Huawei Watch Face Maker v.0.1 beta

Show first post

325 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I fix it...turned off auto save 🙂 It is fine now
Userlevel 6
So something happened, and the tool bar is just blue and cannot click on anything, tried to delete the app, download new, open and nothing...cleared cache, registry...etc...nothing.

@Mikich_Blaz

Delete the folder c:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\hfm and try again.
It must be differences in the preferences file across versions.

@dodge Can you please do not limit the widget number to 20, only a warning.
Because I have a watchface with 31 widget's and work perfectly.
Only altitude widget is always 0.
Thanks ๐Ÿ˜

@palafix

No problem, I was in fact thinking of limiting, but the warning will also work.
When reaching 20 widgets, a one time warning will be generated stating:

There have been reports of bricked watches when HWTs with more than 20 widgets are imported. Proceed at your own risk!

The Altitude always at 0 must be because you're indoors? I believe the altitude is read from GPS.
I checked the XML and it's correctly generated.

hi Dodge, the problem occours when i forget to give the widget a name. i get the error message, than i give it a name and then it tells me the widget already exsits. alredy happend with date_high. can i delete for myself the ghost entries? in version 062b i have no problems to delete and make new entries from the same type.

and many thanks for the fixed file, i already screwed it up :-)

Torsten

@Torsten_H

I still can't reproduce it.
It might be the same problem palafix has, try deleting the folder c:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\hfm and restart Face Maker.
Unfortunately you can't fix the "ghost entries", it has to be me, sorry.

Already available in my Google Drive, the latest version v0.264b featuring:
  • custom font upload: you can use whatever font you like from now on. Import them on the Top menu->Edit->Preferences and they will be available when creating widgets. Only true type fonts are supported for now.
  • 20 widget limit warning;
  • Several optimizations and bug fixes;
  • Whitespaces disabled on the Theme name input field, to prevent the whitespaces in path problem.

I do recommend you delete the c:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\hfm before trying this version.

Enjoy 🙂
Userlevel 4
Hey everyone, i dont know whats wrong. i finally get all togehther with my watchface in version 0.6.4. i found a solution to fix the libpng error with wrong srgb attached to a png. the export works flawlessly without any errors. but when i try to instell the watchface i can select the + top right, get the prompt this is for developer only, can select the file, the health beta stays white for a moment and switches back to the previous window. first it shows unpair, and then load all the settings for the clock. i use health app 9.0.5.305-wearBeta. maybe someone has a idea. attached the hfm file, that has for some reasons with the new version no extension. and the compiled hwt file. maybe anyone find a error i make.

Torsten
Userlevel 1
If you know this already, never mind, but: you need to use a 3rd party file browser, and you need to explicitly browse to the folder the hwt is in from the file root each time (so if it remembered the path from the last time you still need to switch to the root folder and go up the folders again one by one). Dont ask me why, i also didnt believe this'd make any difference first, but yeah.
Userlevel 6
Hey everyone, i dont know whats wrong. i finally get all togehther with my watchface in version 0.6.4. i found a solution to fix the libpng error with wrong srgb attached to a png. the export works flawlessly without any errors. but when i try to instell the watchface i can select the + top right, get the prompt this is for developer only, can select the file, the health beta stays white for a moment and switches back to the previous window. first it shows unpair, and then load all the settings for the clock. i use health app 9.0.5.305-wearBeta. maybe someone has a idea. attached the hfm file, that has for some reasons with the new version no extension. and the compiled hwt file. maybe anyone find a error i make.

Torsten

I'm using 9.0.6.301 and it all just works, let me know and I'll upload this version to my Google drive. Anyway, I'm far too advanced into reverse engineering the health app, wait a couple more versions and we'll all be able to upload directly to the watch directly from Face Maker.

Later today, font awesome graphics available on the graphics generator. You'll no longer need to create graphics for weather type and unread messages status.

Soon, you'll all be able to generate graphics from any (free) font awesome glyph, except for battery, it needs 10 images and font awesome only has 4.

