Huawei Watch GT - Battery drain after the last update ( 1.0.3.88 )

Good day ,

Has anyone noticed the battery drain after the last update ( 1.0.3.88 )

%50 of the battery , gave me only 3 days in normal use

Another thing , is there a way to make the ( rise to wake up ) enabled in the ( Don't disturb ) mode?

Last thing , when I receive notification in Arabic language It appears empty , can you please ask the Developers to support the Arabic language?

48 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
Battery drain has been highlighted. This is most likely down to the raise wrist to wake sensitivity increase. Your screen will be on more than it used to be because of this. The drain on your battery will also depend on how much you use the functions such as GPS.
Userlevel 2
I think the great different between a long and "short" battery life ist how often the display go on. I wear it on my non dominant hand and have a battery life from 12 days.
MBDeaks wrote:

Battery drain has been highlighted. This is most likely down to the raise wrist to wake sensitivity increase. Your screen will be on more than it used to be because of this. The drain on your battery will also depend on how much you use the functions such as GPS.

I didn't use GPS druing the past 3 days .

Yesterday before the sleep I set the watch to Don't disturb mode and the battery was %18 and when I woke up after 5 hours it dropped to %14 ! Is it normal?
Besen wrote:

I think the great different between a long and "short" battery life ist how often the display go on. I wear it on my non dominant hand and have a battery life from 12 days.

I do the same but the last update has an impact on battery drain in normal use
I have charged the battery completely yesterday , and after full day of using the battery dropped to %90

Heart rate monitor - ON

Rise to wake up - OFF

GPS - OFF

I turned on the screen only a few times druing the day

%10 means the the battery will be finished in 10 days of normal using

What do you think ?
I got only 11 days after fully battery charger , I wish I can get 14 as advertised !

Heart rate and sleep monitor - ON

Rise to wake up - OFF

GPS - OFF all the time
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi all,

After a update it is recommended to unpair and reset the device to ensure no software conflicts remain to slow down the device or cause high battery usage.
Please try doing so and let me know how it works afterwards.

Best wishes,
Max
I used to wear my huawei watch gt-815 with the full function
only 5% daily battery consumption
but when I upgrade it into the 1.0.5.36 version
the battery drains 20% daily
with no change in function
so what is the problem?
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
I think it's operating as intended.

With GPS etc enabled it's guidelines is up to a week with GPS turned off up to 14 days.
Userlevel 1
Hi ALL,
I also have same problem. I noticed that appeared after 1.0.5.36 update.
@Max, I followed your recommendation: "unpair and reset the device" and after that I charged the watch. Now, after 2 days, I have 76% battery. NO GPS, NO training, only true sleep activated, weather / notifications / HR continuous / auto awake screen - are active like it was prior update. Actually, I didn't change any settings but the battery drain way faster.
Userlevel 3
Hi,

I just bought my wath GT since 3 days and i receive the 1.0.5.36 update at the initialisation of my watch. So I can't compare with the previous situation.
After 2 days, I have 65 % battery with one hours of sport per day, but heart rate off.
Is it normal ?
Userlevel 3
Is it possible to go back to the previous firmware by factory reset ?
Will I lost my datas ? I don't think so, but @Max can you confirm ?
Userlevel 1
I get just about 7 days, this is with a couple of runs and a gym in the mix, notifications, sleep tracking
I set to DND in bed, I hate the watch lighting up the room as I roll over!
Im more than happy with 7 days, far greater than any other watch I have owned, I hate having to worry about charging
It would be nice if the watch face can be dimmed even more as when in bed viewing the time is incredibly bright, also a night run can be to bright to view
Userlevel 3
Max wrote:

Hi all,

After a update it is recommended to unpair and reset the device to ensure no software conflicts remain to slow down the device or cause high battery usage.
Please try doing so and let me know how it works afterwards.

Best wishes,
Max

I tried the unpair and reset device, but the battery is not improve. I loose 17-20 % per day.
Userlevel 3
I'm still a little disappointed with the autonomy. When the watch arrived on the market, the autonomy announced was 15 days, and now mine is 5 days with normal use. 15 days may have been true at the beginning, but with the firmware updates, I feel that the battery life is deteriorating rapidly. This is now false advertising, I think ...? What do you think ?
Userlevel 1
Mine can hold +14 days including GPS-tracking.
Userlevel 3
reiche wrote:

Mine can hold +14 days including GPS-tracking.

Uhh !? but Huawei itself says battery duration with GPS tracking is 22 hours !!!
How is it possible ..?
Userlevel 1
I didn't mean +14 days non-stop GPS-tracking 🙂 But +14 days with several running exercises, which totals 4-5 hours.
Userlevel 3
Aaaah ok ! Which number of firmware have you ?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Like @reiche, my battery is giving me up to 2 weeks, that's with continuous heart monitoring, nightly trusleep monitoring, daily smart alarm and notifications, and about 2 hours of GPS (20k running) each week. Pretty amazing really. I'm on 1.0.5.36.
Userlevel 1
I'm on firmware 1.0.5.36 - the latest available (for me).
Userlevel 3
Jmoon wrote:

Like @reiche, my battery is giving me up to 2 weeks, that's with continuous heart monitoring, nightly trusleep monitoring, daily smart alarm and notifications, and about 2 hours of GPS (20k running) each week. Pretty amazing really. I'm on 1.0.5.36.

Exactly like me about the use or the watch. But battery is down after 5 days.
I dont understand, but i'm not alone un this case.
Userlevel 1
Do you have the planned "do not disturb" enabled for the night. It will prevent the display to turn on. It can be enabled in menu located as "drag down" > settings > do not disturb > planned.
Userlevel 3
reiche wrote:

Do you have the planned "do not disturb" enabled for the night. It will prevent the display to turn on. It can be enabled in menu located as "drag down" > settings > do not disturb > planned.

Yes i'got it and the settings is like yours
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hey @Olrik,

After a system update it is also recommended to do a factory reset on the watch. You can do that by having the watch on the charging base and long--pressing one of the buttons.

Let us know if you managed to sort out this issue!
Max

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings