Answered

Huawei watch GT and bluetooth

• 28 December 2018
  • 42 replies

Userlevel 2
Hello

Since the watch is on my hand during sleep I was wondering if the Bluetooth is always on on the watch and if there is some way to disable it. I don't want bt constantly searching for signal when I'm sleeping.
icon

Best answer by Max 6 February 2019, 20:02

Hi all,

That's a good question for the watch, thank you for bringing this up!

At the moment, the Bluetooth feature is constantly active on the Watch GT devices and there is no feature to turn it off.

Nevertheless, i will forward this to our developers so this will be considered for a future update. Thank you very much for your suggestion!

Best wishes,
Max
View original

42 replies

Userlevel 1
It's a really good question, I'd really like to know how to put the Watch GT into airplane mode while sleeping as well.
Userlevel 2
Sadly you cannot disable the watch Bluetooth. It's a big disadvantage for this watch. Even though it's low frequency still its a permanent radiation emitting exactly to your brain. I would hope that there will be a software update but I think it's difficult to happen
Userlevel 3
Badge
Yet another issue with this, pathetic!
Userlevel 2
Big companies don't respect their customers. Period
I bought the watch and I am very surprised to discover that in 2019 there is a "smart"watch that you can't use in flight mode!

I don't want the BT signal while I am sleeping or I am on an airplane! that's crazy!

I don't know if in a short future they are going to allow this simple and basic future
Userlevel 2
It does make sense to disable bluetooth while in planned no-disturb mode. And for being on an airplane, a separate disable bluetooth switch.
Userlevel 2
Does anyone think it's possible for huawei to embed this feature in future update?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi all,

That's a good question for the watch, thank you for bringing this up!

At the moment, the Bluetooth feature is constantly active on the Watch GT devices and there is no feature to turn it off.

Nevertheless, i will forward this to our developers so this will be considered for a future update. Thank you very much for your suggestion!

Best wishes,
Max
Userlevel 4
Hi

Not being able to stop the bluetooth is a big problem for me that I discover unfortunately after the purchase.
It is a problem for the night and especially that it would save the battery.
Huawei must quickly correct this issue, airplane mode is present on all other serious smartwatches.
Thanks
Christian
Userlevel 2
The good thing is that devs already gave 2 updates in a month. Minor stuff though but they seem to care. Hopefully embedding this must feature for health purposes and battery economy
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
The bluetooth isn't able to be disabled but there is no health risk and no evidence to say it is a health risk. The brick walls of your home emit more radiation.

Having the phone on, with blue tooth and hear rate check enabled the battery lasts well over a week.

I can't see it ever been disabled as there is no current option space in settings.

If you want it disabled then you can always switch the watch off but that defeats the point ad one major function is to monitor heart rate amd sleep patterns.
Userlevel 4
@Nickpap39 yes i hope you're right.

@chillphone it's your opinion about no risk of bluetooth and i respect it, but my opinion is very different. And yes there's no evidence there is health risk but there's no evidence there is not !
All other smartwatchs give the option to their users, so why not huawei ? I just want to have the choice.

So i strongly hope that Huawei give us this simple option to disable Bluetooth. I am going to review this watch and give my opinion and i should prefer told huawei WILL give this choice for their customers even if it isn't possible right now. Please add this option otherwise i don't think i can keep this watch and give a good opinion, health is important.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
To be fair you can switch the watch off if it's a problem for you.
Userlevel 4
yes but i want to be wake up by my smartwatch !
No interest to have a smartwatch and switch off it, i think.

The other solution is also to change smartwatch for a model that give the switch off bluetooth option. But it's a pity, Huawei watch GT have a lot of qualities.
Userlevel 2
To be fair you can switch the watch off if it's a problem for you.
I am most concerned mostly about having the phone on during sleeping where your wrist is attached to the head.
Userlevel 2
I add my request to Huawei developers to give us a way to power off the bluetooth.
Power off the watch is not an option: I want that it coninues to monitor sleep.
Userlevel 2
As a fan of huawei products, I would also like to see and as soon as possible the option to turn Bluetooth off. I consider that the option should be available for the user. It's a matter of choice and it should be given to the owner.
Userlevel 2
I'm curious: leaving the bluetooth off all night, would it get a significant reduction in battery consumption?
The battery duration is one of the biggest PLUS of this watch, but it seems to me that with last firmware version the battery duration has been reduced. So an option that can allow to increase battery duration can really be convenient ...
Userlevel 2
For me personally the battery duration is not a priority even though it was the reason I bought it. The watch is ahead of it's competitors anyway. To be honest I would not mind if the watch lasted 2 or 3 days less but I would love to see custom watchfaces in the future. The ability to turn off the Bluetooth is the no 1 priority for me. I bought the watch a week ago and I have not worn it yet because of the Bluetooth. No matter how low the frequency is, I don't want it, specially while sleeping. I was very disappointed when I found it out and I hope that the developers will enable this function very soon - else I'm thinking of selling the watch and buying another one.
Userlevel 4
And i don't remember where exactly I saw it, but i have read that the Bluetooth is disable while a firmware is updating. So if this information is true, it's just a menu to add to toggle bluetooth on or off. And for me too, if I can't disable bluetooth for the night, I will selling this pretty watch. It's a pity.
Userlevel 2
New update today. How hard can it be to add a button that turns the Bluetooth off ?
Userlevel 4
I'm so agree with you !
Userlevel 2
Is there a chance bt is set to be always on so there is syncing all the time and thus helping each other about precision of the readings? Just a thought.
Userlevel 4
when the phone is off, bt on watch gt can be off.
Userlevel 2
when the phone is off, bt on watch gt can be off.
No. It can't unfortunately. The watch is always searching for bt signal