Thank you all, this software will always be free, this is a promise. When I reach version 1.0, I'll make a new site where everyone will be able to upload their face, and donating will be an option, but not mandatory.

Cheers!
Userlevel 7
Badge
Thank you all, this software will always be free, this is a promise. When I reach version 1.0, I'll make a new site where everyone will be able to upload their face, and donating will be a option, but not mandatory.

Cheers!

Sounds fantastic.
Userlevel 6
Here we go, v0.65b, and I'm nearly managing to upload the HWT to the watch.
Next version will feature just that, and also, auto-upgrade each time you start Face Maker, so you'll no longer need to download a new version.
For now, enjoy font awesome graphics generation for weather and messages!

Check out the video:

Thank you so much for all the help and bug reporting, you've all been so helpful!

Download from my google drive.
Userlevel 2
Thank, is add string 'ยฐC'
Userlevel 4
If you know this already, never mind, but: you need to use a 3rd party file browser, and you need to explicitly browse to the folder the hwt is in from the file root each time (so if it remembered the path from the last time you still need to switch to the root folder and go up the folders again one by one). Dont ask me why, i also didnt believe this'd make any difference first, but yeah.

Many many thanks for this tip, this was the solution. it now all works fine :-)

Torsten

@dodge

2 more things i found

the misaligned lower left corner consists still
am/pm doesnt show on generated watchface.

for the first glitch, maybe its how background image and widgets are work together. i moved the temperature 5 pixels up and visually its now in line. for the second, i replaced it with a static 24H to fill the place.

im happy now with my watchface 🙂 thanks for all helpers.
and who will try it for yourself, here you go.

Torsten
Userlevel 2
Help , Rotate Image create !

Userlevel 4
@Lethigai1980

good morning, for a quick and dirty solution, generate the images, make a build export , grab the images from watchface/res and rotate them in your graphics programm of choice. then import them to select image by clicking on the image. maybe you need to rename them first so the order is right.

Torsten
Userlevel 4
one thing i see, the right bar on my watchface grows from top to bottom, is there a chance to switch the way the circle widget grows? i tried update arc start, but that doesnt change anything.

Torsten
Userlevel 1
one thing i see, the right bar on my watchface grows from top to bottom, is there a chance to switch the way the circle widget grows? i tried update arc start, but that doesnt change anything.

Torsten

Yea I noticed that as well since using your watch face... Great work by the way
Userlevel 3

Here we go, v0.65b, and I'm nearly managing to upload the HWT to the watch.
Next version will feature just that, and also, auto-upgrade each time you start Face Maker, so you'll no longer need to download a new version.
For now, enjoy font awesome graphics generation for weather and messages!

Check out the video:

Thank you so much for all the help and bug reporting, you've all been so helpful!

Download from my google drive.

Mr. dodge don't you mind, is it okay for 'huawei_watch_face_maker.exe v0.65b' to display properties version 0.6.4.0?

Userlevel 7
Badge
Just some feedback for you @dodge... This tool is maturing very nicely but there's still one thing keeping me from transitioning over to it completely. I'm thinking this is probably on the roadmap, but we need the ability to rotate selectImage widgets, if for no other reason than this:

This can probably be accomplished during the image generation process, but it may be more practical to be able to manipulate in the preview window.

Also, a bug in the preview images generated when building the hwt file, the layer order of the texturemapper widgets isn't followed correctly. The image above is correct, but the image below is what's generated.

Thank you for this excellent work and I'm eagerly anticipating the complete stand-alone Bluetooth version.
Userlevel 2
Just some feedback for you @dodge... This tool is maturing very nicely but there's still one thing keeping me from transitioning over to it completely. I'm thinking this is probably on the roadmap, but we need the ability to rotate selectImage widgets, if for no other reason than this:

This can probably be accomplished during the image generation process, but it may be more practical to be able to manipulate in the preview window.

