Answered

Huawei watch GT and bluetooth

• 28 December 2018
  • 37 replies

Show first post

37 replies

Userlevel 4
Yes I know ! I'm doing my best to have Huawei put this option
Hi, ai just bought the watch yesterday for main purpose of heart monitoring. I used to own a Garmin Vivosmart prior. I always had Bluetooth off on my Garmin device (simply feature under settings)

I have been searching since yesterday for the function to turn off Bluetooth. I would have never thought that it is not possible to turn it not off.

As I need to monitor my heart rate also in the night this is a huge disadvantage. I don't think that Bluetooth is very healthy to be emitted to 24/7 a day. While studies vary if Bluetooth is dangerous or not, I don't think I want to take the risk directly at my wrist.

Hence, quick decision in selling the Watch GT and going back to Garmin 😞 Quite sad because I like all other features of the watch.
Userlevel 4
I am so agree with you !
I talked about this problem of turning off bluetooth but huawei doesn't listen and i don't undersand why the customer can't have this choice.

And like you, i am selling my gt on ebay. I purchased a garmin instinct few days ago and wait for it.
I'm tired of Huawei.
Userlevel 1
Yes, and I am tired of stupid answers as "you can turn off your watch" or "you can turn off your phone", or "bluetooth is not dangerous" or "the emission is low". Give me the possibility to choose! Is it so difficoult to understand?
Yes, and I am tired of stupid answers as "you can turn off your watch" or "you can turn off your phone", or "bluetooth is not dangerous" or "the emission is low". Give me the possibility to choose! Is it so difficoult to understand?

Fully agree! Also we can save some battery with this...
Userlevel 1
i just bought this watch and is quite mad that there is no option to stop the bluetooth from working without turning off the watch!! We don't want to be radiated with any frequency except that time we wish to be radiated..! FIX IT SOON...i will not recommend this watch to anyone from my colleagues who liked it a lot.
Userlevel 2
I don't think they care about consumers opinions. In general. Not huawei particularly.
seriously considering switching to another watch if I can't switch off Bluetooth
i just bought this watch and is quite mad that there is no option to stop the bluetooth from working without turning off the watch!! We don't want to be radiated with any frequency except that time we wish to be radiated..! FIX IT SOON...i will not recommend this watch to anyone from my colleagues who liked it a lot.
totally agree!! I will do the same
Userlevel 1
Hi all,

That's a good question for the watch, thank you for bringing this up!

At the moment, the Bluetooth feature is constantly active on the Watch GT devices and there is no feature to turn it off.

Nevertheless, i will forward this to our developers so this will be considered for a future update. Thank you very much for your suggestion!

Best wishes,
Max

Hi Max,

It has been 5-7 months since this conversation started and from what I see in the forum no answer has been given yet.

May I ask please if developers are aware of this issue that the users would really appreciate if it could be fixed;

Is there any official answer on whether this is an issue that can and will be fixed or not;

Thank you a lot in advance
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hey everyone!

This was escalated and we're working on finding out the answer.

Should we have any news, we'll make sure you guys will know about it.
Userlevel 3
Hey everyone!

This was escalated and we're working on finding out the answer.

Should we have any news, we'll make sure you guys will know about it.

I hope for everyone's sake that you will find a solution because, given the number of users of Android 9 "non-Huawei/Honor", you have disappointed many many customers by not quickly solving such a serious problem.

A customer is difficult to retain, but once disappointed, it will take a long time to return.

And I am very disappointed and frustrated because I love this watch, and that I find almost no disappointment in it for my expectations and use. If there were not this serious problem, I would find it perfect at this time, given the competition at this price.