Huawei Watch GT connection problem

Userlevel 1
İ have watch gt . İ am always have a reconnection problem with my phone. İf the connection is failed, it doesnt reconnect automaticly or manualltly. You have to unpair watch again erc. Etc. With the latest update 7 . they dont solve this problem.

176 replies

I'm having the exactly the same problem. I having to restart the watch and phone several times during the day to keep the watch connected.

The watch doesn't automatically reconnect to the phone, if you have gone out if range.

Having to frequently restart each device to maintain connectivity is simple not good enough. Having an open connection between the watch and the phone is a mandatory requirement.

Watch - GT 863

Phone - Lenovo P2a42, version 6.0.1

What is the problem?
Userlevel 1
I'm having the exactly the same problem. I having to restart the watch and phone several times during the day to keep the watch connected.

The watch doesn't automatically reconnect to the phone, if you have gone out if range.

Having to frequently restart each device to maintain connectivity is simple not good enough. Having an open connection between the watch and the phone is a mandatory requirement.

Watch - GT 863

Phone - Lenovo P2a42, version 6.0.1

What is the problem?

You re right. The problem is the same. İ hope they solve this problem with new update. İ am starting to hate the watch due to this problem.
Same Problem, as soon as the Watch gets disconnected for a longer perdio (i´d say something around 15 minutes) it will not longer connect to the phone.
A restart is what I did first, it seems that a DND enable and disable does now suffice. But still...annoying.
Userlevel 7
Badge
Using the last firmware with IPhone 7 and don’t have any connection problem.
Any feedback coming from Huawei on this matter
Same problem for me, the only solution is to turn on the gps on phone. Please fix this problem. Thanks
İ have watch gt . İ am always have a reconnection problem with my phone. İf the connection is failed, it doesnt reconnect automaticly or manualltly. You have to unpair watch again erc. Etc. With the latest update 7 . they dont solve this problem.

Same here. I've found a workaround , i force stop the app and restart it.After that the watch is connected.
Userlevel 1

İ have watch gt . İ am always have a reconnection problem with my phone. İf the connection is failed, it doesnt reconnect automaticly or manualltly. You have to unpair watch again erc. Etc. With the latest update 7 . they dont solve this problem.Same here. I've found a workaround , i force stop the app and restart it.After that the watch is connected.

Ok i will try it. Thanks
İ always restart the phone and watch. İ have to.
also have a look at battery optimization settings of the app.you have to put app at no optimization
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hey all!

We're sorry to hear that you have all encountered issues with the Watch GT.

We can guarantee that the device should not be functioning this way by default, hence the situation you have described might be influenced by numerous factors ranging from wrong settings, glitches or manufacturing faults.

To identify what's causing this, I'd like all of you to check if your device has any sort of battery limitations for the HUAWEI Health app. On Huawei smartphones you can do this from the Phone Manager App.

Make sure that the Health app has all the necessary permissions enabled and that it is updated to the newest version avaiable from the Play Store.

Let us know if this changed anything!

Hope this helps!
Max
Same problem here..
Watch firmware and Huawei health app with latest version.
I don't have any battery limitations for the HUAWEI Health app at my phone.
Same problem here..
Watch firmware and Huawei health app with latest version.
I don't have any battery limitations for the HUAWEI Health app at my phone.

For me it's the same. I also removed the limitation on Huawei Mobile Services, but nothing change.

It's definitely an app issue (not the watch) since a force stop allows to reconnect.
I have a OnePlus 5T with latest update. Please debug with that model and fix the issue 🙂
same issue for me, GPS must be on for the GT watch to reconnect to phone after out of range, but sometimes it doesn't connect at all, you have to open the Health app and click there to connect (GPS must be ON if it is OFF it doesn't reconnect). Can you please fix this!
I am having the same connection problems despite all the suggestions on the forum. This morning I could not reconnect and finally had to pair as a new GT watch and all was working again and previous data recordings kept.
I found a relative easy way to reconnect on my phone Pixel 2, with GPS On just turn Bluetooth Off and then On and the watch reconnects. After this you can Turn GPS Off if wanted. Pretty pathetic 🙂
Further to my previous post I have noticed my connectivity problems seem to appear after recharging
Had tried turning watch, phone, Gps and bluetooth off and on again,but only thing worked for me was pairing again as new GT watch.
I've just updated the Huawei Health app and nothing changed.

Any news from the developers? Are they working on these connectivity issues?
Thanks
Apparently they don't seem to care !
After Health APP Update same issue (connection problem).
Watch is useless!!!
Hey all!

We can guarantee that the device should not be functioning this way by default, hence the situation you have described might be influenced by numerous factors ranging from wrong settings, glitches or manufacturing faults.

To identify what's causing this, I'd like all of you to check if your device has any sort of battery limitations for the HUAWEI Health app. On Huawei smartphones you can do this from the Phone Manager App.

Make sure that the Health app has all the necessary permissions enabled and that it is updated to the newest version avaiable from the Play Store.

Hope this helps!
Max

Hi! Any news from the developers? Are they working on it?
Thanks
Userlevel 2
I suggest everybody with this problem contact Huawei support.

They said they will look into it.
Userlevel 4
Watch GT doesn't automatically reconnect to phone after Bluetooth disconnection.

I have to open the Huawei Health app and reconnect manually.

The Health app & the Huawei services app are both excluded from all battery saving features, have all permissions granted and are locked in recent apps.

My phone is a Xiaomi Mix 3.
I don't have this issue with any other Bluetooth device. The fault is 100% with the watch GT or the Huawei Health App.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@MisterStu I've added your post here as this topics cover reconnection issues. Here is Max's comment:

Hey all!

Hope this helps!
Max
Userlevel 4
@MisterStu I've added your post here as this topics cover reconnection issues. Here is Max's comment:

Hey all!

Hope this helps!
Max

The Health app & the Huawei services app are both excluded from battery saving features and have all permissions granted. Health app is locked in recent apps so it never gets closed.

As soon as I leave Bluetooth range, the watch disconnects but NEVER reconnects unless I turn the phone back on. I don't actually have to do anything other than waking the phone up, this is enough to make the Health app remember to reconnect.

My last phone was a Honor Play and I never had this problem, so I know the Watch itself is not faulty.

My current phone is a Xiaomi Mix 3 but the problem is with the Huawei Health app.