Answered

GT watch custom faces

• 17 November 2018
  • 169 replies

Userlevel 3
I am loving the GT watch, but would like to add watch faces like you could on the watch 2. Is there any way to do so or is there going to be in the near future?
icon

Best answer by Max 19 November 2018, 15:58

Hi Mickyb83,

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the watch GT, at the moment this feature is not available but i will forward you inquire as a feedback and perhaps it will be available in the near future via update ;)

Best wishes,
Max
View original

169 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi Mickyb83,

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the watch GT, at the moment this feature is not available but i will forward you inquire as a feedback and perhaps it will be available in the near future via update ;)

Best wishes,
Max
Got my watch GT 2 days ago and with extensive use I can say that it is a really good watch for fitness as trackers are on most accurate so far with really good battery life and beautiful design.

However, Lite OS is restricted and basic functionality like replying to a message from watch, better notifications, only 11 watch faces 😮, laggy interface etc really ruin the experience.

I am switching over from Galaxy gear S3 and functionality on that is way too much. All I want to know is, would there be further updates on the software side of this watch, specially watch faces or this is it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi MaD.TiTan,

As all our products they will continuously receive support.
Im sorry for the rough initial experience with the Watch GT and the Lite OS, but rest assured that all feedback is being collected and escalated further.

And as always if you need any further assistance please feel free to contact us via forum or via mail, chat or hotline at https://consumer.huawei.com/

Best wishes,
Max
Userlevel 1
Hello all

I 100% agree with earlier comments, after using my Watch GT, for a few days now the fitness side of it is great but to benifit from the fitness features fully the watch needs to be your main time piece, but as a watch it is lacking finess, I would like to see more watch faces and the ability to add and remove features(heart rate, steps, barometer, date, phone battery%, next calendar event etc) from the watch face. The addition of some classy watch faces that dont have any fitness displays on would be great for when you are not exercising as the current ones are generally very cartoon like in appearance. Also notifications could do with app specific icons and the ability to control music (volume,mute,skip track etc) would be good. I know it is in its early days and hope Huawei keep up the developement of this watch and the Lite OS and issue regular updates..

Thanks Rich
I really hope there are planned updates to make this watch better, missing my watch 2. However appreciate the longer battery life.
hi,
I get my GT watch 4 days ago.
it is wonderful, but frustrating!
Wonderful: easy to use, reactive, very good experience, great fitness fuctions, wonderful sleep analyisis, customized timer / alarm clock.
Frustrating (in decreasing priority): not possible to customize the watch face. // not possible to pause-start music // no whatsapp functionalities (pics preview)
Userlevel 2
Getting on OK with the new GT, and particularly value the decent battery life. When setting it up I struggled with finding a suitable watch face for my main purposes, so here's a request. Either custom or a watch face which includes.

• Time - hours, minutes and seconds
  • Date
  • Weather - current temp, daily max/min
  • Steps
  • Battery level
It would also be useful to have available my current agenda - events in my diary for the day. That's probably the only other thing I miss from my previous smartwatches. It may be possible to get diary reminders on the watch, but I haven't figured out how to do that.

If I've turned off heart rate monitoring in the Health app to extend battery life, could the heart rate screen be removed from the watch. It is a bit pointless having to swipe past a screen which is telling me nothing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi all,

Thank you once again for the feedback 🙂 It has all been collected, updated and forwarded to our dev. team for consideration in the future updates.

Best wishes,
Max
Great watch just needs to have the ability to upload more faces.
Userlevel 1
The Huawei Watch GT is a really nice watch, but i think i will return it to the shop. You only have about 9-10 watch faces and you can't add custom ones! I think this is the top feature to be added. Even 10 times cheaper smartbands/smartwatches have an option to add/customize the watch faces. Too bad, as this would've been a great watch.
Userlevel 3
am waiting for my watch GT to be delivered tomorrow, however reading these comments and reviews it does sound as though more watch faces are required or better still the ability to customise them.
Also the ability to control music from my phone would be useful, and if possible some sort of map interface.
Userlevel 1
The Weather app is also the worst you can find. It doesn't show you anything but the current temperature, the low and the max. No tommorrow weather, no weekly weather (like cheaper watches do), no weather alerts...

