Huawei Watch GT - Battery drain after the last update ( 1.0.3.88 )

• 21 December 2018
  • 48 replies

Show first post

48 replies

Userlevel 4
Thanks for your response but I'm surprised : if I receive a firmware update and then I do a factory reset I will loose the firmware update, no ?
Userlevel 3
Thanks for your response but I'm surprised : if I receive a firmware update and then I do a factory reset I will loose the firmware update, no ?

Nope. Firmware upgrade write permanently the memory of the watch. So, when upgrading watch, you still have last firmware. The real problem, in certain case, is that you can't go back 🙂
Userlevel 4
@Ax0 OK thanks ! It's done and you were right factory reset don't delete firmware update. I will see if it will improving battery duration.
Userlevel 3
Following @Max instructions yesterday night (10pm) I've factory reset my watch due to huge battery drain since last firmware upgrade. This morning (6am) battery was 96% and now is 92%.

The problem still remains.

Please fix it: as I said in another conversation, some other brand have similar product with similar battery life but with more features and much more complete. ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿคจ
Userlevel 4
Following @Max instructions yesterday night (10pm) I've factory reset my watch due to huge battery drain since last firmware upgrade. This morning (6am) battery was 96% and now is 92%.

The problem still remains.

Please fix it: as I said in another conversation, some other brand have similar product with similar battery life but with more features and much more complete. ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿคจ

I also followed the instructions of factory reset ร  10pm yersterday : battery 17%
This morning at 05am battery 16 % (i was happy !)
but today at 10:30am battery 11% --> 5% lost in 5 hours. Exactly as before the factory reset and without heart frequency : 1% per hours --> 100 hours --> 4 days........ 😭
Userlevel 4
Hi

My first battery charge taked 1 hour to reach 100% and then the battery duration has been 6 days (6 days and 5 nights, without heart frequency and 2 runs of 1 hour each with gps), as I showed in previous post.

For the second battery charge, like the first time, it reach 100% in 1 hour, but I I leave the watch on the chargers for 1 hour more. Total 2 hours.
And then my GT Watch spent only 9-10 % per day (24 hours) instead of 16-17% per day for the first charge !

I am only in the beginning of this test (i recharged my watch 2 days ago), but it could be an idea for the battery bug ?!
Perhaps there is a problem with the percentage of charge which go to 100 % too quickly even if the watch isn't charge to the max ?
What do you think ?
Userlevel 3
Interesting.
It is worth continuing to do tests.
Userlevel 2
I must realise that my last charging from 12 feb. only lasted 7 days until today.

Watch has same settings as before, and in this period I had it tracking GPS for ~ 4h45m.

Actually this is comparable to the amount of GPS tracking I recently had in a 14 days period. So it might not be that bad, I can choose to see it as the shorter it lasts, the more training I have done :-)

/M

Hi, i have latest Update 1.0.5.36 and i bought my watch 2 days ago. First night i had it on charge the whole night. In the morning it was 100%, and i had then heartrate on, notification and trusleep on and stand up reminder and weather reports. The battery drained 12% on 24h. I have DND on nights only. Now today after 1,5 day it has gone down 17% and i have turned off heartrate, trusleep, gps, notifications, weather reports and standup reminder. And i have also set screen on 1, not auto. And at this time i am uncertatin the battery will last 2 weeks.

And i noticed that on the Huawei web page it says

30 DAYS, Receive messages & calls. Heartrate monitoring off.

I think that is BS, i like to know what setup i need to have for this 😮
Noticed wasn't so good sine the update. So gave mine a full charge last night & left it on the charger after it got to 100% for a coupler of hours more. Wore it to sleep & it was still showing 100% this morning
Userlevel 3
Hi

My first battery charge taked 1 hour to reach 100% and then the battery duration has been 6 days (6 days and 5 nights, without heart frequency and 2 runs of 1 hour each with gps), as I showed in previous post.

For the second battery charge, like the first time, it reach 100% in 1 hour, but I I leave the watch on the chargers for 1 hour more. Total 2 hours.
And then my GT Watch spent only 9-10 % per day (24 hours) instead of 16-17% per day for the first charge !

I am only in the beginning of this test (i recharged my watch 2 days ago), but it could be an idea for the battery bug ?!
Perhaps there is a problem with the percentage of charge which go to 100 % too quickly even if the watch isn't charge to the max ?
What do you think ?

I tried to do as you suggested and, as you said, on this first day the battery consumption was lower than in last charge cycle.
But battery drain is still more than when I bought the watch. ๐Ÿค”
I'll keep it monitored.
Userlevel 4

Hi

What do you think ?
I tried to do as you suggested and, as you said, on this first day the battery consumption was lower than in last charge cycle.
But battery drain is still more than when I bought the watch. ๐Ÿค”
I'll keep it monitored.

Same for me. My battery is not yet to 0% but after the good first day, battery consomation is very important for the others days.
At the end, my battery will during 6 or 7 days.

