• 64 replies
Huawei Releases HUAWEI WATCH GT 2 for Powerful and Upgraded Fitness Experience

Show first post

64 replies

Userlevel 3
OH, iOS users getting fu..ed again..
https://consumer.huawei.com/en/wearables/watch-gt2/assistant/
music not available on iOS. requires Huawei/Honor phones

1. Availability may vary by regions and requires HUAWEI/Honor Smartphone, support HUAWEI Music version 12.11.7.X or above. Music supports mp3 and LC-AAC formats. This feature is not supported on iOS.
nice, Huawei...
Userlevel 4
OH, iOS users getting fu..ed again..
https://consumer.huawei.com/en/wearables/watch-gt2/assistant/
music not available on iOS. requires Huawei/Honor phones

1. Availability may vary by regions and requires HUAWEI/Honor Smartphone, support HUAWEI Music version 12.11.7.X or above. Music supports mp3 and LC-AAC formats. This feature is not supported on iOS.
nice, Huawei...

What do you mean not supported? The player is built in within the watch, isn't it? You don't have to carry a phone with you to play music
Userlevel 3
How are you going to download the music in the watch?
Userlevel 4
I see, so from ios the health app or any huawei app cannot pass data to the watch except firmware updates. This is totally unacceptable.
Userlevel 3

we don't know how yet for sure, but that info reg. iOS on the official GT2 page is already a big disappointment.
again. i'd laugh my ass off if you'd need only Huawei/Honor phones to do that, not just any android phone 🙂
Userlevel 4

How are you going to download the music in the watch?we don't know how yet for sure, but that info reg. iOS on the official GT2 page is already a big disappointment.
again. i'd laugh my ass off if you'd need only Huawei/Honor phones to do that, not just any android phone :)

But in order to copy some mp3s you only need a USB connection with a pc, Mac... It will be outrageous if you are not able to do that
Userlevel 3
Yes but why put something on an app that users cannot use but can see? I also notice there is something call My Plans but it does not have any plans in it or as far as I can tell a way to add any plans is this also for the new watch or just for the Chinese market? Users in china have the stress (trurelax) on their Gt models from what I understand this is why this all started.

When I bought this back in August if I had known they were going to the next level I could have waited 8 weeks. Its just polite and good customer relations to update tech that is only just a year old with the latest available firmware, Sports profiles or just over a month in my case....no this model has not been reduced in price!

As far as I can tell the Elegant still does not have the duel timezone or always on option???
Userlevel 5
Badge
As I see it the main crunch is European customers are treated differently, this is far removed and not the case with other providers for example Fitbit or Apple

Can we please have-:
1.The stress option
2. More sports profiles
3. Be treated the same as everyone else
4. Does Huawei still intend to support and improve the Gt version of its watch?

I have a gt Elegant and still don't know if we are owed an update.

what is this forum for if Huawei (moderators) are unable or unwilling to answer fundamental questions?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Thanks for the comments and feedback, appreciate you have lots of feedback on the Watch GT. The development team are listening and, in fact, there is a Wearable Device Usage survey you can complete to help the team better understand your needs.

https://uk.community.huawei.com/watch-gt-50/wearable-device-usage-survey-7687
Userlevel 1
I did the survey and gave my opinion in great detail. I hope someone takes note of the information from the users.
Userlevel 3
Yes me to. I only just bought mine
Userlevel 3
I sure hope that they see the common denominator: CONSISTENCY.
A customer should be treated the same regardless of country or type of phone used to pair with the watch. For example: I don’t find a good reason why just a simple watch face update cannot be offered to every country that the watch is officially sold... same thing for iPhone users... Huawei advertises that is compatible with iOS 9 or better, but the iPhone users can’t even download a single watchface (not to mention other fitness options). Other makers offer more options for iPhone users. Huawei has a great opportunity that they aren’t taking advantage of: a decent product that looks like a real watch, AND Apple doesn’t have it. Make it more attractive to the iPhone users and you got yourself more market share... Apple users aren’t to be ignored, especially in North America...
Userlevel 3
So say all of us.
Userlevel 5
Badge
What?!!! "survey we can complete to help the team better understand your needs"?

Look at this - https://uk.community.huawei.com/watch-gt-50/huawei-watch-gt-liteos-huawei-health-bugs-and-suggestions-869 This is what we need.

What's next? Will the team prepare a new update? Next year or two? You have nothing for us - this survey is proof.
Userlevel 3
any chinese members can pls translate what functions are NOT available for iOS?
29BB5F92BC994638873430838D9311BC62309367CC326E44.jpg
Userlevel 4
Hmmm, looks like I and the rest of my ‘cabbage club’ oldies need to review our plans concerning buying a GT 2. Thanks everyone for your comments I can tell how angry, disappointed and let-down all of you who already have brought one feel. But for those like us, who were just about to purchase one, your comments and views are and have been so valuable.
So based on your findings would you, recommend an alternative that works with our Huawei phones or should we hold back and wait to see if any of your concerns are acted on and rectified?

Thanks Guys.
Userlevel 5
Badge
any chinese members can pls translate what functions are NOT available for iOS?29BB5F92BC994638873430838D9311BC62309367CC326E44.jpg

@Ove, from China - translate it, please.

If you do this - it will be the most helpful thing you can do for us. Thank you and have a nice day.
Userlevel 4
Hmmm, looks like I and the rest of my ‘cabbage club’ oldies need to review our plans concerning buying a GT 2. Thanks everyone for your comments I can tell how angry, disappointed and let-down all of you who already have brought one feel. But for those like us, who were just about to purchase one, your comments and views are and have been so valuable.
So based on your findings would you, recommend an alternative that works with our Huawei phones or should we hold back and wait to see if any of your concerns are acted on and rectified?

Thanks Guys.

That depends on your budget and what you will purchase your watch for. There are serious watches out there that do the job
Userlevel 4
Thanks for the comments and feedback, appreciate you have lots of feedback on the Watch GT. The development team are listening and, in fact, there is a Wearable Device Usage survey you can complete to help the team better understand your needs.

You are joking right, what exactly are they listening to and what problem have they fixed, or added a feature which is requested by the customers ? They don't even give a meaningful response in the threads, beside - "Your requests have been passed on to the development team ..." . If the development team can't implement a trivial feature like gpx export/import in 9-10 months then fire them (some of us are actually developers and know actually know how much time it takes and so on ... ). The simple truth is that you (Huawei) don't care about the customers and their feed back and requests, at least the ones outside of china...so in my opinion GO TRUMP !
Userlevel 5
Badge

You are joking right,

This is not joking. In my opinion, this is arrogance and insolence. Please forgive me but this is not how you should treat your customers. There is such a thing as business ethics.
Userlevel 2
Hi does anybody know if the watch gt2 have liteOS or HarmonyOS?
When it has liteOS too, it would be easy to huawei to integrate changes from the gt2 to the gt.
maybe they will see that their momentary behavior isn't good for their future buisness.
Userlevel 5
Badge
@up - liteos
Userlevel 2
Does the music control feature will be available on the GT 1st Gen? (Just to control the music playing on the smartphone)
Userlevel 5
Badge
Does the music control feature will be available on the GT 1st Gen? (Just to control the music playing on the smartphone)

No
Userlevel 2
Was thinking about to get the GT 2, but when i see how Huawei Devs don't give a single fnck to the feedbacks from users and Huawei mods here never answer when we suggest or repport something.