Question

Huawei Health for iOS - 10 steps behind Android!

Userlevel 1
  • Crouching Tiger
  • 15 replies
Dear all,
the Huawei Health app for iOS is still one major version (and several functionalities) behind Android. On iOS we have v8.x, on Android there's v9.x

We have:
  • no tiles on main page
  • no in-depth sleep analysis tips (with high/low/normal mentions)
  • no sleep export
  • no zoom in graphs
  • no timeline axis scroll button in graphs
  • no comparison chart with overlays of other stat graphs (ex: cycling speed vs altitude vs heart rate)
  • no watch face market (yes even the default one)
  • no train tab in the "exercise" section
  • no accurate gps route display on the map because it's using other map provider (yes i tested viewing same cycling workout on an iphone and on a samsung s7, and on the iphone i seem to cut thru buildings, whereas the map displayed on S7 was accurate)
  • less workout export templates
  • etc, etc...
@Ove @Amy @Danjl @Max When can we expect this major Health app version also on IOS?????
Thank you for your replies and some positive action in this sense towards the development team.

To quote your CEO, Ren Zhengfei:
"Apple is my teacher, it advanced in front of us. As a student, why should I oppose my teacher? I would never do it,"

This is no way to treat your teacher, Mr. Huawei 🙂

12 replies

Userlevel 2
I don’t think there is even a slight interest for them to make the iOS Health App better because they are selling phones as well with Android system, so they see an opportunity for more Huawei phones if the customer gets fed up with the iOS interface with the watch... Are the makers of the GTR producing their own phones?
Userlevel 2
Nothing changed for months...
Hi all,

Regarding your inquiry, rest assure the feedback is escalated for our developer team and as soon as it will be a resolution from you, we'll update the topic.
Hope it helps.

Best.
Charlie T.🤓

Hello @CharlieT is there any update on this topic?

Thank you,
Huawei Health app sucks & I’ve been told that there is not much iOS users, so they don’t really know what’s wrong with the app. There should be no difference between the apps of platforms iOS and Android
Hello,

is there any update on this subject?
Yes I'm an iphone user and can't even change 1 watch face. Features are poor, it seems that the iOS app has basically been abandoned, and they expect everyone to use Android.

As such, I would not recommend this watch for iOS users at all.
Userlevel 1
Hi all,

Regarding your inquiry, rest assure the feedback is escalated for our developer team and as soon as it will be a resolution from you, we'll update the topic.
Hope it helps.

Best.
Charlie T.🤓

Hi Charlie, you surely mean a resolution "for" not "from" me, right? 🙂
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi all,

Hope it helps.

Best.
Charlie T.🤓
Userlevel 5
Badge
@Ove @Amy @Max @Danjl
Any official update from support channels please?

Don't waste your time @ice . You won't get any updates from anyone at Huawei.
Userlevel 1
@Ove @Amy @Max @Danjl
Any official update from support channels please?
Userlevel 1
Hi Ice,

Welcome on the community and thank you for sharing your feedback! :)

I flagged your post for our support team and they will be able to share this with the developers.

Thanks Amy, can you please follow up on the internal channels and let us know the official status on iOS development of the Health app? The Watch GT is a much worse experience on iOS than on Android.
If Xiaomi can do it (no difference in Mi Fit app on both platforms), so i assume Huawei can too.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Ice,

Welcome on the community and thank you for sharing your feedback! 🙂

I flagged your post for our support team and they will be able to share this with the developers.