Better Sleep with Watch GT

• 2 April 2019
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
  • Huaweian
  • 167 replies
Have you ever suffered from any poor sleep quality? Good news is that the Watch GT can help you.

How does the Watch GT work the magic? Thanks to TruSleep 3.0 technology, Watch GT supports sleep tracking using both scientific and traditional ways. TruSleep sleep tracking technology accurately detects six types of sleep issues by monitoring heart rate, analyzing breathing patterns and sleep quality during sleep. You will also receive more than 200 personalized wellness suggestions such as meditation, exercise before sleep or nap.

Aren't these features really functional and convenient? Let's talk more about this and how you can fully maximize its functions to help you sleep better.

Viewing your sleep data
  • View sleep data on the watch: Touch Sleep on your watch to view your sleep data. Please note that your watch can only display sleep data of the current day. The 24-hour sleep tracking starts from 20:00 every day, and the sleep data for the previous day will be cleared at 24:00 each day.

• View sleep data in the Huawei Health app: Touch Sleep card on the home screen of the Huawei Health app to view your detailed sleep data. When TruSleep is enabled, sleep data that is less than three hours, possibly a nap, will be recorded as Naps instead of TruSleep data. Naps data will not be included in the bar chart.

Enabling TruSleep
TruSleep can only be enabled in the Huawei Health app. Connect your watch to the phone using the Huawei Health app. Touch your watch name and go to TruSleep. TruSleep is enabled by default. Your watch will continue to track your sleep using traditional methods after TruSleep is disabled.

Once TruSleep is enabled, power consumption of your watch increases as well.

Improving sleep quality
With TruSleep enabled, you can view your sleep quality assessments and personalized improvement suggestions in sleep details screen. Touch different sleep period to see corresponding suggestions to improve your sleep quality.

Quick Facts
If you do not enable TruSleep in the Huawei Health app, your watch will only use data from its accelerometers to give you a simple analysis of your sleep duration and sleep depth. When this sleep data is synced to the Huawei Health app, only sleep duration will be displayed in the sleep details page.

If TruSleep is enabled in Huawei Health app, your watch uses TruSleep sleep analysis technology to extrapolate normal sinus rhythm and breathing signals from heart rate data. Hilbert-Huang transform (HHT) technology is then used to analyze the coherence and cross-spectral density of the two signals to allow Cardiopulmonary Coupling (CPC) analysis, which can accurately determine which stage of sleep you are in, such as deep sleep, shallow sleep, REM sleep, and wakefulness. Your watch not only analyzes your sleep in detail, but also provides you with sleep score and personalized suggestions to help you improve the quality of your sleep.

Having issues? Follow the trouble shooting:
  • Loss of sleep data
This may be because you moved your wrist too much while sleeping, causing your watch to determine incorrectly that you are awake.
If you take a midday nap of less than 30 minutes or you moved around too much during a midday nap, your watch may have determined incorrectly that you were awake.

• Extra sleep data recorded inaccurately
When you are reading, watching TV or movies, or sitting in an office, your wrist movements may become very similar to when you are about to fall asleep. Under such circumstances your watch may incorrectly determine that you are asleep, causing it to incorrectly add to your sleep duration.
When you are awake, if you remain relatively still and do not touch your watch's screen, your watch may incorrectly determine that you are still asleep. This will also cause it to incorrectly add to your recorded sleep duration.

• Number of recorded wake times is inaccurate
Too many wake times: If you toss and turn when you sleep, your watch may mistakenly increase the number of wake times.

Too few wake times: If you do not move much after you wake up, for example by lying in bed instead of getting up, this may result in the number of recorded wake times being fewer than expected.

The accuracy of sleep monitoring is highly affected by how you wear your watch and the movement of your wrist:
  1. It is recommended that you wear the watch slightly below your carpal bone with the watch face facing upwards. Avoid wearing the watch directly on your carpal bone as this will cause there to be a space between the watch and your wrist. Do not wear your watch too tightly or loosely as this may also affect the accuracy of your sleep data.
  2. When you take off your watch, place it on its side on a table to prevent the collection of erroneous sleep data.
A really cool technology, right? Try it and explore more about your sleeping habits! Keep your watch and App up to date, if you have any suggestions or issues, please post below.

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
I appreciate the work that has been done by Huawei with Trusleep.

Incorrect "assumptions" are acceptable but there should be an option for the user to be able to remove incorrect naps, or adjust sleeping time in the Health app if the watch did not detect it correctly. Then the app should be able to re-analyse the new sleeping data.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
I appreciate the work that has been done by Huawei with Trusleep.

Incorrect "assumptions" are acceptable but there should be an option for the user to be able to remove incorrect naps, or adjust sleeping time in the Health app if the watch did not detect it correctly. Then the app should be able to re-analyse the new sleeping data.

hey, @kalantz
Thanks for your suggestion, which is very valuable, but the situation is also complex. Soon we will support cloud service for most countries, which means your data can be stored on cloud server with a Huawei ID account, and that will be a discrepancy for editing your data on Health App. We will keep optimizing the accuracy of sleep monitoring, and look forward for a better solution.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Happy to hear that there will be a cloud service 😌
Userlevel 3
The sleep analysis seems like a great feature, but it doesn't work with Smart Wakeup at the moment.
More info:
https://uk.community.huawei.com/watch-gt-50/smart-wakeup-is-broken-sleep-tracking-watch-gt-p30-pro-but-not-only-4282

Thanks for your suggestion, which is very valuable, but the situation is also complex. Soon we will support cloud service for most countries, which means your data can be stored on cloud server with a Huawei ID account, and that will be a discrepancy for editing your data on Health App. We will keep optimizing the accuracy of sleep monitoring, and look forward for a better solution.

It's good to hear about the upcoming improvements. Is there any ETA on that?
silly question, should we wear the watch while sleeping in order to get these analysis correct.
Hi I recently purchased a p30 pro and watch gt, for the most part I'm really impressed with both devices, only problem I have is the sleep tracker, last few nights it's not been tracking the first few hours of my sleep, I've been lsleeping for at least midnight but the sleep tracker hasn't been working untill atleast 2am. I've tried the usual reset and clear data of the watch nnhuawei health app and disconnecting and reconnecting of the watch but nothing seems to work. I know it's not the end of the world but it's rather annoyinh. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Cmullen82 - welcome to the community. I moved your post to this thread to avoid duplication. Please read @Ove's information on troubleshooting. Hope this helps.
Biggest problem with the sleep tracker is that the watch is too bright to wear at night. Even at brightness 1 it illuminates the whole room. It's annoying and disturbs your sleep. I currently have to tape it up at night in order to wear it to use the sleep tracker.
It needs a darker setting for night time.