Answered

GT watch custom faces

• 17 November 2018
  • 162 replies

Show first post

162 replies

Userlevel 2

After update to 1.0.5.22 the time isn't fit in area, it is cropped, see photo.

Very strange but I can confirm that it is the same on my device too so it's definitely a firmware update issue.

Obviously not been properly checked during the QA process.

It seems that i do not have that problem. I’m on 1.0.5.22 too.

hi there love the watch gt but i dont like all of the faces.
especially the new Elegance one.
i dont know who chose it but it is boring
would it be such a pain to just add a few nice non fitness related faces
also i think some of the ones included could be removed especially the one which is duplicated.

apart from that its a great watch
totally agree with you, instead of adding random faces please include music controls (something useful), most of us will be very happy having this functionality. it's a great watch though but please prioritize features for the upcoming updates.
All good with my watch as well, no cropped numbers.

Userlevel 1
During the recent update, I'm sure it said there were 2 new watch faces. I can only see one. Is this right?
Userlevel 2
During the recent update, I'm sure it said there were 2 new watch faces. I can only see one. Is this right?
I think it must have been a translation error. There appears to be only one new face which would be in keeping with their previous firmware updates.
Hi There,

It would be glad to if a representetive from Huawei Corp to reply if possible.
I am very close to get a smartwatch, especially Watch GT by following Valentines day from my wife.
I have some doubts about this product.
I saw some sentences from you that there may not be any improvements.
But is there going to be any updates to LiteOS to improve some functionality?
The faces are not important for me at all, but at least having the ability to manage music I listen while the Watch GT is paired to my phone. the functions like play/ pause moving to next or previous songs would be enough. Is there any plan for adding that feature to that device?
Do you have a DevOps team working on new features or updates?

Or is it the first device that Huawei is not planning to invest more time on it?
Should I wait for a new device to buy with better support?
I tried to send email to support but did not get a reply yet after a week waiting.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi There,

It would be glad to if a representetive from Huawei Corp to reply if possible.
I am very close to get a smartwatch, especially Watch GT by following Valentines day from my wife.
I have some doubts about this product.
I saw some sentences from you that there may not be any improvements.
But is there going to be any updates to LiteOS to improve some functionality?
The faces are not important for me at all, but at least having the ability to manage music I listen while the Watch GT is paired to my phone. the functions like play/ pause moving to next or previous songs would be enough. Is there any plan for adding that feature to that device?
Do you have a DevOps team working on new features or updates?

Or is it the first device that Huawei is not planning to invest more time on it?
Should I wait for a new device to buy with better support?
I tried to send email to support but did not get a reply yet after a week waiting.

Hi there,

While I don't have details of any particular functions (e.g. music) what I can say is that there have been lots of updates to the Lite OS so far, each adding new functions and improving performance. I think that the fact that Huawei have invested in this new software means that there will continue to be really good support, future updates and added functionality.
Userlevel 2
The latest watch face addition is nothing to get excited about. It desperately needs custom faces.
Userlevel 2
Another update, another new watch face. This one is a bit different though as it changes each time it comes on.

Gong hei fat choy everyone!

I really want to buy watch gt but, i am still waiting for an official announcement about custom faces. Topic is 2 months old but there is no certainty.

I also wonder why did the other users 2 last posts are deleted.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Alprn,

From what users have messages been deleted? There are no deleted posts in this thread.
Hi @Amy

After Chani's post, @JMac wrote a post and @Jmoon answered.
I was lucky that i found on my phones browser cache sth. Attached files are in order (Edit: last to first). I am sorry if this post is too long because of files. I am new to community.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Alprn,

Thank you for your quick reply! Those comments weren't deleted. I moved them to this thread. 🙂
Thanks for the explanation @Amy , it was my misunderstanding 🙂 . But we all waiting for an answer about custom faces. Is Huawei working on it for watch gt?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Alprn,

We shared this topic with our development team. I don't have any specific info about this at the moment, sorry!
can you add watch face gyro-tourbillon or flying-tourbillon and somthing like message to show music track name?
thanks

Hello, can dev team add a new analog watch face which is simple, elegant and easy to read. All current analog watch face contains too much information and background color made it very hard to read. A suggestion is watch face like Nomos with bauhaus design as in the image. Many thanks!
Userlevel 4
Hi

Hum, very good idea and great face !
But don't have a big hope, Huawei dev team not listens this forum, even to fix bugs.
But if you want a ridiculus chinese new year face, you have the good watch...
Such a let down .. To me a smart watch should be so much more than a fitness tracker .... and tbh this is nothing but a fitness tracker with a few limited and uninspired watch faces ... A major failure in my eyes - Hope that the tech will look at this and realise how far short of basic expectation they have fallen.