Also, a bug in the preview images generated when building the hwt file, the layer order of the texturemapper widgets isn't followed correctly. The image above is correct, but the image below is what's generated.

Thank you for this excellent work and I'm eagerly anticipating the complete stand-alone Bluetooth version.

๐Ÿ˜
Userlevel 7
Badge

๐Ÿ˜

Iโ€™m right there with ya...

Userlevel 6
@GEC

Yeah, I forgot to change the version on the exe before compiling, but it is v0.65b ;)

@andygev35

Thanks, I'm aware of the generated image bug.
The image generation is an async function, and although the layers are processed in order, some get done faster, and the order changes. I should be able to solve that by implementing a sleep() after each layer is processed. That will increment the generation time, but not by that much.
Thank you for reminding me of this, it'll be addressed in the next version ;)

Concerning the rotation, it already exists, for ALL widgets, but I disabled it some versions ago, because I was applying the rotation imediately in the preview. If you rotated once or twice, it wasn't a problem, but if you rotated several times (when fine adjusting for example), the image would lose quality, because each time you rotate, I'd calculate the rotation and efectively would change each pixel in the image.
After a few iterations, the image would lose quality and become fuzzy. I hope this makes sense.

What I have to do is rotate on the preview but don't mess with the image pixels until the image is generated and only then, apply the rotation. It should be fairly easy to do, I'll find some time to do it today.
Userlevel 7
Badge
@GEC

Yeah, I forgot to change the version on the exe before compiling, but it is v0.65b ;)

@andygev35

Thanks, I'm aware of the generated image bug.
The image generation is an async function, and although the images are processed in order, some get done faster, and the order changes. I should be able to solve that by implementing a sleep() after each image is generated. That will increment the generation time, but not by that much.
Thank you for reminding me of this, it'll be addressed in the next version ;)

Concerning the rotation, it already exists, for ALL widgets, but I disabled it some versions ago, because I was applying the rotation imediately in the preview. If you rotated once or twice, it wasn't a problem, but if you rotated several times (when fine adjusting for example), the image would lose quality, because each time you rotate, I'd calculate the rotation and efectively would change each pixel in the image.
After a few iterations, the image would lose quality and become fuzzy. I hope this makes sense.

What I have to do is rotate on the preview but don't mess with the image pixels until the image is generated and only then, apply the rotation. It should be fairly easy to do, I'll find some time to do it today.

It makes perfect sense because the behavior is identical in photoshop if you rotate the same image over and over, the image degrades slightly every time. Not very noticeable the first few times but the more you do it, the worse it gets.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
What i do is after apply every rotation I undo to the primary position, and then go to the next as a first. That way i do not lose much quality
Userlevel 1

Torsten

Please update us with the download link if you manage to figure it out. Would greatly appreciate it.
Userlevel 1
The image generation is an async function, and although the layers are processed in order, some get done faster, and the order changes. I should be able to solve that by implementing a sleep() after each layer is processed. That will increment the generation time, but not by that much.

I would suggest to insert each layer into an ordered collection (that was prepared before the async processing of all layers) from the backgroundworkers; this way no sleep is neccessary and the generation can run as fast as possible.

Concerning the rotation, it already exists, for ALL widgets, but I disabled it some versions ago, because I was applying the rotation imediately in the preview. If you rotated once or twice, it wasn't a problem, but if you rotated several times (when fine adjusting for example), the image would lose quality, because each time you rotate, I'd calculate the rotation and efectively would change each pixel in the image.After a few iterations, the image would lose quality and become fuzzy. I hope this makes sense.

Why not keep a copy of the un-rotated image in memory and always rotate "freshly" ?

Cheers
Userlevel 2
Select image : HeartRate High and HeartRate Low ?? help

THank!
Userlevel 7
Badge
Select image : HeartRate High and HeartRate Low ?? help

THank!

Thatโ€™s currently not an available option.
andygev35 any possibility of make the navitimer file available for this software to upload for my GT?

Tks in advance