Answered

Calories burned during exercise are just plain wrong on the GT

Userlevel 4
So there is the issue with not counting BMR which is a whole different issue, but the calories burned during exercise is just plain wrong as is the heart rate.

First pic was from today's weights session, it was more of a circuit with short 30 sec rest periods, according to the GT I burned 76 calories, I did the same workout on Tuesday with a Fitbit, look at the difference, and if anything weights were slightly heavier today. It also says average heart rate was 82 which again is just totally wrong with only having 30 second rest periods.

icon

Best answer by Amy 28 January 2019, 09:01

Hey @Thehangryguy,

I think @MBDeaks, @360_planets and @Wavey are also having these issues. I'll leave this topic open because it's specifically about the calorie count. And I'll ask the support team to reply.

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @Thehangryguy,

I think @MBDeaks, @360_planets and @Wavey are also having these issues. I'll leave this topic open because it's specifically about the calorie count. And I'll ask the support team to reply.
Userlevel 4
I got the following reply when I emailed in about the issue. Not much help.

I am sorry to hear about the fact that your watch does not count the calories correctly. I can only imagine how upsetting it must be for you. However, please rest assured as I will try my best to assist you in this matter.
Please try to follow the steps below and see if they take care of your situation:

1. Please pair and unpair the watch with your phone
2. Try to clear the cache for the application: Settings> Apps & Notifications> Apps> Choose the app you pair your watch with> Storage> Clear cache
3. Try to clear the data for the application: Settings> Apps & Notifications> Apps> Choose the app you pair your watch with> Storage> Clear data.
Kindly note that if you clear the data, all the data on the Instagram application will be lost.
4. Try to perform a factory reset on your watch.
Note: Resetting your watch will erase all your data.
Method 1: On your watch's home screen, press the up button, and go to System Settings > System > Reset.
Method 2: Open the Huawei Health app and touch the device icon in the upper right corner under Home, then touch Reset.

We hope that the troubleshooting was successful.
Should you have any further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
I had quite similar workouts with 1 week difference and I gained completely different calorie calculations, 211 vs. 325. Is there any reason for this?

Userlevel 1
forgive my english
Beyond that Basal human consumption is lacking, calories are calculated with dice!

Yesterday at the gym, without activating any training, I did:
6 repetitions at the "Leg Press Machine"
6 repetitions at the "Leg Curl Machine"
bringing the cardio between 80 and 120 or so but WatchGT did NOT mark calories consumed 🤐
but then, back home, I activated "Generic workout" and I ate sitting for about 1 hour and WatchGT scored 200 calories consumed.🤣

Those of Huawei should know that Heart Stress has an important calorie consumption and not just the movement of the arm (to make Chinese calendars)

Moreover, if they did a bit of Sport, they would know that the "Sport watch" must mark the times .... and therefore mark the repetitions with times of Work and Recovery.

Huawei will wake up from this sleep?
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi all,

Can you please PM me the serial number of your wearables? In that way, I will be able to look further into this.

You will be able to find this info on the back of the watch or on the box.

Best wishes,
Max
Userlevel 1
Max wrote:

Hi all,

Can you please PM me the serial number of your wearables? In that way, I will be able to look further into this.

You will be able to find this info on the back of the watch or on the box.

Best wishes,
Max

MAC: 88119650FF7E 8A
I hope this is useful to make calorie consumption reliable and time integration for training circuits (it's a sports watch!)

The technicians of Huawei have never done a day of gym ???

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings