appropriate department to look into this.

Should we have any news, we will keep you updated on the situation!

Best wishes,
Max
When might auto track be available on iPhone version ?
Userlevel 5
I have an Android phone and it's not available on that either(Pixel XL2).
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Redddog,

It might be that the feature is missing as the Huawei Health App is not 100% compatible with other devices.

We have requested for the certain Huawei only features to be added on the Health Application for other devices as well.

Should we receive any news about this, we will inform you!

Best wishes,
Max
Userlevel 4
Autotracking doesn't work anyway.
Just got an Android phone and auto tracking isn't an option

What phone do I need to enable this and ALL functions, am I forced to buy a Huawei phone ? If so what entry level phone will provide me with full functionality.

This should be disclosed prior to making a purchase, as its a little sneaky.
Hi,

I have the same issue in which GT watch could not auto tracking my exercise. Found this thread and have enabled the auto-track option in setting of health app, I will monitor if it works.
Thank you!
Userlevel 4
Auto tracking has now been removed from the most recent Android update. It never worked anyway.
Auto detect exercise is not a feature available in huawei gt watches. We look forward that the developers would consider adding this basic fundamental feature to the watch?!!!!