Answered

Create apps on Huawei Watch GT

• 13 June 2019
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Hello,

I have a question, seeing the lack of third-party application on the watch, can we create our own applications? Are there some developers who have already done it?

Thank you in advance and wish you an excellent afternoon

cordially
icon

Best answer by Max 13 June 2019, 17:49

Hi @Enzopaolo,

We are happy to hear that you are interested in developing applications specifically for our Watch devices!

In order to do so, kindly check the following link which leads to our developer consumer website: https://developer.huawei.com/consumer/en/

By clicking on the link above, you will be to develop your own applications for our Huawei devices.

I hope the information above proves useful to your inquiry!

Cheers,
Max
View original

9 replies

Add to that,it has not ever been advertised as a real smartwatch so third party/self created apps is not a thing that should ever be expected.
Userlevel 3
I think there is only 128 MB of storage on the watch, so I am pretty sure you won't be able to build any custom apps. Its a fitness watch, not a smartwatch.
Userlevel 3
Yes @Furcifier @giorgoXXI I agree but I would really like to have at least one simple music player as it should be in a sports watch.
Yes @Furcifier @giorgoXXI I agree but I would really like to have at least one simple music player as it should be in a sports watch.

To be quite honest, if that is what you are looking for in a sportswatch, you should not have bought this one. It doesn't have any internal storage, so what good is a music player ? There's no real use for it.
Userlevel 3

Yes @Furcifier @giorgoXXI I agree but I would really like to have at least one simple music player as it should be in a sports watch.To be quite honest, if that is what you are looking for in a sportswatch, you should not have bought this one. It doesn't have any internal storage, so what good is a music player ? There's no real use for it.

I understand but they could have created an application with the play / pause / stop / skip button ...
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Enzopaolo,

We are happy to hear that you are interested in developing applications specifically for our Watch devices!

In order to do so, kindly check the following link which leads to our developer consumer website: https://developer.huawei.com/consumer/en/

By clicking on the link above, you will be to develop your own applications for our Huawei devices.

I hope the information above proves useful to your inquiry!

Cheers,
Max
Userlevel 3
Thank you so much,

I also wanted to know if anyone has already created an app for this watch.

cordially
Userlevel 1
No, because SDK is not available.
Userlevel 5
Badge
@Enzopaolo - @Max misleads you. at the moment you can not create your own applications for the watch gt.