Answered

GPS tracking problem on watch gt

• Diligent Disciple
  • 15 replies
Hi!
today I had an outdoor cycling session. Usualy I do the same route, which is aprox 45 km., and by now the watch recorded everyrhing correctly. But today i noticed that the watch was stucking continuously measuring the distance. I do not know what could be the problem. Before the last update 1.0.7.42, everything was fine measuring the sport activity. I hope this can be fixed, because if not, it will make no sense for me to have this watch! Waiting for answer!
icon

Best answer by Max 8 May 2019, 10:17

Hi @Irzi, welcome!

We're sorry to hear about the situation you've encountered!

To attempt fixing this we'd strongly suggest unpairing the wearable from your phone and then re-pairing it.

Most times this fixes issues with Bluetooth connectivity, which might be the source of other malfunctions as well.

Please let us know if this helped!

Cheers,
View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Irzi, welcome!

To attempt fixing this we'd strongly suggest unpairing the wearable from your phone and then re-pairing it.

Most times this fixes issues with Bluetooth connectivity, which might be the source of other malfunctions as well.

Cheers,
I have the same problem, I live in Brazil and I bought my Watch GT in Aliexpress. When it arrived I updated to last version and when I try to use in outdoor cycling the watch constantly losts GPS and say my speed is zero, then say again my real speed. After the workout in the Heath app show a straight line in my places like I teleported. My watch is in 1.0.7.42. I don't know if is a hardware problem or a software issue. In another forums people supposed that it may getting Galileo or Glonass that have low precision in many countries. The seller say to return the watch, but the shipping is to expensive, not worth it.
Hi @Irzi, welcome!

Cheers,

FIrst thing I done, didn't solve the problem.
Hi,

My Watch GT or/and Huawei Helath App destroy a GPS track.
After 8 kilometers a track don't have any point on map.
Every statistic have a summary with 15,34 km but track have only 8km.
It's strange thing because I used Watch GT for the first time seriously for more than 5 hours and watch failed immediately...

1. Is there a chance that the watch has a full GPS track?
  2. Is there a chance that the Huawei Health has a full GPS track?
If it happens again in the future, I return the watch to Huawei. Basic functions not working!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @Pudel I added your post here to avoid duplicates as as this topics covers GPS issues with GT watch.
@Danjl
Anyone from Huawei can help me with this?
Maybe I Can extract track from app but Huawei make a WRONG decision about Health App - set in AndroidManifest flag AllowBackup to FALSE.
From Motorola G6 Plus I can't do a backup. Huawei Backup works only on Huawei phones. Backup by ADB not working by the wrong decision about flags.

@Huawei Mobile UK - change flag in APP or write a method to access to tracks on phone and watch (maybe a additional synchronize? Forced?). Root on my phone is possible but I don't want do this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hey Pudel,

Thank you for your feedback. I flagged this for our support team. 🙂
I was very happy with the Watch GT until a couple of months ago. It was fairly good GPS tracker of my outdoor sports. But until then I was always doing my sports in complete empty places, outside the city. In the last 2 months it got worse and worse since I started sporting also inside the city and it doesn't even have tall buildings! Yesterday was the worst day. Running 10k (supposedly), so I stopped when it told me. 1st thing, the pace always looked very slow compared to what I usually do. But well, it could be me. Then it took way too long to get to 10k. When I check it at home I realized the trajectory of my run was completely wrong. In real I did a bit more than 13k (3km difference!!) and there are even straight line over buildings and stuff while I followed a normal road with turns. This is not acceptable in a watch that clams to be very accurate even in cities with buildings. Btw, both my Watch and Huawei phone and app are updated with the most recent firmware.
Is there any real advice to correct this that is not only update the firmware and re-connect the device? Because I already tried and it didn't work not even a little.

Hi.
I've the issue but the watch detects more km than the real one
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@CristianoSOusa , @Santo67 , I moved your post/comment here to avoid duplication. This post is flagged with support.
I bought Watch GT with Huawei P30 Pro. My watch and Health app both are updated. However the GPS tracking from the watch is inaccurate. I did an activity with tracking on both Watch and an activity tracker app. Watch tracking was way too off.

The below Screenshot is the track I took. And next is the tracking done through watch. It seems there is a calibration issue of GPS. Have done all the basic troubleshooting as suggested by other users on forum. Factory Reset, Un-pair and Pair, Reinstall but to no avail. Please suggest a solution.

Hi, I’m having exactly the same problem with my GT. I’ve had it little over a week and just got back from a run, I waited for a gps lock ect before setting off outdoors but on returning find it’s had me going through buildings and all over the place tonight. It’s not a particularly built up area and has no big buildings. Really disappointed so far I hope this is temporary. Has anyone had any luck sorting theirs?
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Hello all!

Thank you for sharing this with us!

I have sent this cases to the development team so they can have a better view and a deeper search on this!

I will let you know about the working process as soon as possible.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have further issues! You can send a private message as well, if you want this kind of assistance!

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT
Userlevel 1
If anyone has this problem just move your phone in a infinite loop like 8 for 2 minutes if the calibration isn't fixed.
Than I'm sure it's the device.

Sometimes it could be some emf that's more powerful then the north (earth)
It is possible that the tracker would go crazy.

I had a protector with a magnet once and my GPS went crazy.