But i don't think Huawei cares about these functions in LiteOS. I wrote them weeks ago, and i got not a single reply...
Userlevel 3
Can't see the point of the weather app then as I only ever want to know what the weather is going to be not what it currently is as I already know that by looking out the window.
Love how thin and light the gt watch is and the battery life is incredible. But yeah not having custom faces or just not having a bigger selection let's it down. Its also a massive miss that wear os (android) is not on this watch. I didn't think I would be bothered but the limited functionality that the watch has is a huge downside. I also have a huawei smartwatch gen 1 and it's fantastic but now I feel like for every day use I'll wear that even though its older and quite chunky and heavy. And I'll have to swap over to the gt for fitness as really at the moment it is just a glorified fitness tracker. It's very frustrating. I was hoping the gt would be a good replacement but it's nowhere near. If you could put the software for the normal smartwatcb in to the gt body you'd have the perfect watch.
Userlevel 3
Hi Mickyb83,

Glad to hear taht you are enjoying the watch GT, at the moment this feature is not available but i will forward you inquire as a feedback and perhaps it will be available in the near future via update ;)

Best wishes,
Max

Well it will be interesting to see if Huawei actually listens to it's customers (us who pay their wages) wishes and suggestions....
The main problem is that you get a closed systeme for a price of a full tracker from garmin or polar.
There is no way to export your experience. If you look at that great webinterface from garmin, you now what i mean.

If you have tracker like this (für 200€), you like to compare 2 or 3 runs? its not possible. You can also look at your tracks in a small smartphone display. Goggle fit dosent work, strava dosent work. I dont need 200 wtachfaces with ducks or so, i like to get the possibility to compare my tracks. 200€ and not a 20€ MiBand3.....you know?
New update today and a new watch face. Shame it is another godawful one that looks exactly like 4 of the 9 terrible ones already on offer. And why do all the analogue faces look blurry as anything, make the watch screen look so low resolution. Had this awful watch since launch and still use my GearFit 2 instead. 7 day battery? That's because no-one is bothering to wear the piece of junk.
Userlevel 1
Love the watch, looks great, battery life so far seems great. But as many have already said. It is just lacking in the space to be called a smart watch. I understand the idea behind trying to come out with their own OS. That is fine, I wouldn't have bought the device if I didn't think you could do it. I hate Samsung but I still supported their watch and it was different with Tizen OS. So I support you there. But this is a smart watch, so live up to the name. As stated, it is a "WATCH" first and foremost, just like a phone is a "PHONE" it needs to be a watch first. So give us watch faces in order to be a smart watch. The included ones are just horrid. We need more choices, we need a store, we need a development kit or something to create or own. We surely would be understanding if it would deplete the battery some if we used custom faces. That is on us. Just give us the ability. Otherwise this is a very overpriced hunk of metal. I mean I just bought for Christmas all of the family the Amazfit Bip's. Those things get 2 weeks to a month of battery life EASY and have the same capability that this thing has. And only cost me $60 US on sale, I think $80 normal price. And they have a watch face store that has thousands of watch faces. I mean seriously, what is the deal. Same battery life representation, still have always on display, constant heart rate monitoring. Always on GPS if you want etc. For a fraction of the cost. And they provide what a watch is meant to provide, faces so you can change your style for the day.

Now as a smart watch owner of the past, apps are mostly a gimmick. I am not gonna cry if we never get any. But being a smart watch, for the cost of this thing, I surely hope there is some sort of devkit released that allows users to come up with apps for this thing. Basic ones that we can do little things with. I don't care to play games on my watch, that is just silly. But simple capabilities like control Hue lights or smart home stuff like that. I would like better notifications, not generic ones that all look the same. I would like my Hangouts messages to show up as Hangouts instead of a standard icon. Facebook messages to show up as Facebook etc. And lastly, give us some more options other than the Chinese payment systems. Let us install stuff like Google Pay instead of just AliPay. I would love to make payments with my watch. But don't think gonna make it far in the US with AliPay.

Just my 2 cents or a nickel or whatnot. Great watch, look forward to updates. Do appreciate the immediate attention of firmware right away to fix things. And even if it wasn't the greatest. I do appreciate the watch face that was given to us in the update. Keep little things coming. We do appreciate them. But do look more towards what the watch is meant to be. It is way too costly for what little it offers right now.

Thanks,

Hooch
I agree with most on here the watch needs alot more faces, maybe even an app to edit our own faces, could even be more in-depth with the ability to choice from X amount of faces with customisable hands, features etc as there is a couple bits on the current faces I would like combined together. Also I do feel the screen needs the ability to be always on or the show time setting be clicked multiple times for longer periods of time I understand this is for battery saving buy if I am out at a meal etc I would like the watch to look like an anologe watch so the face needs to be on for a few hours at a time
Userlevel 2
Another comment on watch faces. As well as allowing me to pick which to use and customise what features are on the face (or providing one which covers most of the smartwatch day to day needs - rather than fitness tracking - too many are fitness oriented), I would also like to be able to decide which ones are loaded onto the watch.