Huawei seem to be living on a name - the capability of this is less than the £25 watch that I gave my Grandson for Christmas ..

I'd be grateful for some information as to how you will be taking this forward - sasd but true, the only time I wear my Huawei is when my Pebble needs charging !!
Please add custom watchfaces OR some desend watchfaces
Userlevel 1
All good with my watch as well, no cropped numbers.

Hi there,

@DexMark Sorry for the stupid question, but could you please advise what do the two circles represent? I get the step count, but what are the other two? And what is the one with 39?

Thanks in advance,

V
Userlevel 1
Such a let down .. To me a smart watch should be so much more than a fitness tracker .... and tbh this is nothing but a fitness tracker with a few limited and uninspired watch faces ... A major failure in my eyes - Hope that the tech will look at this and realise how far short of basic expectation they have fallen.

Huawei seem to be living on a name - the capability of this is less than the £25 watch that I gave my Grandson for Christmas ..

I'd be grateful for some information as to how you will be taking this forward - sasd but true, the only time I wear my Huawei is when my Pebble needs charging !!

Yeah right. I'm sure your kid's watch does continuous heart rate tracking, can read notifications, monitors his sleep,and has a 14 day battery life. Get a life. Every review out there explains that this is more of a fitness tracker disguised as a smartwatch. If you didn't know that going in, it's your own fault for not doing a shred of research before you purchased.
Ii stand by my previous remarks - I agree that the 14 day battery life is impressive as is the 4 days my Grandson gets with his cheap watch compared to my Apple watch. His watch has bluetooth connectivity and is linked to his phone for text and other notifications. The fitness application on the P20 Pro is adequate, but I have seen and used better, The lack of other applications is a let down, as are the sterile and limited watch faces.

I got the watch as a deal with the P20 Pro (which incidentally is amazing) at the time of order, there was very little detailed information about the watch available. The point of my being let down is that as a £200 watch, it's not really a Smart Watch, just a Smart Heath Checker. Personally, if I had had the option I would have paid extra for different.

The key concern I have about the watch is that Huawei have elected to go with their own OS and not follow the trend of most of the other manufacturers,

I am pleased that you (Xphyle) are so happy with your watch, but not that impressed with your ability to read and comprehend English. Your remark is offensive and I am not aware of what benefit it brings to this thread. If you take the time to read the rest of the thread, it appears that pretty much everyone has the same complaint/query.
Userlevel 1
Ii stand by my previous remarks - I agree that the 14 day battery life is impressive as is the 4 days my Grandson gets with his cheap watch compared to my Apple watch. His watch has bluetooth connectivity and is linked to his phone for text and other notifications. The fitness application on the P20 Pro is adequate, but I have seen and used better, The lack of other applications is a let down, as are the sterile and limited watch faces.

I got the watch as a deal with the P20 Pro (which incidentally is amazing) at the time of order, there was very little detailed information about the watch available. The point of my being let down is that as a £200 watch, it's not really a Smart Watch, just a Smart Heath Checker. Personally, if I had had the option I would have paid extra for different.

The key concern I have about the watch is that Huawei have elected to go with their own OS and not follow the trend of most of the other manufacturers,

I am pleased that you (Xphyle) are so happy with your watch, but not that impressed with your ability to read and comprehend English. Your remark is offensive and I am not aware of what benefit it brings to this thread. If you take the time to read the rest of the thread, it appears that pretty much everyone has the same complaint/query.

Your points are all valid. But I don't understand why you find my comment offensive. Your complaints are the same ones highlighted in literally every professional review out there for the GT. It's less of a smart watch and more of a fitness tracker. I'm perfectly fine with that. I put my Samsung S3 Frontier in the drawer when this watch arrived. I was tired of charging it every single day. Only thing I miss is the custom watch faces. Everything else I'm 100% ok with.