So, no improve for me with this method. Perhaps a very little improve because for the first charge, the FC was off, and for the second charge, the FC was on.

But nothing marvellous...
So i wait strongly on Huawei support and the next firmware update. @Max ? 😎
Userlevel 4
ok i finished the test. And it's not good.

After a very good begining the first day, the battery quickly decrease the days after.
At the end, with a full charge, my watch GT come to 0% after less than 7 days. Not even a whole week.. We are far from 2 weeks.

Huawei must fix this problem quickly because it will become a very false advertising. I think returning this watch GT to amazon (for switch to an amazfit stratos or verge..), because we don't have any response from huawei here.I think moderators have no power to help us. They said they give informations to devs team but nothing change (except watch face for chinese new year...)
Userlevel 1
I always keep the watch a extra time after it says is 100% charged. I'm used with my previous activity tracker Nokia (Withings) which If I remove from charger immediately after it say 100% charged, will loose 6 to 10 percent in first day but if I keep the watch 1 hour more on charger, after one day it is still 100% battery and the total is more than 25 days as they specified.

But is not similar to Huawei Watch GT.

After the 1.0.5.36 update, I reset the watch, as Max recommend, twice. The last reset was done 7 days ago, kept on charger another one hour even if indicate it's 100% charged. Now, after exactly 7 days and 7 nights, I have 11% battery but with 0 minutes GPS, 0 min exercise, only HR and true sleep was activated.
I don't know how to say but I don't think that these 11 percents will be enough for another 5 days as Huawei specified in description: 12 days with heart rate always on.

I'm really thinking to buy again a Witings watch....even if it lacks the GPS...and the text is a little hard to read than on Watch GT. I have more than 25 days batter life on it.
Userlevel 4
I am totally agree. I am so disappointed by huawei support and and their no-response attitude.

It's a pity because even if they earn money with Watch GT without giving a professionnal support (I understanded now Huawei make several tries and launch product to be in smartwart competition without support and just thinking of the next smartwatch to produce), they will loose potential customers for their next products (smartwatch or other).

This is not the case for Garmin or Suunto who offer excellent support, listen to their customers and fix the bugs. They have been doing it for years.
As a result, they have an excellent image and people trust them and they can sell very expensive products.
This will not be the case for Huawei, I think! 😉

I officially opened a case to Huawei support and explain them that they annonced 15 days autonomy with FC and GPS for 90mn and my watch GT go penibly to 5 jours with the same behaviour, their response is : sorry but when we annonced 15 days, there is an little asterisk which go to a little text which says "it depends on the use".

These response is not professional and i don't trust huawei now.🤔
Userlevel 1
I am totally agree. I am so disappointed by huawei support and and their no-response attitude.

It's a pity because even if they earn money with Watch GT without giving a professionnal support (I understanded now Huawei make several tries and launch product to be in smartwart competition without support and just thinking of the next smartwatch to produce), they will loose potential customers for their next products (smartwatch or other).

This is not the case for Garmin or Suunto who offer excellent support, listen to their customers and fix the bugs. They have been doing it for years.
As a result, they have an excellent image and people trust them and they can sell very expensive products.
This will not be the case for Huawei, I think! 😉

I officially opened a case to Huawei support and explain them that they annonced 15 days autonomy with FC and GPS for 90mn and my watch GT go penibly to 5 jours with the same behaviour, their response is : sorry but when we annonced 15 days, there is an little asterisk which go to a little text which says "it depends on the use".

These response is not professional and i don't trust huawei now.🤔

I totally agree with you.
I cannot find any reason for this lack of assistance for this watch at least....( I didn't had any other Huawei product).
I can add to companies mentioned by you (Garmin or Suunto) that also the Withings offer a very decent support for their products even if the watch is out of warranty period.
I liked the Watch GT at the beginning but now, with 7 days battery life with 0 minutes GPS, 0 min exercise....I'm really disappointed. Yesterday I said that after 7 days I still had 11% battery but after half hour the watch send me warning the battery is to low, 10% please recharge....I didn't memorize the exact text but that was the idea...
Userlevel 3
Huawei staff, have already seen that the reset solution do not work, we wait for an answer.
It really is half the autonomy that you advertise, at least show willingness to fix it in the short term. With back to the previous version to me it's worth it.
Userlevel 2
I can verify that my last periods between charging only lasted 7 days. Before I updated to firmware 1.0.5.36 it could last +14 days.
Userlevel 4
Ooh I just have the new firmware 1.0.6.8 !
Userlevel 1
Me too....now we have to wait and see if the problems are solved
Userlevel 4
yes, i hope so.

I 've just create a new topic about it :

Topic about firmware 1.0.6.8
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi all,

Thank you for taking your time to report on the situation in regards to the battery status of the Watch GT after the latest firmware update.

We have taken your feedback, opinions and comments into account and escalated the provided information further to the appropriate departments.

Can you kindly PM me in private with the Serial Number and Build Number of your Watch GT devices?

Should we have any news, we will keep you updated on the situation!

Best wishes,
Max