Answered

GT Watch WiFi questions

• 8 August 2019
  • 2 replies

I'm looking to buy the GT watch and currently have the mate 20 pro. It says it doesn't have WiFi in the watch so I get if it's not connected to the phone I won't get notifications but if I go on a run without my phone, will the watch still track my run through its GPS etc without the WiFi from my phone?
icon

Best answer by andygev35 8 August 2019, 02:34

I'm looking to buy the GT watch and currently have the mate 20 pro. It says it doesn't have WiFi in the watch so I get if it's not connected to the phone I won't get notifications but if I go on a run without my phone, will the watch still track my run through its GPS etc without the WiFi from my phone?
Yes it’ll still track your progress. WiFi is completely irrelevant. The only connection the watch has is over Bluetooth. As I understand it, if the watch is connected to your phone while you’re running, it’ll use your phone’s GPS to track your progress. If you run without your phone, it’ll use its own GPS.
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge
Yes it’ll still track your progress. WiFi is completely irrelevant. The only connection the watch has is over Bluetooth. As I understand it, if the watch is connected to your phone while you’re running, it’ll use your phone’s GPS to track your progress. If you run without your phone, it’ll use its own GPS.
GT communicates with your smartphone by BLUETOOTH not WIFI. So if you want to receive notifications on your watch gt, you are supposed to connect gt to your phone by BLUETOOTH, and turn on notifications on your phone.