I might only need one or two faces, so can I get rid of the rest, so I don't need to scroll through them as I swap between the ones I do want to use? A slicker more streamlined experience on the watch would be very welcome.

(My Vector Luna worked like this - you only loaded the faces you wanted.)
Userlevel 2
I don't really get the absolute need for many more watch-faces myself. Someone said this is a smart Watch so give us more watch faces, but if you were to buy a Watch plain and simple you'd get a single watch face...

No, what I would like ot be able to do is to see the watch face (whichever that may be). IMHO a great advantage of Wear Os watches over Apple ones is the Always On Display. You don't have to frantically wave your arm around in ostentatious "I am looking at the time" gestures just to use the watch as a watch. I know that AOD uses battery, but you can switch it off. It really is just about th eonly thing keeping the GT off my wrist - well that and th elack of Google Pay NFC....

Give us AOD.
Userlevel 1
Love the watch, looks great, battery life so far seems great. But as many have already said. It is just lacking in the space to be called a smart watch. I understand the idea behind trying to come out with their own OS. That is fine, I wouldn't have bought the device if I didn't think you could do it. I hate Samsung but I still supported their watch and it was different with Tizen OS. So I support you there. But this is a smart watch, so live up to the name. As stated, it is a "WATCH" first and foremost, just like a phone is a "PHONE" it needs to be a watch first. So give us watch faces in order to be a smart watch. The included ones are just horrid. We need more choices, we need a store, we need a development kit or something to create or own. We surely would be understanding if it would deplete the battery some if we used custom faces. That is on us. Just give us the ability. Otherwise this is a very overpriced hunk of metal. I mean I just bought for Christmas all of the family the Amazfit Bip's. Those things get 2 weeks to a month of battery life EASY and have the same capability that this thing has. And only cost me $60 US on sale, I think $80 normal price. And they have a watch face store that has thousands of watch faces. I mean seriously, what is the deal. Same battery life representation, still have always on display, constant heart rate monitoring. Always on GPS if you want etc. For a fraction of the cost. And they provide what a watch is meant to provide, faces so you can change your style for the day.

Now as a smart watch owner of the past, apps are mostly a gimmick. I am not gonna cry if we never get any. But being a smart watch, for the cost of this thing, I surely hope there is some sort of devkit released that allows users to come up with apps for this thing. Basic ones that we can do little things with. I don't care to play games on my watch, that is just silly. But simple capabilities like control Hue lights or smart home stuff like that. I would like better notifications, not generic ones that all look the same. I would like my Hangouts messages to show up as Hangouts instead of a standard icon. Facebook messages to show up as Facebook etc. And lastly, give us some more options other than the Chinese payment systems. Let us install stuff like Google Pay instead of just AliPay. I would love to make payments with my watch. But don't think gonna make it far in the US with AliPay.

Just my 2 cents or a nickel or whatnot. Great watch, look forward to updates. Do appreciate the immediate attention of firmware right away to fix things. And even if it wasn't the greatest. I do appreciate the watch face that was given to us in the update. Keep little things coming. We do appreciate them. But do look more towards what the watch is meant to be. It is way too costly for what little it offers right now.

Thanks,

Hooch

I agree with you wholeheartedly Hoochster, I just bought the kids a cheap fitbit-a-like for £30 and it does everything this Huawei watch does. It even vibrates, which I cant get my Huawei one to do. 😞
I do like the watch but it needs functions to justify the price
Love the watch look and battery life.... but it's lacking a greater library of watch faces. Another important and basic thing I'm missing is reply back trigger when someone is calling such as 'call you back later' it be nice if you could select fitness / weather etc details from watch face. Multiple notification swipe through could use a better implimentation
I read all comment all people wants same things, also these requests are simple for smart watch. unfortunately think anything will not be change. It was a one month and ı haven't seen any update about it. But why is the topic status seems solved?I bought gt today and ı regret.
Userlevel 1
I love my gt and hope it does get better. Currently I am massively regretting getting rid of my watch 2 for it though. Can't display emoji's. Notifications are not great in general.

Then the watch faces. My god what a let down. Why can't they just integrate with something like facer? 1000's of faces ready to go?? If its not sorted soon it will be going in afraid.

Can we please all have some sort of solid update on this? Seems its a massive issue for everyone