Sticky News

Huawei Releases HUAWEI WATCH GT 2 for Powerful and Upgraded Fitness Experience

• 19 September 2019
  • 64 replies
Huawei Releases HUAWEI WATCH GT 2 for Powerful and Upgraded Fitness Experience

Show first post

64 replies

Userlevel 4
Was thinking about to get the GT 2, but when i see how Huawei Devs don't give a single fnck to the feedbacks from users and Huawei mods here never answer when we suggest or repport something.
To be honest I wouldn't advice you to go for it, as our experience with Watch GT is pretty bad. The product has a lot of bugs and support is not good at all. There are more serious brands out there specialized in wearables. You will pay a little more but you will get a good product that will last in time.
Userlevel 3
to see what this thread is turning into, it's sad and funny at the same time.
but to see huawei staff not reacting in any way, or give proper qualified feedback and solutions to a growing number of complains (some of which clearly affect the GT2 as well), it's utter stupidity. Sorry but it's the truth.
Userlevel 4
to see what this thread is turning into, it's sad and funny at the same time.
but to see huawei staff not reacting in any way, or give proper qualified feedback and solutions to a growing number of complains (some of which clearly affect the GT2 as well), it's utter stupidity. Sorry but it's the truth.

It's also a good sign to realize how things are and how you need to react as a consumer. It's not something that happened in a day, it's now more than a year where complaints have taken place, with no honest responds.
Userlevel 2
Fun fact : The Watch GT sub forum is the one with the most replies. And Huawei still doesn't give a fnck.
Userlevel 4
Fun fact : The Watch GT sub forum is the one with the most replies. And Huawei still doesn't give a fnck.
As I wrote in another thread, want to bet that it'll be one of those that will not be transferred to the new community home ?
Userlevel 2
I don't know what to do...
Tried the Amazfit GTR 42mm, it's the worst garbage ever. So much thing badly made, vibrations are awful (weak, and VERY VERY loud ! So much annoying)

I want a watch with great battery life like the Watch GT but Huawei doesn't listen the feedbacks 🙄
Userlevel 1
Personally, I love my GT. It's almost perfect. For my needs at least. Now the GT 2 is here and it's one step closer to perfect as it has music storage.

That said, I'll not be buying one until like almost every other manufacturer, they allow me to at the very least, export data from Huawei Health to Strava.

Fix that and I'll buy a GT 2 today.
Userlevel 3
My 2 cents about the whole story:

People who have chosen to buy a GT (like I did), bought it mainly for two or three reasons (and their expectations surely have been met so far): long battery life, 5 ATM waterproofing, and why not, style and materials used. They all knew (WE all knew) it is not a smartwatch (strictly speaking), it has a proprietary and closed OS (so no fancy addons, no apps and so on)... all this having been said, we opened our wallets and bought it. Because we liked it.

Now answer a simple question: why in the world one would dump it and go for a GT2 which is basically the same device with a speaker, a microphone and some pretty graphics, but is FAR from being something different like, say, a "smartwatch" ? The hardware Huawei added probably will just shorten battery life (#1 reason for GT's success), and will increase chances of failure. And, if I wanted a James Bond watch to make phone calls and vocally control my devices, I would simply have gone for another brand (and another OS as well).

As I stated in another thread, I'm not even going to look at the GT2 (let alone buying one), simply because I think it's totally useless. I'd rather stay with my GT (I bought it less than 2 months ago, let's see how long it's going to last), and I'd really really love to see people at Huawei going the extra mile and giving me the support I deserve as a Customer and a User.

I'm aware it's probably not gonna happen, but as we say in Italy, "hope is the last one to die". Call me a stupid, but each and every day I keep tapping on the "check firmware updates" button, maybe one day...

The worst part of it all is that all those people who bought (and will buy) a GT2 as their first Huawei watch, will probably share our destiny: two or three updates, some minor bug fixes, then nothing more.

Wash, rinse, repeat: wait for a GT3, then a GT4, then what ? (yeah I know, GT5. Easy! )

I just hope the hardware is sturdy as it seems: If my GT will be so kind to last for two or three years, I'll be satisfied. Let's see, I'm still confident.

EDIT: P.S.: sorry for mistakes, misspellings or typos, English is not my native language (as you will probably have noticed 😉 )
Userlevel 4

No, some of us got it as a fitness watch, which it was advertised for but fails miserably because of no 3-rd party service integration of the HEATH APP. As I've written before the problem is not with the watch, but with the health app, the worst company support ever and the dual standard for chainees and other users. As to the battery and the other things, for example, the garmin fenix 3 lasts longer, tracks more accurately , has 3-rd party integration and despite being older then this watch, still gets regular  updates.

Userlevel 3

I surely don’t want to start a flame war here, and partially I agree with you,@Joretogt … just to explain myself better, what I’m complaining about here is the Huawei marketing policy.

The watch itself is OK, and the app, well, it does what you expect it to do (with some limitations and glitches): we are talking about a device which sits in the 200 euro zone, not asking for miracles here. The sensors are quite fine, the app has its problems, I know… it won’t never beat a Garmin (or even a Polar, Suunto, you name it) thing… we’re talking about devices which will cost you double the price, I wouldn’t place them on the same level for a comparison (actually, they’re not comparable at all).

An old latin motto says “caveat emptor” (something like “the buyer has to be careful”), and what I’m trying to say is that I’m not complaining about things I perfectly knew when I bought the watch: the thing I just can’t take is that Huawei is somehow limiting the potential of a device just to sell the next version. In other words, the GT isn’t allowed to work at 100% of its capabilities so that users will be forced to buy another slightly upgraded gizmo that would not be fully working again, and so on.

That’s not fair. And it’s stupid. Maybe it will sell some more pieces in the short term, but in the long run it’s not gonna work. Few companies in the world are allowed to act like this: Apple for instance, or some major automotive brands, but Huawei ain’t Apple, they’ll better learn it soon, or they’re bound to fail.

Userlevel 3

In response I get what your saying but some other 200 Euro models for example the Versa offer much more and I could go on.

I agree with you though when you say Huawei are on a losing wicket with this one.. Consumers don't like to be treated this way. 

They have had the health app since at least 2017 to my knowledge that's how long I have my Huawei phone!!!! should have been plenty of time to iron out the bugs.

Let's make stuff that lasts at least a couple of years or pay once for a super all singing all dancing version, which is what I could do... Two months ago I paid 199 Euro for this if I now want to upgrade the expected price is 239 Euro... Here's a hint Huawei it's not happening this will be my first and last health tracker from you😡

Apprently no more provements then if the memory is so inferior. 

So buyer beware, could turn into manufacturer beware. 

Run away from this! I am so happy to sell my GT. To use Huawei Watch? Never again!

No stravia connection, most poor Bluetooth connection (it don't reconnect BT automatically), bad always on screen function.

Userlevel 5
Badge

most poor Bluetooth connection (it don't reconnect BT automatically),

Yes, but since last FW update and last Huawei Health app update it works for me without any problems.

Userlevel 3

GT2?? Are you kidding? 

It is better for me to burn my money instead of buying GT watch. I don't even think about it, unfortunately I bought GT1 and it was a joke, 8 months without fixing any single bug! Even Whatsapp notifications is not working properly in that watch. I tried to sell it but I found nobody, I put it in the drawer and bought Samsung active2 which is AWESOME.

Huawei, you are still not ready to release your own watch software, don't ask people to pay to be a beta testers for your incomplete product.